disney visa question

They can change it for any reason at anytime - you can bet it's in the fine print. I don't carry a balance, but Chase typically has higher interest anyway. At least mine does. Most rewards cards have higher interest rates than non-rewards so they can pay for all those rewards.

I can not speak for my others cards but for our discover they can not change it as long as we do not defalt under the promo offers that we accept. We were on a 0% with them.. but we now have 5.99 (balnce transfer rate) promo until sometime in 2011. They did however just increased out apr rate.. but not the promo where we have 5.99 ( for the balance transfer). If we default they will take our rate to the new apr rate that they just changed our account too. I worked for a law firm before working at home after having my son.. I read ALL FINE PRINT . ;)

We have 2 chase accounts. Both came off the 0% rate and went to 7.99 fixed. Then they changed our rate. The 7.99 rate was not a promo. So we paid one balance off and switched the other one to a 0% rate. I know everycard is different.

Yep, this is true!!! However, my AMEX Blue has a low interest and we get rewards as well, I think it has to do something with their fees to charge merchants.

Most of my other low fee cards have no rewards attached to them!

Our blue is another great accont that we have. We too have a low apr. :)

Chase recently lowered our interest rate to just under 12% - I just called and asked, told them I was thinking of closing the account. Credit card companies hate that - they'll usually lower the rate if you ask, rather than lose your business.

They also threw in 10 rewards dollars as an extra incentive

WOW- you must have gotten a super nice rep when you called because
I just did the same thing and they said all they could do was 22.9% down
from 24.9% so I transferred the $ to a lower interest card.

I think it's actually $20 in rewards before you can "request" your card. I already banked $55 in rewards :cool1: So I requested a card for $50...I figure after I finish paying off our trip with the card then I'll just transfer more points to the card before we go.

Great tip on making sure to pay off things to get the points transfered before the trip:thumbsup2 I don't know if I would have thought of that.

And...I agree as long as you DON'T carry a balance the % really isn't an issue. We've managed to rack up the $50 in points and pay it all off as we go. :cool1:

Hey...I just wanted to say I got my Rewards card a few days ago :goodvibes I was super suprised it came soooo fast. I think it was way less than 2 weeks. :cool1:

Oh...and mine came regular mail...no Fed-X here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter