Disney Visa Meet & Greet

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
Everytime we have done the Meet & Greet it is Chip & Dale. I have heard that Goofy and maybe even Mickey make apperances. Is there a schedule? How often during the 90 mins do the characters change? What characters currently do appear?

In the past few years, in our experience, it's been Chip and Dale that switch out with Pluto. I believe they switch every 30 minutes. Years ago, when they were still doing the meet and greet at Ariel's Grotto, we saw Mickey and Goofy. :goodvibes

In the past few years, in our experience, it's been Chip and Dale that switch out with Pluto. I believe they switch every 30 minutes. Years ago, when they were still doing the meet and greet at Ariel's Grotto, we saw Mickey and Goofy. :goodvibes

Yep. This has been our experience as well. We do have a few pictures with Mickey and Goofy back from when it was at Ariel's Grotto. I seem to remember a picture with Mickey too from when they moved it to where Blue Sky Cellar is now. Since they moved to the location near Monster's Inc. though we have not seen anybody except Chip and Dale and Pluto. They do switch every 30 minutes.

Well pluto would work too. Actually hoping to get both...since I am going with my niece for her first trip.

Well pluto would work too. Actually hoping to get both...since I am going with my niece for her first trip.

What time and where do you do it? Do you need a voucher or just give the card?

You can go once per day. The Meet and Greet starts at 10:30 and runs until noon. The characters usually switch every 30 minutes. So if you see Chip and Dale one day and go back during another day of your trip and it's Chip and Dale again, you could always wait and go back after the switchover to meet Pluto instead. Just ask the CM which character it is before checking in. You will be asked to show your Disney Visa to the check-in CM. Once you meet the characters, the photopass CM will give you the free photo voucher.

You can actually go more than once per day so that you can see both C&D and Pluto. However, they will only give you the voucher the first time.

If DH and I have separate cards, but are on the same account, can we get 2 per day or 1? Thanks!

If DH and I have separate cards, but are on the same account, can we get 2 per day or 1? Thanks!

In our experience they will only give you one voucher if both cards are from the same account.

In our experience they will only give you one voucher if both cards are from the same account.

Yep. They were very specific about that when DH and I showed our cards. We do have separate accounts so got two vouchers, but the CM was explaining as we were presenting the cards to her and actually checked that the numbers weren't the same. She also checked the expiration date. She said they had some instances of people trying to use expired cards to take advantage of the offer.

Boy, when we did this back at the beginning of July, they just vaguely glanced at our cards, it could have been someone else's, expired, etc. for all they knew. LOL. (It wasn't, but I'm just sayin').

Our experience was a switch out with Chip and Dale and Pluto as well. You can always ask the CM and find out the times.

I have also heard that you don't have to get the picture you took at the Meet and Greet as your free picture. You can get any 5x7 from a Photopass picture as your free one.

Can someone confirm this?

I have also heard that you don't have to get the picture you took at the Meet and Greet as your free picture. You can get any 5x7 from a Photopass picture as your free one.

That has been true for us (and we have done it several times), but it may depend on the CM.

This was true for us during our last visit. You get a little coupon good for any photo, it even says it on the voucher. You do have to use it at the photopass location in California Adventure, not Disneyland though.

Our vouchers had a one month expiration date, so we didn't even have to use them on the day we got them either. I used them all on the final day.

It TOTALLY depends on the CM we've learned. A couple trips back in 08 we were able to get whatever pic we wanted from our PP card. This past June, we asked the (somewhat grumpy) CM if we could pick another picture and she said no. The "rule" according to that CM, is that you can only pick a different pic if your meet-n-greet pics are "bad". Not sure what qualifies as bad - maybe if everyone isn't smiling or closes their eyes? Maybe you could, um, "make" them bad by frowning :rolleyes1

Seriously I think it totally depends on the CM you get. Also be warned that the CMs at checkout (not the one that prints your pic) might have no clue how to ring up the free photo. This has happened to us on our last TWO trips - it took over 20 minutes to try and get our free pic rung up, manager had to come over, very odd that the CM working right next to where they print the pics hadn't been briefed on how to ring these up.

I say we start a movement for new characters in the Meet-N-Greet!!!!! I have more pics with Chip & Dale than I know what to do with! It's become a joke with our Disney friends now - the trip isn't complete until we get ANOTHER Chip & Dale photo :rotfl:

If I have a Disney Visa but my friend does not have one, is he allowed to come in with me? Thanks!

In my experience it totally varries by CM!

I had a voucher from a trip in December that I just never got around to using and they let me use it when I was there in February WITH my voucher from that day! I've had CM's let me use it on any PP card, and others who say it has to be used on a DV picture.

Yes- you can use it with people who don't have a card. DH and I have a DV, but my parents do not, and we got a photo of the 4 of us together with Chip and Dale :)

Where is this at DL? I'm mostly a WDW girl....but heading west this weekend, and would like to do it. (been a Disney Visa holder for a long time)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter