• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation Account

Not to hijack, but can you use this to save to buy annual passes?

Not to hijack, but can you use this to save to buy annual passes?
Only if purchasing in advance (on-line or by calling). You can't use the DVA at a park ticket window or guest relations location to purchase park admission.

You can always refund the entire account, too. I got worried about it last year and ended up refunding everything and just using my original gift cards on our vacation.

I requested a full refund over 10 days ago expecting that that was enough time to get all of my money refunded back to my gift cards. I have used the account for other things and it has worked well, but then I saw we couldn't use it once we got down there. We will be at Disney tomorrow! It still isn't showing anything on my cards, and I got the email from them awhile back saying they got my request. How long did it take to get the money back onto your gift cards?

I did just try to call and the DVA Cast Member told me she couldn't really do anything and to send another email (this will be my second since the request), but this time mark it urgent. The email submission form says they will respond within 10 days, which I told the cast member. She says marking it "URGENT" could make a difference, but she didn't sound too confident. We shall see. She said the refund should have been made in this amount of time.

The official DVA terms have always said that you can use the DVA for dues or to purchase points.

That said, there currently isn't a process in place to prevent you from using the DVA to pay your dues as long as you tell them you are paying with a Disney Gift Card. If you tell them you are paying with the DVA, they will most likely say no.
really...Ijnust went through the FAQ and it says you cant use DVA to do anything DVC related??

I did just try to call and the DVA Cast Member told me she couldn't really do anything and to send another email (this will be my second since the request), but this time mark it urgent. The email submission form says they will respond within 10 days, which I told the cast member. She says marking it "URGENT" could make a difference, but she didn't sound too confident. We shall see. She said the refund should have been made in this amount of time.

did you ever get your refund? I would think they could issue it all on one new card, can they do that at the WDW travel office in downtown Disney I wonder

I am at Disney right now having the time of my life, but still no refund from the DVA. Haven't even received an email from them yet. I'll be here a few more days and will keep checking.

Heading to Magic Kingdom!
did you ever get your refund? I would think they could issue it all on one new card, can they do that at the WDW travel office in downtown Disney I wonder

I am at Disney right now having the time of my life, but still no refund from the DVA. Haven't even received an email from them yet. I'll be here a few more days and will keep checking.

Heading to Magic Kingdom!

OK I just got the email back from them saying they will mail tomorrow USPS....yeah

Just wanted to update for anyone curious or following this thread about DVA. I am home now, but after not hearing back after emailing, I finally called again while I was still at Disney World. It was 3 days before we were due to check out. This time, the cast member I spoke to was ABOVE and BEYOND helpful. I explained the entire situation and she said they would refund the full amount split between three of my cards that I had with me. I read off numbers for 3 gift cards I had and by the next morning, I had my entire amount refunded and was able to use that to pay for my room charges. She was so apologetic and so happy that she had made my day. It seemed rather easy, so I don't know why there was such the hold up before, or why the first cast member I spoke to before I left acted as though the only way to get anything done was by emailing. Anyway, I will continue to use the Disney Vacation Account because it is an easy way to put a bunch of little gift cards together and I did get $80 bonus gift card as well. I will just make sure that I give myself way more time before we leave to request a refund to pay for charges while we are there.

Yes, you can use it to purchase an AP if you do it on line at least, as I recently have. You can utilize your DVA account like a gift card. By using your account number and a special added number the system sees your DVA as a disney gift card. It works great. Sometimes people aren't aware of what the system can actually do.

Sometime the extra work and frustration takes away from any savings one may experience using gift cards or vacation accounts.

I have found it very easy to open up my own vacation savings account at my bank, buy everything Disney with my Disney rewards card, use the vacation account money to pay off the card.

:earsboy: Bill

Just tried to use and was told you can NOT use DVA to purchase an AP, had them put a supervisor on and he confirmed you can not use for AP, of course that was my reason for starting it, oh well!!!
They are incorrect. The DVA can be used to pre-purchase park admission. If they tell you otherwise, simply tell them you are paying with a Disney Gift Card and then give them your DVA account number.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter