Disney Visa card benefits

cinderellanprince

Mouseketeer
Other than the $50 OBC if you pay for the cruise with the visa card and the opportunity to earn Disney Rewards Dollars--are there any other benefits that specifically benefit people taking a cruise? Also, do you know if you put the deposit down with a different credit card and PIF with the Disney Visa, will you still get the $50 OBC?

You also don't pay any interest on the Disney Visa for the cruise cost. We are cruising next April and I've put our room and my parents' room on my Disney Visa so that there's no interest plus I get all of the rewards points to put towards onboard costs.

We're paying for a big chunk of our cruise with our Disney Reward Dollars (you put it in as a Disney gift card on the DCL website). So I'm viewing that as a benefit.

I just checked on the Disney Chase Visa site and you need to be aware that the 0% financing is only for 6 months.
"Disney vacation package, Disney Cruise Line®, or Adventures by Disney vacation, you will receive 0% financing for 6 months for transactions from $101 up to $10,000".

According to my TA, you do not get the $50 OBC when booking with the Disney Visa IF you rebook onboard and get the 10% discount. Instead you get a $200 per room onboard credit. Apparently the credits cannot be combined.

You also don't pay any interest on the Disney Visa for the cruise cost. We are cruising next April and I've put our room and my parents' room on my Disney Visa so that there's no interest plus I get all of the rewards points to put towards onboard costs.

Only for six months FYI. And if you dont pay it off in that time they will charge you the interest for the entire amount for the entire six months! :scared1:

Only for six months FYI. And if you dont pay it off in that time they will charge you the interest for the entire amount for the entire six months! :scared1:

NO, NO, NO!
That is not true. The Disney Visa is no interest for 6 months THEN the interest starts on your remaining balance at your card rate.

Each charge on the Visa for the cruise is 6 months deferred. You can have multiple charges each with a different ending date for the promotional period.

I have a question. I paid our DCL deposit on our Disney Visa. If my CC bill is 2k and 1k of it is my deposit. If I send in a 1k payment will I owe interest on the other 1k? Would 1k still be interest free for 6 months?

NO, NO, NO!
That is not true. The Disney Visa is no interest for 6 months THEN the interest starts on your remaining balance at your card rate.

Each charge on the Visa for the cruise is 6 months deferred. You can have multiple charges each with a different ending date for the promotional period.

I hope you're right, but I feel certain I read this in my fine print at some point.

NO, NO, NO!

Yes. I put the cruise deposit on the Disney Visa, pay it off before the 6 months, make another payment towards the cruise paying it off before the 6 months. Each new payment toward the balance of your cruise starts another 6 months deferred interest.

I have a question. I paid our DCL deposit on our Disney Visa. If my CC bill is 2k and 1k of it is my deposit. If I send in a 1k payment will I owe interest on the other 1k? Would 1k still be interest free for 6 months?

Your payment will go to the higher interest items first. So it would go to your 1K in charges and then towards that deposit, as long as you are within that 6 month window.

NO, NO, NO!

She is correct, we put all our Disney trips on there, including the cruise and have had several different promotional ending dates at once, as well as true interest charges on there. They will always put your payment to interest bearing charges first (even if they haven't started earning interest) and then towards your promotional balance.

So, for example on our card right now is the balance from the our PIF last payment for cruise, plus the charges for a custom cake at the BC 2 weeks ago. If I didn't pay at least the value of that cake charge, I would get hit with interest on the remainder of that cake charge balance on my next statement. However, if I pay more, it pays off the cake first, and then towards the cruise balance and I won't see any interest charges at all on my next statement.

Yes. I put the cruise deposit on the Disney Visa, pay it off before the 6 months, make another payment towards the cruise paying it off before the 6 months. Each new payment toward the balance of your cruise starts another 6 months deferred interest.

This last part of the post has me totally confused. The date is printed on your statement for when the 6 months of no interest ends and it goes by the date you charge your Disney/DCL vacation. When you make a pay't towards that balance you don't start a new 6 month no interest period for the same charge, the end date of the no interest stays the same as when originally charged.

I just got the disney visa today and applied it to my deposit. I am going to use the disney visa to pay the rest also, but I only did the deposity today so I could transfer the reservation to dreams unlimited. Will I still get the no apr for 6 months and. $50 obc if I use the visa to pay the whole thing but do it in 2 payments? Thanks in advance for any help!

Has the $50 OBC promotion been extended for 2012 bookings yet? Last I heard the promo was only through 2011.

I just got the disney visa today and applied it to my deposit. I am going to use the disney visa to pay the rest also, but I only did the deposity today so I could transfer the reservation to dreams unlimited. Will I still get the no apr for 6 months and. $50 obc if I use the visa to pay the whole thing but do it in 2 payments? Thanks in advance for any help!

I merged your thread with the Disney Visa thread that is already posted. You can find the answers to your question by reading over this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter