Disney Vault Movies Being Released to Retail Chain?!

it was already available?

No, movies like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, 101 Dalmatians, Lion King, etc. are all currently locked up in the vault. People are reporting finding brand new anniversary copies new and sealed. It is definitely strange.

I am not sure how much truth there is too this but I heard rumors Disney was getting rid of the vault or at least decreasing the 7 year rule. In the uk they have started to release snow white and sleeping beauty again as movies. They are also bringing out beauty and the beast this year too or next making me think the vault is going to be a thing of the past?:confused3

A lot of times it isn't Disney especially stores like FYE. What will happen is say a small mom and pop store goes out of business FYE might but their stock. That stock includes Disney movies that were in the vault. Another way is they have massive warehouses. Stuff gets shuffled around and out of sync. Inventory counts happen and they find boxes of DVDs and Blurays.

The vault is just that Disney isn't manufacturing it any more. It doesn't mean you can't find it in stores still. I always have had luck finding in the vault movies at places like FYE.

Thanks for the heads-up! I was able to swing by a store and grab exactly what I've been looking for. Which was basically the blu-ray's of Robin Hood and The Sword in the Stone with the cardboard slipcovers. I found them both, used, but in perfect condition. they were also having a "Buy-two-get-the-third-for-a-dollar" sale, so I was able to get one of them for a dollar! I was having the hardest time finding them... even ebay was no help!

Thanks for the heads-up! I was able to swing by a store and grab exactly what I've been looking for. Which was basically the blu-ray's of Robin Hood and The Sword in the Stone with the cardboard slipcovers. I found them both, used, but in perfect condition. they were also having a "Buy-two-get-the-third-for-a-dollar" sale, so I was able to get one of them for a dollar! I was having the hardest time finding them... even ebay was no help!

Yeah no problem, wanted to share the news with the board. I stocked up on copies at my store!

The site updated with pictures and apparently for 3 strait weeks FYE has received new vault movies in every shipment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter