Disney Visa/other card for Canadians!

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Would I be able to interest others on this board for a petition of some sort or e-mail campaign to Disney for a charge/credit cobranded card for Disney rewards here in Canada?

I wonder if Disney has spoken to the major banks in Canada or an MBNA or Capital One?

Thanks
Jason

:jester:

First, Bank One here in Canada is MasterCard!LOL

But if you think it will help, we are having a DisMeet in Toronto, I could get everybody who wants to, sign something or get them to e-mail Disney!

Anybody else with some thoughts?

Scratch

:smooth:

I know RBC is Visa and has interests in the US. Isn't the arena in NC called the RBC Centre or something like that (I thought I'd seen something during a Leaf/Carolina game last week)?

Here's another thought- you know how TD has the GM Visa Card, the Bay has HBC rewards etc. Why doesn't the Royal offer an RBC Disney Visa Points card? Anyone have Royal Bank connections?

My guess would be TD Canada Trust would be the best bet as they have TD Waterhouse set up all over the US. They could also set something up with the TD GM Visa card as GM is the corporate sponsor of Test Track.

Another good suggestion!! They can just take my accumulated GM points and convert them to Disney points!!!

The only problem that I have seen here in Canada is that an online petition is a moot point they don't count for anything here so I am not sure if a petition full of signatures from Canada is really going to have any or hold any weight in the US. I know they are not seen as valid here we tried to do one in London and were told that if the document doesn't ave the actual signature of the person it is useless and this was told to my riding club by 3 levels of government.

Yeah...but it's worth a try!!!

Come on everyone...

"Wink you believe in Tink!"

I just signed....*BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!*

Signed it! Doesn't really matter how "valid" it is. Disney knows that the Canadian market is important - if they didn't they wouldn't offer Canadian specials each year. It wouldn't suprise me if Disney is already in talks with TD, CIBC or Royal. My bet is on TD because they have really bought in to co-branded cards (GM, Wal-Mart, Harley-Davidson). It would fit nicely into their portfolio.

I know of a rewards system which provides points for both Americans and Canadians. The Canadian card is a Visa administerd by RBC (Royal Bank). The American card is a Mastercard run by MBNA America Bank N.A. The rewards system works the same for both Americans and Canadians it is just run by different banks on different cards becuase ultimatley it is the organization that is responsible for redeeming the rewards. Why can't Disney offer us a card too? I sure will miss by Disney Club card when it expires this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter