Disney Vacation Club Rental Question - Studio?

nickapoohiluvu

Earning My Ears
Ok, we're 80 percent certain we're going to go to POR for next Christmas, but I'm intrigued about the possibility of a DVC point rental. A studio is a possibility, but I need to make sure each kidlet has a separate bed. One can crash on the sofa bed and the other needs a separate place to crash. Is there a choice of a daybed at any of the resort's with a studio or can I get a roll away? I'm liking the $663 cost for 6 days 5 nights hotel, but I need the separate sleeping arrangements.:wave2: TIA!

Sorry, all DVC studios have a queen bed plus a double sleeper sofa, except for OKW which has 2 queens. No daybeds. You could bring an air mattress.

We've only stayed there once (it has been probably 10 years) and had a 2 bedroom, but I believe that if you got a 1 bedroom instead of a stuido you may have 2 queens or double beds and then a pull out in the living room. I'd call down there and ask.

jcjen519 said:
We've only stayed there once (it has been probably 10 years) and had a 2 bedroom, but I believe that if you got a 1 bedroom instead of a stuido you may have 2 queens or double beds and then a pull out in the living room. I'd call down there and ask.

There's no such arrangement at any of the 1 bedrooms at WDW DVC resorts. All 1 bedroom villas have a king bed in the master bedroom, and a sofa bed, or a sofa bed and sleeper chair in the living room.

OP, you can bring an air mattress if you like, DVC resorts do not provide rollaways or any additional bedding. If you want to do this, OKW would be your best choice, as the studios are larger and have two queens, which will give you more floor space for the air mattress. All other DVC studios have a queen and a sofabed, and when the sofabed is open, there's little room to move around. The air mattress would need to go in the entrance hallway or the area by the kitchenette and bathroom.

I'd suggest that you consider a 1 bedroom at OKW, AKV, or BLT. You'll have a king in the master, and a sofabed and sleeper chair in the living room. Plus a full kitchen and washer/dryer. :)

Ok, we're 80 percent certain we're going to go to POR for next Christmas, but I'm intrigued about the possibility of a DVC point rental. A studio is a possibility, but I need to make sure each kidlet has a separate bed. One can crash on the sofa bed and the other needs a separate place to crash. Is there a choice of a daybed at any of the resort's with a studio or can I get a roll away? I'm liking the $663 cost for 6 days 5 nights hotel, but I need the separate sleeping arrangements.:wave2: TIA!

The only way to get separate beds for a boy and a girl is to book a one bedroom that sleeps five (you get one king bed, one queen sleeper sofa and one twin sized sleeper chair) or a two bedroom villa . And then you would have a king sized bed, at least one, maybe two queen sized beds and one queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room. If you only had one queen sized bed (in the second bedroom) you would also have a double sized sleeper sofa in that bedroom. Those normally sleep eight (with the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room, they sleep nine).

And when you say next Christmas, you mean Christmas 2013, right? It would be too late to book a Christmas stay with DVC points.

Our studio at BWV had a queen bed , double sleeper sofa and a small loveseat size sitting chair that in a pinch could handle a small child under the age of 6. I would expect that in most cases, kids just curled up in the chair to read.

Our studio at BWV had a queen bed , double sleeper sofa and a small loveseat size sitting chair that in a pinch could handle a small child under the age of 6. I would expect that in most cases, kids just curled up in the chair to read.

That is only found in some of the dedicated studios at BWV. You cannot request it. It used to be a booking category but people kept trying to put five in that studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter