Disney Visa Coming to an end???

NJRA

Mouseketeer
I work as a server in a resturant, and the other day I had a customer pay w/ a Disney Visa Card, as I was complimenting him on the card he told me that if I have reward dollars on mine to cash them out asap because Chase was ending the program w/ Disney!!!!!!! Please someone tell me this isn't true:confused3 I truley save a load of money on WDW vacations w/ my Disney Visa:confused:

I could swear I read somewhere it was the Disney Chase DEBIT card, not the credit card.

I thought it was only the Disney debit card that was being discontinued, not the Disney Visa...

It is only the DEBIT card that is going away.

People get confused and think it is the credit card but the credit card is fine and not going away.

ALL debit card rewards programs are being discontinued. This does not affect credit cards, and the Disney Rewards Visa credit card is not being discontinued.

I received a survey a week or so ago about my Disney VISA. Lots of questions about the lack of annual fee, rewards points, theme park and non-theme park discounts and other perks. I'm guessing that there may be changes coming....

A friend of mine works at a bank (won't say which one, but it is NOT Chase). He stated that lots of changes will be happening with both credit cards and debit cards. That the changes to the debit cards rewards programs is just the beginning.

Free Banking? Few banks will be able to afford it
Rewards Programs? With the number of people still defaulting on loans, they will be the first to go

It's all because of the banking regulations that went into place last summer.

Speaking of which. Should I be ordering my Disney rewards card now or just wait until I get to the parks later this month and cash out my points there?

I received a survey a week or so ago about my Disney VISA. Lots of questions about the lack of annual fee, rewards points, theme park and non-theme park discounts and other perks. I'm guessing that there may be changes coming....

I took the same survey. By the tone of the questions, I don't think this program is going away.

A friend of mine works at a bank (won't say which one, but it is NOT Chase). He stated that lots of changes will be happening with both credit cards and debit cards. That the changes to the debit cards rewards programs is just the beginning.

Free Banking? Few banks will be able to afford it
Rewards Programs? With the number of people still defaulting on loans, they will be the first to go

It's all because of the banking regulations that went into place last summer.

Government regulations have many unintended consequences and I would not be surprised to see changes to the program as a result. Word is the Bank of America is ending it's free banking options soon.

Speaking of which. Should I be ordering my Disney rewards card now or just wait until I get to the parks later this month and cash out my points there?

I think it's easier to do it ahead of time. You can order the card with as few as 25 Disney Dollars on it, I think. Then you can have more transferred as you need or want them. The expiration on the card is usually a year or two away. I did get my last card at Disney World because it was a last-minute trip and my old card had expired. I got my rewards card at the Guest Relations at DTD, but I still had to call to activate the card and transfer the dollars I wanted to use. I will go online before our next trip (in less than 3 weeks! :cool1: ) and transfer my dollars. Given the choice, I prefer to do stuff like that online. Much easier and I don't have to give a credit card number over the phone.

I think it's easier to do it ahead of time. You can order the card with as few as 25 Disney Dollars on it, I think. Then you can have more transferred as you need or want them. The expiration on the card is usually a year or two away. I did get my last card at Disney World because it was a last-minute trip and my old card had expired. I got my rewards card at the Guest Relations at DTD, but I still had to call to activate the card and transfer the dollars I wanted to use. I will go online before our next trip (in less than 3 weeks! :cool1: ) and transfer my dollars. Given the choice, I prefer to do stuff like that online. Much easier and I don't have to give a credit card number over the phone.
How long will it take to get it if I do it online though. I am only 24 days away from my trip. I would hate to order it online and then not receive it in time.

How long will it take to get it if I do it online though. I am only 24 days away from my trip. I would hate to order it online and then not receive it in time.

I think it's about 10 days. Check the website. Order it tonight - 3 weeks should be plenty of time.

OMG, way to freak my out there. Thank goodness it's only the debit card. The DW and myself use that card to get our points to help us out in the parks so much. We don't go into debt using it but we use it to book our vacations, flights and other little odds and ends to get the points, maybe use'em for a meal lol

ALL debit card rewards programs are being discontinued. This does not affect credit cards, and the Disney Rewards Visa credit card is not being discontinued.

That's right. My bank recently sent me a letter stating that all banks were discontinuing rewards programs for DEBIT cards but would not affect any credit card reward program. Gave me ample time to cash in any points I already have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter