disney visa points?

BirdLegsRed

Mouseketeer
can you use those disney visa points on meals, like at Coral Reef or something? I have about 150.00 worth, and we won't spend that much on souveniers.

Yes you can! It's the primary way I use mine...usually blown at Jiko at the AK Lodge each trip (appetizers, meal, bottle of good wine, desserts, coffee - that bill can be LARGE!).

Yes, you can.
You can also use them to pay for your resort or ticket stay.
I applied ours to our final bill at checkout.

Yes you can but you realize that you must redeem them for the disney reward card that can be used anywhere within Disney. I think it takes about 3 weeks to get the reward card in the mail. I just remember reading that somewhere I haven't redeemed mine yet so if I am wrong I apologize.

We used ours for food in December - no problem. You might want to just double check with some of the DTD restaurants that aren't Disney owned/operated - I'm not 100% sure about those.

I do know there are a few snack carts that don't take them - Joffey coffee carts for one (they don't take Disney Gift Cards or DDP either)

You can also get your rewards card at Guest Relations if you don't order it ahead of time. We got ours at DTD when we redeemed our AP vouchers and bought our TiW card. Whole thing took about 10 minutes and after we had it in hand we just had to call the 800# and have our points instantly transferred to the card. :thumbsup2

ETA: just to clarify.... some of the non-Disney stores on property may not take them either (like in WS). If in doubt, always ask first. :)

Yes you can but you realize that you must redeem them for the disney reward card that can be used anywhere within Disney. I think it takes about 3 weeks to get the reward card in the mail. I just remember reading that somewhere I haven't redeemed mine yet so if I am wrong I apologize.
If you don't have time to wait for the reward card in the mail, you can take your Disney Visa and a photo ID to the Guest Relations window at Downtown Disney. They'll give you a Rewards Card there. You then call Chase and read them the number on the card and they link it to your account, and transfer your reward dollars. It can then be used instantly.
tallen429 said:
Yes, you can.
You can also use them to pay for your resort or ticket stay.
I applied ours to our final bill at checkout.
This backfired on me on this past trip. When you check in and tell them you want to have charging on your room keys, they'll tell you what your charging limit is. (The amount is based on whether you're at a deluxe, moderate, or value resort. It's nothing to do with your credit rating our available balance on your credit card.) At the deluxe resorts, the amount was $1,500. When your charges hit this amount, they automatically charge the credit card you have on file. Ours hit that limit two days before we checked out, and they zeroed out our balance to my Visa. We went down the night before checking out to use our rewards cards toward the room charges, and there was nothing left to use them on. (My parents and sister were staying with us. Each of us has a Disney Visa, and we all wanted to use our rewards card toward our expenses.)

My sister was leaving after the first week, so we somehow managed to convince the desk clerk to allow her to "overpay" the account with her rewards card, which put the room in a negative balance. That took some explaining the next morning, when they had to get a manager to do a refund to my credit card when I checked out. It took quite some time for us to get checked out.

My parents and I were staying a second week, so we were able to balance things out during that part of the stay. When we left, I had about $50 left on my rewards card, which I used on PhotoPass stuff online after we got home.

All in all, I really kicked myself that we hadn't gone down to the desk earlier in the week to use the rewards cards to pay down some of the charges.

I have $1100 that I just transferred to my rewards card! I'm using it to pay for my dining plan upon arrival at my resort in 3 weeks! We couldn't get the free DDP because we're staying on DVC points, but this is just like having free dining.

If you don't mind me asking; how long did it take you to rack up $1100 in points? Are there any "tricks" you used? Thanks.

I booked my trip online. I applied my 500 points ( had been saving since our 9/2007 trip.) before I paid the final balance in June. I then earned more points becuase I paid the rest of the balance due on my Disney Visa card. In total I have about 45 points now on my card. As soon as this statement totals (about 2 days before we leave) I will go online and request the points to be "loaded" onto the disney rewards card I used in June. (You don't need to order a new card each time) I plan on using the $45 on souvenirs or adult beverages... probably adult beverages:rolleyes:

I never have more than about $150 on my rewards card when I go to Disney.

Then again, I go to Disney usually every few months! ;)

We put absolutely everything on our Disney visa card, including a pack gum. We bought a new car and the dealer allowed us to apply $5000 of the total cost on our Disney Visa card. We pay for many of my parent’s larger bills with our card (monthly country club dues, summer beach house rental, etc.) There are a number of things you can do to increase the number of points you have in a short period of time.

We put absolutely everything on our Disney visa card, including a pack gum. We bought a new car and the dealer allowed us to apply $5000 of the total cost on our Disney Visa card.

We did that, too! But, our dealer only let us charge $4,000!

We've also had a couple of $1000 repairs to our older vehicles; that adds up, too (unfortunately)....

We pay for many of my parent’s larger bills with our card (monthly country club dues, summer beach house rental, etc.) There are a number of things you can do to increase the number of points you have in a short period of time.

That's a good idea! If you can be sure you're going to be paid back, paying other people's bills would probably really rack up the points! :)

If you don't have time to wait for the reward card in the mail, you can take your Disney Visa and a photo ID to the Guest Relations window at Downtown Disney. They'll give you a Rewards Card there. You then call Chase and read them the number on the card and they link it to your account, and transfer your reward dollars. It can then be used instantly.
This backfired on me on this past trip. When you check in and tell them you want to have charging on your room keys, they'll tell you what your charging limit is. (The amount is based on whether you're at a deluxe, moderate, or value resort. It's nothing to do with your credit rating our available balance on your credit card.) At the deluxe resorts, the amount was $1,500. When your charges hit this amount, they automatically charge the credit card you have on file. Ours hit that limit two days before we checked out, and they zeroed out our balance to my Visa. We went down the night before checking out to use our rewards cards toward the room charges, and there was nothing left to use them on. (My parents and sister were staying with us. Each of us has a Disney Visa, and we all wanted to use our rewards card toward our expenses.)

My sister was leaving after the first week, so we somehow managed to convince the desk clerk to allow her to "overpay" the account with her rewards card, which put the room in a negative balance. That took some explaining the next morning, when they had to get a manager to do a refund to my credit card when I checked out. It took quite some time for us to get checked out.

My parents and I were staying a second week, so we were able to balance things out during that part of the stay. When we left, I had about $50 left on my rewards card, which I used on PhotoPass stuff online after we got home.

All in all, I really kicked myself that we hadn't gone down to the desk earlier in the week to use the rewards cards to pay down some of the charges.

for future reference, you can add the Disney rewards (and Disney gift cards) to your room account when you check in, creating a negative balance on your account. Whenever you charge things to your room, it will go against your credit. If room charges go over your credit amount, then they will charge your cc on file.

This way you won't need to worry about redeeming your rewards card before they charge your cc on file. I prefer to charge to the room, so I don't need to carry the reward/gift cards around with me in addition to my KTTW card. I also like to get a print out of all charges at the end of our stay so I can keep track of how much we spent.

I always try to use my rewards card everywhere, that way I'm sure that it will get used up before my "real" money. If they dont take the card I pay another way. I have never had a problem using the rewards card.

for future reference, you can add the Disney rewards (and Disney gift cards) to your room account when you check in, creating a negative balance on your account. Whenever you charge things to your room, it will go against your credit. If room charges go over your credit amount, then they will charge your cc on file.

This way you won't need to worry about redeeming your rewards card before they charge your cc on file. I prefer to charge to the room, so I don't need to carry the reward/gift cards around with me in addition to my KTTW card. I also like to get a print out of all charges at the end of our stay so I can keep track of how much we spent.
That's great, thanks. We'll do that in the future. We usually charge everything to the room, too.

On this trip, we were doing it because I had the Tables in Wonderland card. You can't split a check when you're using this, so we charged everything to the room, then used the printout from the front desk to settle up.

If you don't mind me asking; how long did it take you to rack up $1100 in points? Are there any "tricks" you used? Thanks.

I pay every thing through the card: We got to Wal-Mart and use the card then I got home and pay the amount on the receipt, I pay the car insurance with the then go home and pay the bill.

Once again I run everything possible through the card the points rack up also Chase in our area has a debit Disney card so we will rack up even more points.

Disney Credit Card is $100 – 1 pt.
Disney Debit Card is $200 – 1 pt.

The key to the credit card is to pay the bill before the bill come in so you have a zero balance.

It's taken 2 years to accumulate 1100 reward $$. We last used up our balance in October 2007, when we did the land & sea package.

I didn't use any "tricks" to earn these. I never get those double or triple point offers! We just put anything we can on our card and pay it off each month. I have our cell phone bill, cable bill (which bundles cable, phone, and internet), and our natural gas bill all coming directly out of our cc each month. We've also paid for other vacations. When I pay off the bill each month and never have finance charges, it's like free money!!

Our trip next month is our last to WDW for awhile. My husband wants to do other trips now that the kids are older. So, unless I can convince him to book the DCL Alaska trip for 2011, we might be in the market for a different cc with another reward program.

we had about 960 so since we are staying off sight we use them for or 8 day tickets now since that we have earned another 50 or so and that will go towards mickeys bars and sodas yum:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter