Disney Vacation Club Financing?

mtakac

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the current rates are if you finance through Disney? Or could you point me to the right thread? Thanks!

Ours was @ 9.75%, 5yr term a couple of years back. I think they are still in that 10-11% range.

I am sure someone will chime in with the exact rate.

If you do purchase re-sale, TTS has a re-sale financing company they work with that offers similar rates.

You may want to look into (if it can work for you) a low rate credit card, if the rate is offered for the life of the balance it could save you... watch if it changes after several months or a year, then it could end up costing yuo a lot more.

You may want to look into (if it can work for you) a low rate credit card, if the rate is offered for the life of the balance it could save you... watch if it changes after several months or a year, then it could end up costing yuo a lot more.

I was going to suggest the same. I got mine on a credit card at 5.99% for the life of the balance. I have seen people post that they got it for 0% on their Disney card?!? I couldn't do that. I did have to pay a $75 fee because it was using the cc checks. I also had to take that cc out of my collection so I do not put anything else on it. Once you do, the new charge is at a higher % interest than the original offer and will get paid last- that could cost you.

Thanks for the info. I did find the thread about the resale rates. I could definitely do better with a credit card but I don't think the interest would be deductable on my taxes. Is that correct? Although, even with a deduction on taxes depending on the credit card rate it might still be better with a credit card than financing it. I'm just thinking out loud now and have to crunch the numbers.

When we went back in October, it was around 10.75% for a 10yr. I just bought a resale this week from TTS and Benchmark was offering 9.96 on a 3-5yr, 10.96 on a 7-10yr.

As far as I know, CC interest for this purpose would not be deductible. Property taxes still would.

-Kat

I was going to suggest the same. I got mine on a credit card at 5.99% for the life of the balance. I have seen people post that they got it for 0% on their Disney card?!? I couldn't do that. I did have to pay a $75 fee because it was using the cc checks. I also had to take that cc out of my collection so I do not put anything else on it. Once you do, the new charge is at a higher % interest than the original offer and will get paid last- that could cost you.

I am putting 9300.00 on the credit card, and then when the bill comes, I'm paying it off with a line of credit home equity check and keeping the reward points.

I am putting 9300.00 on the credit card, and then when the bill comes, I'm paying it off with a line of credit home equity check and keeping the reward points.

sorry, this is off topic, but i am looking for a new credit card. which one would you recommend that has good reward points? thanks!

sorry, this is off topic, but i am looking for a new credit card. which one would you recommend that has good reward points? thanks!

As a Disney fan, you might want the Disney Visa from Chase. You earn 1% in Disney rewards that you can use at the parks, in stores or online. The regular APR isn't great but if you pay it off each month like I do it's a nice perk. I think I recently earned 2% for groceries for a short period but that's that first time they every offerred any bonus in the 3+ years that I had it.

Discover's is also 1% but they offer 5% bonus every couple months on a different popular catagory. Right now it's travel - hotels, airfare, etc. Once it was auto - gas, repairs or groceries. In addition, you can redeem your rewards for the cashback amount or increase (up to double) by choosing a reward from one of their "partners." It's one of the better deals out there IF you would actually use one of their partners. I always choose to cash in my $20 reward for a $25 Bed Bath and Beyond gift card because I shop there a lot.

Keep in mind the 10% rate from Disney is their preferred credit rate. It can be as high as 14% or so. I don't know the credit score cutoff.

-D

My favorite card is the American Express 1-2-3 card that you can get at Costco. You always get 1% back on regular purchases, 2% back on travel, and 3% back on eating out. I'm a balance payer though.

I just checked today with my guide, the rates are now 10.75% for any term of loan. They will ammortize up to ten years if you wish. In '04, when we purchased @ SSR, it was 9.75% up to 5 years, and 10.75 for any term greater than 5 years, up to a max of 10 years.

I will concur with what Family Guy said...

I just made my Add-On purchase and my gude is working on my down payment as we speak... Welcome home for the 3rd time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter