Disney Visa Free Dining--dates?

jse107

Mouseketeer
What were the dates for Disney's Visa free dining offer last year? We got a Disney Visa for our trip in November...just wondering if I should possibly hold out hope for a free dining offer. I know in the past Disney has offered free dining in August, Sept. and Oct.

I believe it was Aug 24th through Oct something. We missed the free dining by a few days last year.

What were the dates for Disney's Visa free dining offer last year? We got a Disney Visa for our trip in November...just wondering if I should possibly hold out hope for a free dining offer. I know in the past Disney has offered free dining in August, Sept. and Oct.

The dates were Sept. 28-Dec. 20, with some dates blacked out. We used this promotion for our Christmas trip Dec. 17-26 and in addition to free dining, we got the room portion of our package discounted. It was a great deal, and was never made available to the public. And I remember the date it was announced, cause it was on my b-day: Sept. 18. HTH.

I would go ahead and book the resort that you want and then apply the special rate code when it is released. I get the emails from Visa and from various Disney sites (mousesavers.com, etc) so that I was able to call as soon as the rate was released. The discounts codes for last years Oct to Dec specials were not released until late August/September.

**EDIT - My Nov 07 trip was discounted with a VISA package discount, not a 'free dining plan' discount;however, I received a $700 credit back to my Visa card.**

Last year was the first year they EVER offered the free dining at any other time other than AUg-Sept. There is no guarantee they will continue to do it every year.I imagine we will see more discounts with the poor economy, but if getting free dining is the only reason you would go to Disney I would wait to book.For one reason, booking now with hopes to add free dining offers NO advantage since the free dining room allotment is fixed and not the same as general room inventory( there is a limitied number of rooms per discount promo) and second, if enough people book for a certain time period, Disney has NO reason to even offer an incentive if there projected occupancy has been met.On the other hand, If you are going no matter what, then go ahead and book.

I would go ahead and book the resort that you want and then apply the special rate code when it is released. I get the emails from Visa and from various Disney sites (mousesavers.com, etc) so that I was able to call as soon as the rate was released. The discounts codes for last years Oct to Dec specials were not released until late August/September.

I might be wrong, but I didn't think it was as simple as just "applying the code". The impression I got was that there were a certain number of room types etc that qulaified for the code, so if you had - let's say - a standard view at WL booked and the special was released, it would still have to be available as part of the special rather than just "adding" the code to the existing package. So if there was only Courtyard view available under the special, you'd have to book that.

I hope I'm wrong though! Does anyone know for sure?

I might be wrong, but I didn't think it was as simple as just "applying the code". The impression I got was that there were a certain number of room types etc that qulaified for the code, so if you had - let's say - a standard view at WL booked and the special was released, it would still have to be available as part of the special rather than just "adding" the code to the existing package. So if there was only Courtyard view available under the special, you'd have to book that.

I hope I'm wrong though! Does anyone know for sure?

You are not wrong. A discount code can only "be applied" to an existing reservation if the resort, room type, and dates are available for that promotion. It is not uncommon to have to change either your resort, dates, or both, in order to take advantage of a promotion. Your WL example was exactly right. This past December we had a reservation booked with an annual passholder discounted room rate and the dining plan in a woods view, bunk bed room. When the Disney Visa cardholder free dining plan was announced, woods view, bunk bed was not available. We had to change our reservation to courtyard view, bunk bed in order to take advantage of it. It was still less money than our AP + dining package, and we got 1 day base tickets to put towards our AP renewals. :thumbsup2 As a PP said, booking a room in advance of a promotion does nothing to guarantee you will be able to get the discount, when/if one is released. You are better off waiting until the promotion is announced, and seeing what is available then.

I would like to know the answer to this one also. Thanks for any info coming here, really helps.

Have a nice day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter