Disney Visa points to pay for hotel room

Barb A.

Mouseketeer
We are staying one night at the WL. We were hoping to use our points to pay for that one night and was wondering if anyone has ever done this. Since we had to pay one nights deposit on Visa, I'm curious as to how this will work when we arrive and want to use our points to pay for the room. Will they credit our Visa account and have us pay with our points. I just don't want to arrive there and have a dispute over this.

When I tried to do this I wasn't able to--something about it being more than 30 days since I made the reservation.

Maybe you could use the points for your meals or park passes?

Anne

Hmmm..., that's a good question. I've only used ours for souveniers, but I will be interested to hear what others say about his one. :)

Barb A. said:
We are staying one night at the WL. We were hoping to use our points to pay for that one night and was wondering if anyone has ever done this. Since we had to pay one nights deposit on Visa, I'm curious as to how this will work when we arrive and want to use our points to pay for the room. Will they credit our Visa account and have us pay with our points. I just don't want to arrive there and have a dispute over this.

First you have to apply for your Disney Visa reward card. You can do this over the internet by going on the Visa web site. Its very easy. Once you apply for the card it will then allow you to apply as many points as you want, ( I think in groups of ten) at that time. You will receive your card in the mail. It looks like a credit card. When you check in at the hotel, just present the card to the CM and they will apply the credits to your room. You can also have Disney Visa send you a brochure that will further explain this. :goodvibes

Just another thought. Don't throw the card away, you can add points to it for your next trip to WDW by going on the internet and accessing your acount.

If I understand your question right, I would have to say that you will not be able to do this. If anything, I would try to make the change now, but I still don't think they will let you change your method of payment like that. You could cancel your reservation and then use your points on a new one night reservation (which you would make first of course).

I have a question. When you transfer your points to a reward card do they send something to let you know what you can use your points on. I have searched everywhere to see what you can use them for and have found nothing. We are going to Disney next week and I don't even know if I have enough to make it worth getting the points transferred. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

since we are going again before my rewards card expires I transfer mine to that. When I booked our Sept. trip I used my rewards card for the $200 deposit. When I pay the balance in Aug. I will use my Disney Visa card and then get the points as well as 6 mos. with no interest to pay it off. It seemed easy...I hope it works out that way when I go to do it. :goodvibes

AmyTags said:
I have a question. When you transfer your points to a reward card do they send something to let you know what you can use your points on. I have searched everywhere to see what you can use them for and have found nothing. We are going to Disney next week and I don't even know if I have enough to make it worth getting the points transferred. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would call the 800# and get your points balance. It doesn't cost anything to have your points transferred to a card. My only concern would be whether or not it would arrive in time for you to use it next week. Mine took a couple of weeks to arrive. You can use the points on anything in Disney - souvenirs, food, etc. They do send a brochure with the points card.

Actually that's not good advice. You can go to guest services at DTD and get a card, then call the 800 number from a payphone or your cell and ahve the points transferred. no waiting and hoping the card will come in the mail.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter