Disney Visa, is it worth it?!

poeticeclipse

Mouseketeer
My fiance and I are looking for a good way to finance future Disney trips as well as earn some extra perk for the park. Is the Disney Visa the way to go? Are there any hidden charges or anything that we should know about before we jump into getting a Disney Visa? I've refused to get a credit card up until I heard that I could get free spending money for Disney! My fiance has had a credit card for 3 years or so and is very responsible with what he puts on it.

I'm just looking for some advice from Disney Visa holders. Thank you!!:wizard:

Like most rewards cards, it's worth it if you pay it off every month. If you always do that, it's kind of like free money. If not, the finance charges will probably cost you more than you get back. It's worth looking into various cash-back offers to see if this one or another one is the best fit for you.

I agree with PezPam. It is worth it only if you pay it off every month. Otherwise it just costs you money. The rewards are nice, but not necessarily the best. You may do better with a cashback card.
I've done better using an internet rewards program, like Sunshine Rewards, to get extra spending money. I just took advantage of the $50 GC for $45, so spending money for my girls is more than done.
Good luck to you whatever you decide.

The Disney Visa doesn't have near as many perks now as it used to. Plus they rarely have opportunities to earn bonus rewards...and when they do there's usually some incredibly high spending limit you have to reach before the bonuses kick in. I've had it since the inception date and am seriously considering canceling the card and finding another one that offers greater rewards.

We are very happy with our Disney Visa. We used to use an American Airlines rewards Visa, but when dd was born, we stopped using it. Frankly it was a lot less expensive just to purchase air travel directly. Now with our Disney Visa (which we pay off each month) we can accumulate our points and look forward to something special. We are using the points we have accumulated toward our first Disney Cruise this fall. It will be almost all paid for through our reward dollars. :thumbsup2

I LOVE Disney Visa just for the fact that cardholders get 0% APR for 6 months when booking a Disney vacation. I teased my DH about that meaning we could go to WDW 2x/yr -- and we've done exactly that!

As far as the rewards, we don't accumulate that many, but we've used what we do have on souveniers at WDW.

All this is given that you can pay off the balance before an interest charge is applied....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter