• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney value/ moderate resort question 5 people in max 4 room

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgilliam

Earning My Ears
So a friend of ours is looking to go to disney in Jan. (She asked me to post for her) Anyway they have 3 kids but are gonna to reserve a moderate or value disney resort and say they only have 2 kids. I told her this was not a good idea. She said she does this all the time at other hotels and it is fine. I just wondered what would happen if she did this. She is gonna buy her tickets seperate but even so would she only be able to get the 4 in early but not the 5th. I just wanna help her out so she doesnt get stuck. Also how closely do they monitor this. Thanks

Ok, so first, just not a good idea. Disney could ask them to leave the resort or book a more expensive room if they are found out.

Also, the un-registered guest could not participate in the dining plan, extra magic hours at the parks, or use Magical Express. Those are the 3 biggies I can think of.

If she books at Port Orleans Riverside, they have rooms that can have 5 people in the Alligator Bayou section. Also if one is under 3 I believe they can get away with 5.

So a friend of ours is looking to go to disney in Jan. (She asked me to post for her) Anyway they have 3 kids but are gonna to reserve a moderate or value disney resort and say they only have 2 kids. I told her this was not a good idea. She said she does this all the time at other hotels and it is fine. I just wondered what would happen if she did this. She is gonna buy her tickets seperate but even so would she only be able to get the 4 in early but not the 5th. I just wanna help her out so she doesnt get stuck. Also how closely do they monitor this. Thanks

Ok so we kind of did this in 07....I say kind of because we are a family of 5...We went with another couple who only had one child and stayed at Pop. We put one of my daughter's on my friend's room so she was there and technically in another room. Wasn't like we were cheating.

However....she ended up NOT wanting to stay in the room with my friend and ended up with us in that little bitty ole Pop room. It was really cramped! So glad we basically were at the parks the entire time. --I had planned ahead for this by bringing one of those blow up princess sleeping bag type beds.

My recommendation is to NOT try this due to no room really unless of course your friend books POR which will sleep 5. We saw housekeeping many times and they didn't even bat at eye at 5 in our room with that airbed.

Bad idea. Disney takes the fire code seriously, and they will not allow you to exceed the fire code occupancy limit for the room.

They're going to lose a couple of major advantages of staying on site. One member of their party will not be able to participate in Extra Magic Hours at the park - each person on the reservation gets a resort ID with their name on it, and everyone must show a resort ID to get access to EMH.

They'll also lose access to Magical Express, Disney's free transportation from the airport to their resort, for the same reason. If you're not on the reservation, you don't get a voucher, and you don't get on the bus.

And, as PPs have said, Disney is within their rights to require you to pay for an extra room, or require you to leave the resort.

They can book a family suite at All Star Music, which will allow up to 6 people on the reservation. Or, they can book a trundle bed room at POR, which allows up to 5. If it were me, I'd go for the room at POR that legally sleeps 5, since they're considering a moderate anyway. Why do all that sneaking around when they can just book a room that sleeps 5, and actually has sleeping spaces for 5?

How old is her youngest? If he's under 3 he doesn't count in the room occupancy numbers.

Suggest she stay at one of the trundle rooms at Port Orleans Riverside.

They legally accomodate 5 people. It's the cheapest on site option for a family of 5.

If she's already considering a moderate tell her to stay at POR she can have five in a room there.

I agree with others. I would not do it at Disney!

Yes, NOT a good idea to put more than 4 in a Value room (unless one is under 3). They could really get themselves in a difficult situation. I think they are more picky than other hotels about room occupancies at Disney.

If they are really keen on the Value resorts, another option would be two connecting rooms at any one of the value resorts. As a family of five, we did this at AMos last November and it worked really well. Of course a request for connecting rooms must me made at booking time. It is a bit more expensive, but we thought it was worth it as we got free dining. The Family Suites at ASmu look lovely but they seem to book up fast.

Just a recommendation.

She said she does this all the time at other hotels and it is fine. I just wondered what would happen if she did this.

So she steals from hotels all the time? Good lesson for the kids!

What else does she steal?

I believe the term for this is "Theft of Services"

Some legal jargon - who doesn't love legal jargon?!

849. Theft of Services; Class A misdemeanor or Class G felony
"Services" includes, but is not limited to, labor; professional service; public utility service; transportation service; ski-lift service; restaurant, hotel, motel, tourist cabin, rooming house and like accommodations; the supplying of equipment, tools, vehicles or trailers for temporary use; telephone, cellular telephone, telegraph, cable television or computer service; gas, electricity, water or steam; admission to entertainment, exhibitions, sporting events or other events; or other services for which a charge is made;

I've posted this story before, but will do so again. Several years we were at Pop Century when our neighbors got kicked out. We heard alot of yelling next door. I was just starting to go down to get my GD a sprite for an upset stomach and cracked the door to go out, but then decided to stay in our room until it was over. We saw two suit type CMs and two security types talking to the family next door. The dad was yelling that he paid to stay in that room and could have as many people as he wanted in there. The CM explained to him that five people were not allowed in any of their rooms due to fire codes. The CMs left shortly thereafter and in just a minute we heard the mom yelling at the dad, that she'd told him it wouldn't work. He started yelling at her to shut up. A little while later they left with all their stuff, slamming the door and still yelling at each other. I don't know if the manager offered them two rooms and they refused or if he just kicked them out, but I know they left. I felt really sorry for the kids though. I don't know how they found out about the extra kid in the room (mousekeeper maybe?):confused3 This was before Magic Express started, so several years ago.

There are a gazillion condos that will cost them less than a Disney moderate that would add maybe five minutes to their commute.

They'll get a room for mom and dad, a room (or two, if they want) for the kids, 2 full baths, a fully equipped kitchen, a living room, dining room, balcony or patio, and washer/dryer. You don't have to use all that, but it is all there.

It's a ton of room, which makes the vacation 1000x more relaxing.

It's better than cramming 5 people into the tiny Disney rooms and better than two rooms, too.

The condos are usually much nicer than the Disney hotels and some have more Disney stuff in them than the Disney rooms.

You can do sooooo much better than a Disney room...and pay less for it.

I have called two different All Star resorts and have been told I can just get a roll away bed for my 5th person for $16 a night.

I have called two different All Star resorts and have been told I can just get a roll away bed for my 5th person for $16 a night.

Not sure who you spoke with and at which "all star" resorts, but you can't book directly through a WDW hotel. Try calling WDW central reservations and see how far you get in booking 5 in a standard room at a WDW value.

Also good to mention, if that 5th person isn't on the room reservation, in addition to no room key, no magical express and no EMH, they also won't get FP+ reservation privileges 60 days prior to arrival. POR and CBR now have rooms for 5. Why not just stay there?

Disney is not like any other hotels. Disney hotels are priced higher than comparable rooms because they come with perks. MagicBands have enabled Disney to insure their room capacities are being followed. No she can not book 5 people in a value unless you book a suite.

There are 3 major perks to staying onsite. (1) Magical Express (2) Extra Magic Hours (3) FastPass+ at 60 days. She would not be able to do any of this for the 5th person. So basically she is not taking advantage of the three biggest perks exclusive to onsite guests.

Either pay for a moderate, CBR or POR with the extra bed OR stay offsite and save even more money.

I just noticed how old this thread is... But,

There are some budget motels in the US that really, truly don't care if you put an extra child in the room.

Disney cares very much.

You can do 5 in a standard room at the All Stars if the 5th is an infant under 3. Pretty sure that's the only exception.

Not sure who you spoke with and at which "all star" resorts, but you can't book directly through a WDW hotel. Try calling WDW central reservations and see how far you get in booking 5 in a standard room at a WDW value.

Also good to mention, if that 5th person isn't on the room reservation, in addition to no room key, no magical express and no EMH, they also won't get FP+ reservation privileges 60 days prior to arrival. POR and CBR now have rooms for 5. Why not just stay there?

I already have my reservations at All Star Music through Hotels.com. I called and spoke to someone at All Star Movies a few months ago and I called All Star Music yesterday. I flat out said, I have 5 people in a 4 person room. Can I just get a roll away bed or something? Both times, I was told absolutely! It's $16 a day.

Why not stay somewhere else? It's more than DOUBLE!

We are going in 18 days and have booked all 5 of our Fast Passes already as well. My point was you CAN do it. Yes I understand the limitations. All these posts are EXTREMELY negative saying you CAN'T, CAN'T, CAN'T. Do whatever works for your family. This will work for mine. There are OPTIONS, that's my point.

I already have my reservations at All Star Music through Hotels.com. I called and spoke to someone at All Star Movies a few months ago and I called All Star Music yesterday. I flat out said, I have 5 people in a 4 person room. Can I just get a roll away bed or something? Both times, I was told absolutely! It's $16 a day.

Why not stay somewhere else? It's more than DOUBLE!

We are going in 18 days and have booked all 5 of our Fast Passes already as well. My point was you CAN do it. Yes I understand the limitations. All these posts are EXTREMELY negative saying you CAN'T, CAN'T, CAN'T. Do whatever works for your family. This will work for mine. There are OPTIONS, that's my point.

When you "call the hotel" you are not actually speaking to the hotel, you are speaking to central reservations call center. They may or may not understand what you are saying. There are many rooms that allow 5 but don't have a 5th bed - that's not the same question or answer as "the max occupancy is four and I need to fit five."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter