Disney Vacation Account?

I thought I had posted this on Friday. I did call and after 20 minutes on hold the initial rep told me that my cards were processed on the 14th. He could not tell me the amount or if they has shipped. When I pressed he stumbled around saying that what I was asking was info another department had, that his department was only to help pay for a customers vacation with the account. I asked for a supervisor and talked to a real nice lady who confirmed with the shipping department that my bonus had been mailed on the 14th, and confirmed the dollar amount. She could not explain why I had not received email confirmation - I'm an IT guy and check my spam filter daily. I will have to wait and see.

My "Bonus" card came today - for the amount that matches the 2% I spend on the cruise - including setting the remaining $650 on an Onboard Credit. So, while the lack of communication was frustrating to no end - it's all done on my end, and to my satisfaction.

Anyone know, can you use an American Express Gift Card to add funds to your DVA? Technically it's a Credit Card...

That what I was thinking...build balances to $1,000 then use on DVA.

But it's the same entering the gift cards - you still have to enter the numbers from 150 cards, just on different web sites. I've just been putting them right on the DVA and it hasn't been terrible... :surfweb:

Okay, so I found a way to get $1400 in Amex 'Rewards' i can only get them in an Amex Gift Card but have been thinking of how I can make $1400 worth more (essentially making something FREE, even more FREE:)

Because I don't have a RED Card (and really don't like applying for unneeded credit) I know I can use AMEX through Sam's ONLINE and purchase the Discounted Gift Cards and make that $1400 into $1468, but you guys are creative can you see a better way to make more of my 'free' money:)

Okay, so I found a way to get $1400 in Amex 'Rewards' i can only get them in an Amex Gift Card but have been thinking of how I can make $1400 worth more (essentially making something FREE, even more FREE:)

Because I don't have a RED Card (and really don't like applying for unneeded credit) I know I can use AMEX through Sam's ONLINE and purchase the Discounted Gift Cards and make that $1400 into $1468, but you guys are creative can you see a better way to make more of my 'free' money:)

wait what? I can use my Amex card on sam's club to buy them disney cards? What Amex promo are you seeing? Is it only on a specific amex card? I's gots a Delta Skymiles card I need to look into then :)

You could just get the debit card if you don't want to apply for credit it still gives you the 5%

wait what? I can use my Amex card on sam's club to buy them disney cards? What Amex promo are you seeing? Is it only on a specific amex card? I's gots a Delta Skymiles card I need to look into then :)

No promo, I have rewards on my amex i can convert to a gift card then use that to buy the discounted Sam's Disney Gift Cards - $142.98 per card pack but the face value is $150. It's a 4.68% savings but ONLINE you can use Visa, MC, Disc, Amex.

You could just get the debit card if you don't want to apply for credit it still gives you the 5%

That's what I have, the debit card. Works the same. I thought if I got the cc it would be dangerous :P Especially since I go in there planning to get $20 worth of things and always end up spending $65 or more.

39 days from sailing and I STILL haven't received my gift card :mad:
Did you use your real vacation date? I have requested two bonus cards Since March 20th and received each within 10 days. I just put a date within the next 3-4 weeks as my vacation date and the cards ship within a few days.

Hi.. So I've been reading this and am a little confused and fascinated..

If I'm understanding correctly-

I can open up a "vacations savings account" with Disney.. Put in $10 and then 75 days before my trip I can put in $9k and receive $180 back in the form of a gift card?
I didn't even know something like this existed!!
Can we do it if we've already booked the vacation?

Hi.. So I've been reading this and am a little confused and fascinated..

If I'm understanding correctly-

I can open up a "vacations savings account" with Disney.. Put in $10 and then 75 days before my trip I can put in $9k and receive $180 back in the form of a gift card?
I didn't even know something like this existed!!
Can we do it if we've already booked the vacation?

The only key is that the account must be open for 120 days. So yes, 120 days from the time you want to PIF, you open an account and put a minimal dollar amount in it. Then some time before your PIF date you load it up fully. Then you call and pay your cruise, then you submit your request for your bonus card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter