Disney Visa card?

Yes! I haven't had enough for the full ticket price, but I applied what I had. I use the card whenever I can! :)

Hi!

I have used the Disney Visa Card since Day 1....Have earned and used more than $600....it's GREAT!!!!

You get a debit card before your trip and the Money can be used for just about anything.

If you plan trips to Disney...GO FOR IT!!! It adds up quicker than you think.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your responses. I guess the question I really should ask, too, is whether you run into any restrictions or anything. I mean, if I earn X dollars, can I definitely use them for tickets at any time? I won't have to use them at a Disney Store or something specific?

I use to use the card but with other cards offering 1 1/2 - 2% cash back I had to stop using the card since it was not the best deal anymore.

shantay1008 said:
Thanks so much for your responses. I guess the question I really should ask, too, is whether you run into any restrictions or anything. I mean, if I earn X dollars, can I definitely use them for tickets at any time? I won't have to use them at a Disney Store or something specific?
You can use them just about everywhere at WDW. I used mine to pay for some meals on site, MVMCP tickets (ordered over the phone from home) and I had the balance applied to my room - we charged a few things back to the room.

Best wishes -

We love ours since we use it all year and when we go down have about $250-$300 in rewards to spend without really thinking about it. I know its not the best way to think about it since we could probably be earning more with a different card, but to me its like found money. It usually gets burned up in 1-2 trips to World of Disney (but at least I also save 10% there :cool1: ).

By the way, I need to give major kudos to the private meet and greet at Epcot benefit that the card offers. We had never done it before and just went last month. I thought it would be private as in only Disney card members would be allowed in. Instead, the Disney card members are lined up, but then you actually go in by yourselves (with your family) and get to spend a few minutes by yourself with the charachters. My kids absolutely loved having truly private time with Mickey and Goofy. And they throw in a free picture.

Finally, I just got my new one with the picture of Mickey, Goofy and Donald on it, and its nice that they can at least bring a little bit of a smile to my face every time I use the card.

It is a great card for the Disney fan. You get a reward card and can spend it anywhere in WDW, or all other Disney places. I am sure there are restrictions, but I have used it many times and have yet to run into one.

It also has some other cool benefits, like onboard credits with DCL, 6 months interest free on vacation reservations at WDW, and even some exclusive pins and collectables. It is the only card we use anymore

Last year I saved about 3/4 of my reward dollars and used them towards our ap's for a family of 5. Right now I have 400 dollars and have to renew by August so hopefully I will have about $1000 dollars to put towrd the $1500 in ap's. Its a great card but the % has gone up so sometimes I do transfer the balance to a 0% card. I did charge my maintanance fees on it, so I will see that reward next month.

Don't know about monthly payments (sorry!)...but I've always used my reward dollars to pay our annual fees. It works out really well for us. :thumbsup2

I have been a member since day one. I have used the rewards to pay annual dues, and throughout Disneyworld and Disneyland. Just make sure you use any amounts transferred before the expriation date of the reward card.

First of all...I have one and use it at Disney..the kids that travel with me sometimes... think its cool!! :teeth:

Lots of people use it for everything, including monthly mortgages..

PLEASE don't flame me...BUT....
..I need to spend "one hundred dollars" to get "one dollar" in rewards...
:scared1: :scared1:

Are YOU (Chase) NUTZ?? :laughing: ...just to have MM, Donald, Goofy, Castle, Bambi's picture on my cc??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Not to mention...the % rates??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nope... I'll get my 1:1 from my airline card and get "free" flights (mostly 1st class and haven't paid for a flight in many years) and with my Marriott, 1:1 or 3:1, depending where I stay when I travel.

Yep..I buy AP's with the DVC discount and meals with the DDE...still a good deal. :thumbsup2

senecabeach said:

Are YOU (Chase) NUTZ?? :laughing: ...just to have MM, Donald, Goofy, Castle, Bambi's picture on my cc??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

How high are the % rates? I've never even looked into getting a Disney Visa

We use are rewards on food costs when at the World.

senecabeach said:
First of all...I have one and use it at Disney..the kids that travel with me sometimes... think its cool!! :teeth:

Lots of people use it for everything, including monthly mortgages..

Nope... I'll get my 1:1 from my airline card and get "free" flights (mostly 1st class and haven't paid for a flight in many years) and with my Marriott, 1:1 or 3:1, depending where I stay when I travel.

Yep..I buy AP's with the DVC discount and meals with the DDE...still a good deal. :thumbsup2

I agree with you. I have it and it's cute, but I onyl used it for a low interest balance transfer. I have a card that gives 5% cash back at grocery stores, gas stations, and drug stores. 1% is a joke.

Well, percentage rates don't matter if you pay your bill in full every month, do they? In which case, no, I'm not nuts - we charge everything and then pay the bill when it comes. Had free tickets last trip and have another 400 points already. For us, it's been a good deal though I do agree that other cards have better rewards for things like groceries and gas.

I guess I was thinking of doing the Disney Visa because my editor brain likes the idea of having all my Disney stuff sort of self-contained. Do you know what I mean? DVC takes care of the rooms, my husband's way-too-frequent work travels help take care of airline tickets for (gasp) six of us, and now I could help pay for park tickets by using a Disney Visa. There's a sort of tidiness to it. If I used a Discover card, or whatever, I would probably feel compelled to use the rewards for food or something useful. But a Disney card would just HAVE to be used for Disney. It's only logical. ;)
Shannon

First, let me apologize for kind of highjacking this thread, but I didn't want to start another similar one.

Silly me, I signed up for the Disney Visa because I wanted the 6 months no interest to pay for our Disney Cruise as well as get the shipboard credit. I know that the interest rate is high, so after we pay off the cruise we will not charge very much on it.

So, my question is.....what's the deal with the rewards? How does it work is it 1:1? What other features do I get by having the card?

:confused3 I didn't look before I lept this time and now I am totally clueless.

I will slink away now ......

I use mine for business and rack up $350-$450 a year in DD's and have never had a restriction when using it. As to the APR, I have to pay my balance in full every month so it doesn't make any difference to me. I use the the DD's for food, golf, trinkets and even tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter