• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Cardholders Free Dining 2012

In the wake of all the free dining talk, I have a question for all of you Disney World veterans.
I will be vacationing at Disney World for the first time this year and Le Cellier was going to be a must do for me. Can any of you give my your opinion of the other restaurants I am considering?
Table Service:
Le Cellier (I have heard bad things lately)
Captain's Grille
Chefs De France
Ohana
Teppan Edo
House of Blues
T-Rex (for my kids)
Boatwright's
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Quick Service:
Riverside Food Court
Pecos Bill
Sunshine Seasons
The Lunching Pad
Columbia Harbour House
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Puck Express
Flame Tree Barbeque
Thanks in advance to anyone that takes time to reply!!

:welcome: to the Disboards. You might want to copy and paste your post and post it on one of the restaurant boards. You will get the answers you are looking for there. Also, before you repost your question, read the "sticky" threads in the restaurant foums. There are lots of restaurant reviews to read.:thumbsup2

In the wake of all the free dining talk, I have a question for all of you Disney World veterans.
I will be vacationing at Disney World for the first time this year and Le Cellier was going to be a must do for me. Can any of you give my your opinion of the other restaurants I am considering?
Table Service:
Le Cellier (I have heard bad things lately)
Captain's Grille
Chefs De France
Ohana
Teppan Edo
House of Blues
T-Rex (for my kids)
Boatwright's
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Quick Service:
Riverside Food Court
Pecos Bill
Sunshine Seasons
The Lunching Pad
Columbia Harbour House
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Puck Express
Flame Tree Barbeque
Thanks in advance to anyone that takes time to reply!!

My favorites from your list:
Le Cellier (if you're on the din. plan go for lunch since it's only one dining credit)
Cape May Cafe
Teppan Edo
Le Chefs de France
Boma (AK lodge)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
50s Prime Time Cafe
CS
Flame Tree
Columbia Harbor House
Pecos Bills
Sunshine Seasons
Krinkla Bakeri (Norway)
ABC Commissary
Starring Rolls
Earl of Sandwich (great breakfast items too)
Wolfgang Puck Express
Raglan Road

It was stated in the Visa release that the offer will go public March 5th.:thumbsup2

http://www.mousemisers.com/2012/disney-free-dining-2012-for-disney-visa-cardholders/

It's all over the codes board since people have been stalking it there :rotfl:

I booked September 8-15 at POR for DH and I's first wedding anniversary trip!! :bride: I had absolutely no trouble getting the deal (I called at 9:30am). The CM knew about it. I just had to put the $200 deposit on the Disney Visa.
Thank you both for the info.

Just booked my trip at CSR for 9/29 - 10/6 with Free Dining. And the CM I spoke with said it was "wide open" at CSR. I AM SO EXCITED!!!:cool1:

Was hoping Free Dining would extend to October, but she said I could change my reservation any time up till 8/15 without penalty. So YEAH!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Table Service:
Le Cellier (I have heard bad things lately) - Not worthy of the raves it gets. Not the best steak I've ever had, in fact not even the best steak I've had in Disney
Captain's Grille - A good breakfast buffet and a worthwhile alternative to the Cafe May Cafe madness.
Chefs De France - You either love it or hate it. The waitstaff is very French. Don't expect warm fuzzies.[/COLOR]
Ohana - Not my idea of a relaxing meal. Some people rave about it but I'm not a big meat-eater. I thought that it was overcooked and lacking in seasoning.
Teppan Edo
House of Blues
T-Rex (for my kids)
Boatwright's
Chef Mickey's (breakfast) - Fun and fast-paced. The food is typical buffet stuff but it does allow you to get some good character interaction.
Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Quick Service:
Riverside Food Court
Pecos Bill
Sunshine Seasons - Love it for its variety. Hate it for the seating chaos. It is always crowded and with many tables in need of a good cleaning.
The Lunching Pad
Columbia Harbour House - Shhhh! This is a nice little secret in the Magic Kingdom. Don't let the rest of the world know what a nice little escape that this can be!
Earl of Sandwich -Don't let the long line discourage you. It moves very quickly. These sandwiches are huge! If paying OOP, don't forget that they offer a AAA discount.
Wolfgang Puck Express - Not your typical fast food. I like that they deliver it to your table.
Flame Tree Barbeque -It's hard to resist the pulled pork BBQ once you smell it. Finding a table can be a little hard because they are so spread out.

If I didn't leave a response, it's because I haven't eaten there recently. Hope this helps you decide where you want to eat.

I am a disney visa card holder, but received no notification of this deal. How do they normally communicate it? Via email or snail mail?

Funny because I am a Disney Visa holder and I never get notification from the credit card company. I usually see the post on here, or on another site that I am subscribed to like Mousesavers

Called Saturday and changed my existing res at the Pop from QS to free QS, then upgraded to Dining. Sunday morning got my email confirmation, that shows they charged me full price for Pop with Dining.....Huh? Called to learn that there are no more rooms for the DV Free QS deal. Wow really? How did this happen? I'm over at the CSR now, but really want to be at the Pop, my home away from home. Gonna call again first thing Monday hoping the general purpose offer will open up more rooms for us.

Called Saturday and changed my existing res at the Pop from QS to free QS, then upgraded to Dining. Sunday morning got my email confirmation, that shows they charged me full price for Pop with Dining.....Huh? Called to learn that there are no more rooms for the DV Free QS deal. Wow really? How did this happen? I'm over at the CSR now, but really want to be at the Pop, my home away from home. Gonna call again first thing Monday hoping the general purpose offer will open up more rooms for us.

Wow, out of rooms already. I can't believe that. So far I didn't see anything this morning about free dining opening for the public, but it is still early. Good luck!!

Wow, out of rooms already. I can't believe that. So far I didn't see anything this morning about free dining opening for the public, but it is still early. Good luck!!

It seems that Pop was never part of the free dining deal. No one on the resort codes thread has reported being able to get Pop. You can get the deal if you switch to one of the All Stars. So, I don't think that the rooms are sold out. They just were never offered. It seems Disney is only offering the free dining promo for room types that they have trouble selling.

And, the free dining is available to the public now. Head over to the resorts code threads and see what people are getting.

Maggie

It seems that Pop was never part of the free dining deal. No one on the resort codes thread has reported being able to get Pop. You can get the deal if you switch to one of the All Stars. So, I don't think that the rooms are sold out. They just were never offered. It seems Disney is only offering the free dining promo for room types that they have trouble selling.

And, the free dining is available to the public now. Head over to the resorts code threads and see what people are getting.

Maggie

They have added some Pop availability in the past few minutes! So run to the phone and switch back to Pop!

Maggie

I had to cancel my free dining for this april and specifically asked my travel agent to use my deposit to move/ rebook for free dining when it is available in august. I am just now reading this and I have not heard from her....too late for me? :sad1:
I just sent her an email asking her to book me if possible.

I had to cancel my free dining for this april and specifically asked my travel agent to use my deposit to move/ rebook for free dining when it is available in august. I am just now reading this and I have not heard from her....too late for me? :sad1:

The FD for Aug 25 - Sept 29, 2012 needs to be booked by May 18th. Being said, you should be good to go :)

Resort availability may be limited but you should find something..Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter