Disney Visa OBC

codex57

Mouseketeer
I promised to update. I just can't remember which post it was in so I'm making a new post.

Anyways, I can confirm that if you book the cruise with the Disney Visa cc, you get $50 OBC. It is nonrefundable. Use it or lose it. Only to be used towards beverages. Gratuities for those beverages also counts.

They break it down. Line item for the beverage, the auto gratuity, and any additional gratuity.

If you have a mixed order, like popcorn and drinks, the popcorn doesn't show up. Only the drinks. Souvenir cups count towards the beverage.

Only to be used towards beverages?? that is new to me. Years ago we got the Visa OBC and it was for anything, as far as I know. Oh well, better than nothing. Thanks for reporting.

Only to be used towards beverages?? that is new to me. Years ago we got the Visa OBC and it was for anything, as far as I know. Oh well, better than nothing. Thanks for reporting.
It was changed about a year ago. It depends on what sort of perk Visa/Disney wants to put out there to entice you to use the card. It can vary. The current beverage OBC was originally on those cruises booked through 12/31/15, but recently changed to cruises booked through 12/31/16.

I was going to ask this question. When booking online, how do you put the visa code in? Once upon a time there was a code box and you put in DCC, but I can't find it? Does anyone know?

I was going to ask this question. When booking online, how do you put the visa code in? Once upon a time there was a code box and you put in DCC, but I can't find it? Does anyone know?
My guess - if there's no box any longer, you'll probably have actually call DCL to add it.

I could not put mine in online either. Later, I called DCL and asked them to add it and they did. Not sure when it will show up, but will definitely be after paid in full (with the D Visa).

Do you get this OBC if you booked onboard and are already getting an OBC through DCL? We always use our Disney visa, yet have only once received the Visa OBC.

Do you get this OBC if you booked onboard and are already getting an OBC through DCL? We always use our Disney visa, yet have only once received the Visa OBC.
You get this OBC if you pay for the entire reservation via your Disney VISA card. But you have to follow up on it, they don't do it automatically. That's why it's a good idea to call DCL and have the code added yourself.

You can't get the OBC if you're already using some code for a discount. Don't know if the OBB discount uses a code or not. Only one discount code can be used at a time.

You have to pay the full cruise expense (fare plus taxes/fees) with the Disney Visa card. That means the deposit, the final payment, and any interim payments you may have made. However, it is not automatically and must be requested. It is not available if you have an OBB or most of the discount offers (FLR, MIL, etc.), but it is available with a *GT.

Enjoy your cruise!

Shmoo types faster than me every time! :)

You have to pay the full cruise expense (fare plus taxes/fees) with the Disney Visa card. That means the deposit, the final payment, and any interim payments you may have made. However, it is not automatically and must be requested. It is not available if you have an OBB or most of the discount offers (FLR, MIL, etc.), but it is available with a *GT.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sorry, but your answer was better as I wasn't sure on what bookings have codes that are already applied (therefore not allowing the VISA code).

Did you correct the "Shmoo" spelling? I see it different in the original post vs what the quote has in my reply. Never mind, it just fixed itself.

Enjoy your cruise!

You also have to pay for any "extras" with the card such as if you prepay gratuities or add Disney transportation. We have tried to use this twice and got burned both times.

You also have to pay for any "extras" with the card such as if you prepay gratuities or add Disney transportation. We have tried to use this twice and got burned both times.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that since those things can be added on pretty close to cruise date and if not paid in advance could be paid for using any method for the onboard account. Interesting they track all of it pre-cruise.

You get this OBC if you pay for the entire reservation via your Disney VISA card. But you have to follow up on it, they don't do it automatically. That's why it's a good idea to call DCL and have the code added yourself.

Definitely follow up on it. I booked last minute so I forgot to check. I was actually getting OBC from my travel agent as well. None of it showed up and I didn't discover that until we were already at sea. Luckily, the ship gave 50 MB of free data the first night and I was able to send messages late that first night. The guest services was great also in following up with me and contacting Shore to check on their end. I ended up getting cell service in Mexico and was able to get it all cleared up a couple days later, but it freaked me out for a while. I thought the Disney Visa OBC would at least be automatic but it most definitely isn't.

And yes, I paid EVERYTHING with that card, and used it as my card to charge for on board purchases. It's annoying not to get miles for the giant purchases. I'm not getting my Disney reward dollars from the cruise purchase until after I'm back. I still have the gift card from opening the CC in the first place.

Can you pay for gratuities with gift cards or a redemption card on the ship and still get the disney visa obc if you paid for the entire cruise with disney visa?

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that since those things can be added on pretty close to cruise date and if not paid in advance could be paid for using any method for the onboard account. Interesting they track all of it pre-cruise.

We didn't either. We were given a gift card as a wedding gift and used that to pay for our round trip transportation about 3 weeks before our cruise. Once onboard, we were told we didn't qualify for the Visa credit since we used a gift card as a form of payment 3 weeks prior. The cruise before, it was using a gift card to pre pay gratuities is why we didn't get the credit. I thought it was the fare and taxes, but I guess how they do pre paid gratuities and transfers, is to add them to the overall cost of the cruise.

Can you pay for gratuities with gift cards or a redemption card on the ship and still get the disney visa obc if you paid for the entire cruise with disney visa?

It's my understanding that this is ok. It's just when you prepay gratuities that it becomes part of the cruise fare.

We recently booked a VGT fare for a February cruise and paid in full with our VISA. When I inquired as to whether or not we would receive the VISA OBC the CM told us no but he would check with his supervisor. When he returned, he told us that because we booked a VGT we were not entitled to the VISA OBC. Has anyone been able to obtain the OBC with a GT fare?

We recently booked a VGT fare for a February cruise and paid in full with our VISA. When I inquired as to whether or not we would receive the VISA OBC the CM told us no but he would check with his supervisor. When he returned, he told us that because we booked a VGT we were not entitled to the VISA OBC. Has anyone been able to obtain the OBC with a GT fare?
See post #10 here. It looks like you should have been able to get it. Call and ask again.

If you are told "no" again, ask if it's because the *GT booking has it's own code. Because I do know you can only use one discount code on a cruise. So, if there's a code for the last minute bookings, then they can't also put in any other codes that you may qualify for.

In the past, I know the Disney Visa $50 beverage credit was available with *GT bookings because those don't take a booking code. The Disney Visa OBC offer does indicate "Cannot be combined with any other offer or discounts..." so possibly DCL has closed that loophole now that there is no place on the website for a booking code and it must be called in. However, I would try calling again as we all know different Disney phone reps can give different answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter