• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation Account.. Success!!

No shipping fee, and I requested a single card. I could've requested multiple cards (totaling $1,000, of course!) if I wanted to.

The other thread is incorrect. Since the cards are created from the cash-out request, I could request any amount, dollars and cents, up to $1,000.

Wow nice, much better then the old rule ($500 once per account).

Now if Disney just took a page from Target and let you combine GCs up to $1000 right on the website, I'd be jumping for joy!

Wow nice, much better then the old rule ($500 once per account).

Now if Disney just took a page from Target and let you combine GCs up to $1000 right on the website, I'd be jumping for joy!

Do you mean to combine onto an already existing card?

Do you mean to combine onto an already existing card?

Yes. Target allows you to combine GCs together onto any one of the GCs you have, up to $1000 can be on any one GC.

You can do that either through their phone app, or mobile website (which you can also get to from any desktop browser) http://m.target.com/

I'm surprised, and not surprised more places don't allow this. It would be simple to do, but I'm pretty sure the whole GC market is based on people forgetting to use, losing, or not wanting GCs they have or were given as gifts, so there really is little incentive for them to make it easier for you use them.

I can also confirm now that I consolidated $1,000 in (discounted) GCs and then requested a "cash out" for the same amount on one GC. This will be a lot easier to travel with rather than lugging 20 $50 cards around. Since I'll be staying offsite this time, I won't be able to charge to the room. You can request up to $1,000 in GCs every 90 days, according to current rules. Make sure to take a photo of the back of your GC in case it's lost, as they can be replaced as soon as they're reported missing.

I also just paid my Poly DVC dues from my DVA, and that worked too. I'll be getting another $20 GC soon through their current promotion. Which I can load back to my DVA.
When you say that you requested a "cash out", do you mean a refund and not a "purchase" of a gift card? It looks like the threads that mention being restricted to only $100 denominations were people who called the DVA number to purchase GCs. But there's an option to request a refund that can be handled online and it looks like you can tell them that you no longer have the GCs that you used for funding the account so that they issue the funds on a single GC. Which did you do?

When you say that you requested a "cash out", do you mean a refund and not a "purchase" of a gift card? It looks like the threads that mention being restricted to only $100 denominations were people who called the DVA number to purchase GCs. But there's an option to request a refund that can be handled online and it looks like you can tell them that you no longer have the GCs that you used for funding the account so that they issue the funds on a single GC. Which did you do?

I did do this as a "cash out" (their terms), and I called rather than do the online process. Maybe the online request route would've been more efficient? I'll try it that way in 90 days.

Can you use the DVA to pay for the DDP on a DVC reservation?

Does the DVC reservation have to be in your name to use the DVA to pay for DDP?

And can the DVA be used to purchase discounted DVC AP/PAP?

I saw this on the Disney Vacation Account site:

"You'll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account prior to December 31, 2017 (date subject to extension), up to a total $500 in Disney Gift Card(s) per household. Your Disney Vacation Account must be active for a minimum of 120 days at the time of spending in order to receive this bonus. Request your Disney Gift Card(s) 4-6 weeks in advance of your vacation date to allow time for delivery to your mailing address. See FAQs for complete details."

So basically if I opened an account today, I wouldn't be eligible for the $20 gift cards because I will have to pay my dues now? It still might be worth it though if I could type in my own gift cards instead of faxing in a copy. Plus, it would save Member Accounting time.
So this means its not up to $500 back per year right? Just up to a max $500 per account/household?

Can you use the DVA to pay for the DDP on a DVC reservation?
Yes, but it must be done by phone. You should also tell the CM you are paying with a Disney Gift Card as many CMs are still unaware of what the DVA is.
Does the DVC reservation have to be in your name to use the DVA to pay for DDP?
This could be an issue. The person who has the DVA is not supposed to (per the program rules) give out the account number to a non-Disney 3rd party. So, either the DVA would need to be in the name of the member or it would require a three way call.
And can the DVA be used to purchase discounted DVC AP/PAP?
Only if pre-purchased in advance. The ticket windows & guest relations locations at WDW are unable to process transactions using the DVA (even if processed as a Gift Card).

So this means its not up to $500 back per year right? Just up to a max $500 per account/household?

That's correct, max $500 per account. Which means after spending $25,000 on prepaid Disney vacation expenses

Just wanted to share that I was able to pay off dues for my add-on today. Still works :thumbsup2

Does anybody know if you can pay your member dues via DVA if they are "past due"? I am a new member and am paying my first year dues which were technically due in February so they are past due. Can I still use my DVA account to pay the balance?

Don't see why not? You are technically giving them a number that is the same as a Disney Gift Card. I am sure they would rather have that than a credit card which would have fees tacked on....

Last edited:
Don't see why not? You are technically giving them a number that is the same as a Disney Gift Card. I am sure they would rather have that then a credit card which would have fees tacked on....
Right, but I thought I read somewhere that you can't pay via gift card for monthly payments or if you are past due, only for your yearly annual dues in February. Wondering if this is correct...

Does anybody know if you can pay your member dues via DVA if they are "past due"? I am a new member and am paying my first year dues which were technically due in February so they are past due. Can I still use my DVA account to pay the balance?
If you recently purchased direct, your dues are not late until after the date that will be on the statement you will receive in the mail.

From the DVA FAQs:
Can I apply my Disney Vacation Account toward a Disney Vacation Club Membership?
No, Disney Vacation Club Real Estate interests cannot be purchased with the Disney Vacation Account.

Can I apply my Disney Vacation Account toward the Annual Dues for my Disney Vacation Club Membership?
No, your Annual Dues cannot be paid using your Disney Vacation Account.

That said, if you tell them you are paying with a Disney Gift Card and then give them the DVA Account Number, they won't know the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter