Disney Visa + Incentives

2Xited4Disney

DIS Veteran
We've been thinking about getting into the DVC for some time now and with our next trip coming up in a few weeks now I think it is time to take the plunge. My wife just received an email from her Disney Visas that says that we put the down payment on the visa we can receive annual passes to WDW or Disneyland. Does anyone know that if we take this offer we can't get those great new incentives? Thanks so much

Yes, if you take the Disney Visa AP's, you will not be eligible for the additional incentives being offered.

Right now, everyone is eligible (as long as you purchase the minimum level required ) for a certain dollar amount of the price. BLT and VGC is $8.00 off, AKL is $10.00 off, and SSR is $13.00 off.

In ADDITION to this, depending on how many points you buy, you can get ONE of these:

1. A Free Cruise (# of days depends on # of points)

2. An additional discount off the points (either $6.00 or $8.00, depending on # of points).

3. Two AP's if you put down payment (15%) on your Disney Visa.

Here is a link to all of them:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=227

Good luck!!!

Yes the general concensus and word from the guides is that it is a OR not an AND. So you will still get $8 off BLT and VGC and $10 off AKV. But you would not be entitled to the additional $ off for having a member referral. Sorry. We are bummed too. We did place our deposit on our Disney Visa and I guess there is a slim possibility that we will get some vouchers, but I doubt it. You do get up to 2500.00 deposit at 6 months 0% financing still.

We've been thinking about getting into the DVC for some time now and with our next trip coming up in a few weeks now I think it is time to take the plunge. My wife just received an email from her Disney Visas that says that we put the down payment on the visa we can receive annual passes to WDW or Disneyland. Does anyone know that if we take this offer we can't get those great new incentives? Thanks so much

Also, be aware that it takes some time to get those APs (I've been told about a month after closing).

You also have to put 15% down on your Dis Visa and the AP's have to be redeemed by June 30, 2010.

You will get $8/10 credit and 2 AP's no other offer applies.

HTH!:goodvibes

You also have to put 15% down on your Dis Visa and the AP's have to be redeemed by June 30, 2010.

You will get $8/10 credit and 2 AP's no other offer applies.

HTH!:goodvibes

I believe only the DL AP's have to be redeemed by June 30, 2010. The WDW AP's are vouchers that do not have a specified redemption date. :goodvibes

Has anyone been able to determine the minimum number of add-on points to qualify for the APs with the Disney Visa promo? I have a call in to my guide (last Thursday), and emailed DVC yesterday. No response. Buying a Prius is the only other time I've had to try this hard to spend money.

I am in the process of purchasing AKV. We paid the down payment today :cool1:. The pp's are correct, you cannot use the three incentives that are going on (I asked ;)). I opted for the $10 & $8 off vs AP's.

Has anyone been able to determine the minimum number of add-on points to qualify for the APs with the Disney Visa promo? I have a call in to my guide (last Thursday), and emailed DVC yesterday. No response. Buying a Prius is the only other time I've had to try this hard to spend money.

100 is the min add-on for the Disney Visa promo (Talked to my guide this afternoon) And of course there is the 15% down payment on the card.

I did not get into any other details, because I was hoping for 50 (Hey I can dream!)

Just make sure and do the math both ways - - it might make more sense to get the additional discount on the points, depending on how many points you buy. And, I believe, you are only entitled to 2 APs, so you would still have to purchase APs for your kiddos (if you have them). Regardless, congratulations!!! :goodvibes

Yea, we just purchased and we decided to go with the $16 off at BLT instead of the AP's. Just worked out to save us more money.

I just did the add-on and took the combined discounts since we already own AP's. My guide did mention to me that if you took the Visa deal, you couldn't get part two incentives. Obviously the subject has come up a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter