Disney Visa chase card question.

tarheelalum

DIS Veteran
I just got the card. My offer was spend 500 dollars(?) and receive a 200 dollar Disney gift card. I was wondering, anyone who has had the same offer, how long did it take for them to send you the gift card?

My mom and I got the offer earlier this year.

Met the requirements the last week of March and had both gift cards (our deal was $200 gift card for spending $500 and $50 for adding an authorized user) by the first week of May (not sure exact timing, but we had them before we left for Tink weekend).

I really wouldn't expect this to be the norm. We were shocked how fast they came.

I got the card mid June and had my $200 gc the first week of August. I purposely paid the charges off asap to move the process along.

I just called chase and they told me that I would get a credit on my credit card in the next billing cycle so that is pretty fast. I use credit cards like cash and pay off the balance every month so I've done a lot of these offers over the years. Most cards usually make you wait until the end of the 3 month period. The guy told me since I signed up for the offer online that I would get a credit on my card credit, as opposed to a gift card if I had mailed the card application in. That kind of stinks but its free money in time for our trip at the end of September so I'm not complaining.

It isn't a credit on your card per se--it is a rewards amount that you will then transfer to a card they will mail you and you can use that rewards card like a Disney gift card. You can transfer the balance of your rewards at any time (even when you're in the park), but you do need to order your rewards card ahead of time.

Order a Disney Rewards Redemption card as soon as possible. I think there's a minimum you have to have to do it, $20 maybe. Once you have that card, it's reusable. They'll put the credit on the same card, usually. The newest one I got doesn't even have an expiration date on it.

Mine was indeed a credit on my bill and not a gift card or disney rewards redemption card. Kind of irritated me.

I got two physical Disney gift cards (not a credit on my bill) when I signed up. One for $50 for signing up and then the $200 one for spending 500. I got it very quickly after spending the 500, I would say within a couple of weeks. They are sitting on my desk anxiously awaiting use during my October trip!

Edited to say I signed up in April or May of 2016.

I just got the card. My offer was spend 500 dollars(?) and receive a 200 dollar Disney gift card. I was wondering, anyone who has had the same offer, how long did it take for them to send you the gift card?
They gave us a $200 credit on the following statement.

I just called chase and they told me that I would get a credit on my credit card in the next billing cycle so that is pretty fast. I use credit cards like cash and pay off the balance every month so I've done a lot of these offers over the years. Most cards usually make you wait until the end of the 3 month period. The guy told me since I signed up for the offer online that I would get a credit on my card credit, as opposed to a gift card if I had mailed the card application in. That kind of stinks but its free money in time for our trip at the end of September so I'm not complaining.

My mom signed up online (we never mail in credit card offers) and we were mailed the physical gift cards. We did not get a credit on our statement. I wonder if the person you spoke with mixed up the offers since a statement credit is the standard offer I've seen. The $200 gift card is targeted.

It isn't a credit on your card per se--it is a rewards amount that you will then transfer to a card they will mail you and you can use that rewards card like a Disney gift card. You can transfer the balance of your rewards at any time (even when you're in the park), but you do need to order your rewards card ahead of time.

My mom and I were auto sent our gift cards after we earned them with the $200 gift card for spending $500 plus $50 gift card for adding a registered user offers. We didn't have to request them and they never showed up in a reward balance.

It depends on the timing. The deals I've seen floating around right now are for a statement credit. Last year we signed up and got the $200 gift card. It took about a month for it to show up after I hit the spending requirement.

We did this earlier this year and I was surprised how fast the gift cards came. I think it was within a couple of weeks. I didn't even have to worry that they wouldn't come. It was so refreshing, to not have to follow up or ask when they would arrive

I'd prefer a gift card but not if I have wait weeks for it to show up. The Chase rep said I would receive the money in a balance credit on the card. But with all the different stories I'm hearing from you guys, I think I'll call back today to double check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter