• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Free Photo Session

lovindonald

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the photo Op with the characters that the Disney Visa cards gives you. If you have can you give me the details of how you went about setting it up and everything. I wanted to take advantage of this but have no idea how to start the process. I appreciate the help!!

You just show up at innoventions west in Epcot between I think 2-4 PM and show you visa card and they let you into the character meet. I think you pick up your free pics at another place? Maybe someone else can be more specific.

It doesn't require reservations or anything such as that. Just your card!

We just happened on it by accident during our trip in June. There was a curtained area in Innoventions with a few CMs mulling about so we asked what was the big secret. They explained about the visa card promo and the free photo shoot beginning at 1:30 - it was 1:15pm so we ended up being first in line. They needed to see our card, took down our name and the last 4 digits of the disney card and at 1:30 we went in for the photo. Goofy and Minnie were there with the Disney photog. We had pictures taken of the kids and then they convinced my husband and me to get in a few. They even took a few pics using our camera, which was nice. A short time later we went by the Camera place at the front of the park and picked out the free photo. The cast member could zoom, crop, add borders, dates, etc. We could have purchased more but decided to just get the free pic, which came out very cute. :artist:

So you get a free photo with this? Is it at every park or just Epcot? Do you get one photo for the whole trip or how does that work???? I remember seeing something about it in our packet when we got our cards but it did not seem to go into detail about it! :confused3

TIA :)

cpayne1997 said:
So you get a free photo with this? Is it at every park or just Epcot? Do you get one photo for the whole trip or how does that work???? I remember seeing something about it in our packet when we got our cards but it did not seem to go into detail about it! :confused3

TIA :)

Its Epcot only and I think you get one free photo per card!

We did it last year. Will definitely be doing it again this year. Pretty much the same experience as above. CMs were great about taking extra pictures with our cameras. And they took a lot for us to choose the free pic from.

We got there about 2:45. Waited about 2 minutes for the people inside to finish and no one was behind us. It was Goofy, Mickey and Minnie.

We didn't try but I'm thinking that you may get another free pic if you went a second day.

Nice perk. :thumbsup2

You also don't have to get the picture they take there as your free one. It's all done on Photopass so you can use the coupon for any one of your photopass pictures!

It's a Disney Visa "Happiest Celebration on Earth" perk which is suppose to end September 30, 2006.

It's held daily at Epcot in Innovations West from 1:30p to 4:30p (across from the red fire truck). The characters change about every 20 minutes so there's no telling who you'll see. We've seen Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.

It's one free photo per Visa account, per day.

They will add these photos to your Photopass card.

While in line, they will ask to see your Disney Visa (write down the account number) and then give you a voucher for one free photo, which you must pick up before you leave Epcot that day, at the Photo Gallary. All the other photos can be purchased along with all the other Photopass photos you have taken during your trip.

They will let you take your time and take photos with your camera as well and they will take several shots so you can pick the best one.

We had 3 people with cards on our trip and because they let you pick any photo from your photo pass we got lots of pictures from all over the parks!

It's a great deal and I hope they decide to continue it. We've used it on 2 trips now and when you figure it costs approx $10 per photo, it's added up to quite a bit of money!

Well I'm bummed because they made me use one of the photo's taken and did not let me enhance it anyway. Though it was nice I would have chosen another photo on my photopass and had it edited. And it is one per day.

Denise

Thanks for all the great info! I appreciate all your help. We will definitely be doing this during our trip this time. We have NO family photos so it will be nice to finally have one with all of us in it. I usually have to take the pics so I am never in them. Thanks to this, no more! Thanks again!

FLPrincessMom said:
You also don't have to get the picture they take there as your free one. It's all done on Photopass so you can use the coupon for any one of your photopass pictures!

When we went in May, this wasn't the case. The guy at the photo shop said that we could only get a photo from the Disney Visa shoot. I said that I had heard of lots of other people choosing whichever photopass pic they wanted but he said no.

this was awesome! We had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy....and there was nobody ahead of us and nobody waiting behind us. :thumbsup2 They took probably about 10 pics for us to choose from and also took a bunch with my camera.
It was a terrific perk!!!!!!!!

jwann said:
When we went in May, this wasn't the case. The guy at the photo shop said that we could only get a photo from the Disney Visa shoot. I said that I had heard of lots of other people choosing whichever photopass pic they wanted but he said no.
Same here. Maybe it was just the month . . . We were also there in My '06.

beattyfamily said:
It's a Disney Visa "Happiest Celebration on Earth" perk which is suppose to end September 30, 2006.
Pretty much all of the HCE perks have been extended for another year :cool1: Someone on another thread about this called Chase and here is something in print :)
http://disney.go.com/visa/today/index.html?CELL=6FVQ19 said:
Offers valid through 9/30/07. Present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for special offers or entry into the Character Meet 'N' Greet Event. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Minimum purchase and/or separate theme park admission may be required. Offer elements, including participating locations, are subject to availability, and additional restrictions, and may change without notice.

If they extended it for my whole vacation, I'd probably have to go to Epcot every day!! Has anyone been since May and been able to get a picture other than the Meet & Greet photo??

How long does this promo last for?? we are there in late oct......

DBF and I were also there in May and could only get a photo from the meet and greet. They were great photos though-we had Pluto, Mickey and Donald (I was SO pumped about Mickey as I had heard he was rarely there...however it seems he's showing up more often now). Now we're thinking about going back for Christmas so I'm glad they extended the program-it's great! :thumbsup2

How long does the program last for?????????

Last time I looked it expired the end of September, but on another thread someone posted that when they called they were told it would be extended through Sept 2007 :confused3
Maybe check the website before you leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter