disney visa code before public code?

Jenny

DIS Veteran
i called the 800 # on the back of my disney visa card to ask about special room rates at disney world hotels & the customer rep. really didn't seem to know what i was talking about. w/ some more explanation on my part, she gave me some specials that they're having w/ vero beach, etc so i knew we were on the right track but then she ended up giving me a disney (407) # to call re: my question. i asked her the general question - how will i know about special promotions that you offer regarding hotel room rates? she said mailings. there's talk on this forum about public codes coming out this tues. or next. wouldn't disney visa offer their code first as they did last year? for those of you who have used disney visa codes, did you receive them via the mail last year? i'm waiting by my mailbox as i'm hoping to go in early may & it appears the disney visa rate is less than the WDW room-only rate.

I heard about the Disney code on tv first. The bad news is that the Disney code had already been released by this time last year. :guilty:

All of us with the Disney Visa are not really happy campers this year.

I think those DV rates released last year were in reaction to the special deal they offered only to new card members and old card members were upset so they released something to keep people happy. Maybe we should all call asking where our deals are?

I've had this same experience attempting to call Disney Visa directly to ask about hotel discounts. The rep acted like she didn't know what I was talking about and that I had to call the hotel. The hotel said I had to call back Disney Visa. The only place I've found Visa discounts listed is on mousesavers (and through the Visa newsletter but it never had anything that applies to our vacation plans). I wish I could call Disney Visa directly about it but they don't seem to think they are the ones that would have that info! :earsboy:

I look on the Disney Visa website regularly to find the deals. You can find it here. You have to register for it. Just look for the drop down menu that includes "View current offers" and it will give you a listing of all the offers available at WDW, DL, DCL, Disney entertainment, and other offers.

Karen

How about everyone with a Disney Visa email them and ask about vacation discounts?

Okay, I just did. Come on, everyone.

Karen (aka TLinden16),

I have seen your comments and photos about Jellyrolls, and I have become very curious about it. I am going to have to get over there and see for myself! Also, you look just like my boss!

LSUDis said:
How about everyone with a Disney Visa email them and ask about vacation discounts?

!

Great minds think alike, I e-mailed them yesterday. We shall see what happens.

LSUDis said:

Okay, I just did. Come on, everyone.

Yeah, I'm up for that!!! What is there e-mail address? If someone were to post it, it may speed other people along so that they will do the same thing!! It is way overdue for the Disney Visa to offer us a vacation discount to WDW. I mean, it is the "Disney" card isn't it!!! :rolleyes:

But you are e-mailing the wrong people!

Bank One doesn't create the discounts! That's all done through WDW marketing! Bank One is simply the cobranding conduit, they make their money on the interest and merchant fees, Disney gets a cut and provides "offers".

Anne

I thought of that also but figure "maybe" if they get enough mail that they could get the ball rolling. One hand washes the other sort of thing. If marketing offers some discounts then bank one or first usa, whoever it is now will get their interest in return.
We can always hope for some pixie dust here. *******************

It seemed to do the trick last year, but I don't know if people only wrote Bank One or both WDW and Bank One.

Just sent my e-mail also!! So come one DIS'ers, lets band together and get us some vacation discounts with the Disney Visa card!! :goodvibes

I just e-mailed them too. Come on Disney Visa.....give us what we want. We're waiting... :hourglass

Chase bought out the Disney Visa right? Seems like I got a letter about that this week...perhaps it doesn't change over until March? I thought maybe Chase would offer some codes to us poor long suffering DV card holders (perhaps waiting until the change over?) to get us to keep their silly card. :earboy2: There's been zero offers for WDW for a very looooooooong time now..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter