Disney Visa 5X reward ?...

Hmm I definatly qualified in April and I didn't see any bonus rewards on my 6/12 statement. Should I call about it?

I would call. I probably should call to see WHY I got the bonus rewards already??? :confused3 Maybe mine was a fluke.

Ahhh, looking at the wording again:

"The bonus rewards will be reflected on your monthly credit card statement approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the month in which the transaction posts to your credit card statement and/or from the time you have enrolled in the program"

makes me think you might have missed it by a day or 2 and April's rewards would show up on your next statement. :confused3 (although they certainly give themselves lots of leeway, don't they? :headache:)

Bringing this back to life!! :rotfl2:

I just checked my 6/14 statement online and I have "bonus rewards" posted!! :) Since the promo is still on-going to the end of June, I'm guessing :-)confused:) that $14 is from April's purchases. I thought they'd wait until the promo period was over and post the bonus rewards all at once, but this works too!! :thumbsup2

It isn't much, but it's $14 more than I would have gotten otherwise! :rotfl:

I got my bonus points on my 6/15 statement. I was surprised I got them so quickly - mine were definitely earned in April. I was excited to see them!

My bonus rewards have already posted to my account. I was so excited to see that I had earned an extra $100. :cool1:

I don't remember what the terms or period of my offer was any more, but I got a $13 bonus posted on my May 24th statement. I wonder if that was for April's spending, or if I had the Jan-Feb-March one and that's all I got for that whole time. I guess I'll find out if I get any more bonus points on my next statement.

I don't remember what the terms or period of my offer was any more, but I got a $13 bonus posted on my May 24th statement. I wonder if that was for April's spending, or if I had the Jan-Feb-March one and that's all I got for that whole time. I guess I'll find out if I get any more bonus points on my next statement.

Would be nice if they would specify what time period the current "bonus" rewards on a statement covered. :rolleyes:

My bonus rewards have already posted to my account. I was so excited to see that I had earned an extra $100. :cool1:

WOW!! :thumbsup2 I think that was the maximum for this promotion. (I won't get anywhere near that! :laughing:)

I was concerned that the system didn't show me as enrolled because I wasn't seeing any mention of bonus rewards on my statement. After a call to customer service, I found out that the rewards would show up 6-8 weeks after the month in question.

After searching this - and other threads- regarding the 5 x disney promo, I took another posters advice and did a spreadsheet showing day, amount, and classification code according to my online statement. I find it odd that all my grocery purchases show up classed as "other". I do not have a single transaction classed as "grocery". Some of these stores are superstores (like Wal-Mart, Target, etc) but some of them are strictly grocery stores.

I was beginning to think I would need to buy my groceries only from stores that class their transactions as "grocery' to get credit for these purchases.

Does anyone else have this issue with 'grocery' purchases showing up only as 'other'?

I totally forgot until just reading this now that it was for Airline purchases too! I just put mjy SW Airfare for our trip on my card today!:cool1::cool1: Between that and the actual trip I will have lots of points. I usually don't spend $250/mo on gas, and we get most of our groceries at Aldi, where you can't use a CC, but I forgot about the air!!!!

Does anyone else have this issue with 'grocery' purchases showing up only as 'other'?
Most of my grocery purchases show up as "Other" and I still got bonus points. I don't drive and haven't bought any airline tickets, so I know the bonus came from grocery purchases.

This issue came up last time they ran this promo, and someone here called Chase and asked about it. If I recall correctly, they were told that even though it shows as "other" on our statements, their internal system shows it as grocery. Apparently there are lots of sub-categories under "other" that they see but we don't. :confused3

Bringing this back to life!! :rotfl2:

I just checked my 6/14 statement online and I have "bonus rewards" posted!! :) Since the promo is still on-going to the end of June, I'm guessing :-)confused:) that $14 is from April's purchases. I thought they'd wait until the promo period was over and post the bonus rewards all at once, but this works too!! :thumbsup2

It isn't much, but it's $14 more than I would have gotten otherwise! :rotfl:

I got my bonus points on my 6/15 statement. I was surprised I got them so quickly - mine were definitely earned in April. I was excited to see them!

My current statement shows bonus dollars too. Can anyone tell me: Are they just for the month of April and next statement I should see the ones for May? Or is that the total of all 3 months?

To answer some of my own question, I just went back and searched older posts and found that Superstores like Sam's, Wal-Mart, etc were excluded.

I can understand that, but I was concerned because every grocery store I purchased from also showed up as "other" (and there were at least 5 different 'true' grocery stores).

Thanks for the info

Hmm I definatly qualified in April and I didn't see any bonus rewards on my 6/12 statement. Should I call about it?

So I called about my rewards and the girl tells me It will take 6-8 weeks after the close of the promotion to post to my account (so 6-8 weeks after June 30th) Yeah I don't think so. So I told her I have friends who signed up for the same promotion and already earned their rewards dollars. She says they may have signed up earlier int the promotion etc. I signed up literally the day I got the mailer! Anywhoo I ask her if she can atleast verify that I am signed up and after being on hold for quite a while she comes back and says I never signed up. I KNOW I signed up. So she said she signed me up now and that any purchases I made from April will still earn the rewards dollars. They better cause I bought 1700 dollars worth of airfare in April! Has anyone else NOT had their rewards dollars post yet? If so what is your statement date? Mine is the 12th and others here are saying theirs was the 15th. I'm thinking that maybe my cutoff date was a few days too early to have shown my rewards? I'm having trouble believing I'm not signed up since I know I called and signed up. I even saved the flier and wrote down that I signed up on 4/1.

I received my offer in the mail today.... My amount is $750. What does dining include? McDonalds, Subway?

The way they do the rewards makes it very difficult to track that you are getting the total rewards owed you. I have been keeping a running record of all purchases for April, May, June, under the criteria listed.

I don't think airfare counts towards the promotional dollars...just regular reward dollars.

No, my promotion included airfare too.

Thanks everyone for clearing up the grocery/other situation. I guess any amount of bonus dollars I get will be a BONUS to my trip. :goodvibes

I just got one for 5x rewards for July, August and September on airfare, dining, groceries and gasoline on combined purchases over $250 a month.

No, my promotion included airfare too.

Thanks everyone for clearing up the grocery/other situation. I guess any amount of bonus dollars I get will be a BONUS to my trip. :goodvibes

Darn!!! And I just bought tickets with my Delta SkyMiles card.

I got one today.:cool1: Dining, groceries, gas and airline. Must spend $750.

Hey there, Starwood! :wave2:

OK, this is just plain weird!! :confused3 We had the offer for April-May-June for Groceries, Gas, Dining, Airlines (over $250) for both our Disney Visa accounts. I registered both, but only used one and rewards have already posted for April's spending.

So what came in today's mail? The exact same offer for July-August-September! And again, for both accounts, 5x the regular rate "for every eligible dollar you spend above $250 each month"!!

I don't understand why both accounts got 6 months of offer with such a low monthly base, but I'm not complaining!! :yay:

Finally got mine today! Of course, my limit is $1000. Wondering if it is because I haven't been using this card. Used to use it all the time, but switched for a rewards program that we would use in the next year. Not planning a trip for awhile.

Does anyone know how Meijer codes? It's a superstore, but wondered if they can come up at groceries, since it is the only place I shop. Hoping I don't have to go to Kroger!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter