Disney Vacation Accounts funds availability

tmcelmurry

Earning My Ears
Because of a last minute change in our trips ticket situation, I am needing to purchase 2 additional tickets by tomorrow due to our 30 day FastPass date coming tomorrow night (11/27).

I've seen that if you purchase tickets from Disneyworld.com and have them mailed to you, they will still be linked to your MDE account instantly. My idea was to purchase some Disney gift cards today and create a Disney Vacation Account so they could be combined. I would enter in 5 today and 5 tomorrow and then use the Account tomorrow to pay for most of the tickets cost.

Would this plan work or would there be a delay in accessing the funds or tickets that I’m not aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Why bother with the Disney Vacation Account? Just buy the tickets without the account.

(For that matter, unless you can get the Disney Gift Cards for less than actual value, there's no need to buy those either. Just use your CC on Disney's site)

Its because I can get them for 5 percent off. I'm trying to save whatever I could on this last minute issue. Not a big deal if it wouldn't work though.

I wouldn't chance it. There could be a delay in getting the account number you need to access the funds. It's not designed to be accessed that quickly.

Instead I would buy the GC and then call in and use them to purchase the tickets on the phone. I believe you should still be able to get the numbers you need to enter them on MDE.

I wouldn't chance it. There could be a delay in getting the account number you need to access the funds. It's not designed to be accessed that quickly.

Instead I would buy the GC and then call in and use them to purchase the tickets on the phone. I believe you should still be able to get the numbers you need to enter them on MDE.

Can they do multiple (10 or so) gift cards over the phone at one time? That would be very helpful since I haven't even thought of that.

Having just used MDE to purchase tickets last night, I can tell you that one of the payment options is a Disney Gift Card, so no need for Vcation Account account.

Can they do multiple (10 or so) gift cards over the phone at one time? That would be very helpful since I haven't even thought of that.
Yes, they can take several cards as payment on the phone. The question to be sure to ask is can you get the tickets linked to your MDE in time to make your FP reservations. I know if you purchase online they are linked. I think you can get them linked purchasing on the phone but have not physically done it myself.

Having just used MDE to purchase tickets last night, I can tell you that one of the payment options is a Disney Gift Card, so no need for Vcation Account account.

They can but I do not think it can take multiple cards as payment for 1 item, like 10 $25 cards to pay for a park ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter