• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation Account - Site Down?

I have been trying for days to add money and I still receive the same website down for maintenance message. Oh well.

Me too! Has anyone talked with them? I'm getting the same "System Unavailable" message.

Jodie
I have been trying for days to add money and I still receive the same website down for maintenance message. Oh well.
I know that you get $20 for every $1000 in qualified purchases that you spend from this account, but I have to ask this.

With all of the glitches over the past two weeks (the zero'd out GCs, the duplicate and unauthorized auto-deposits, and now a week-long non-functioning website), why in heaven's name would you even think of adding more money to this program?

Why? Because a.) I was not affected by the double-dip since I authorize contributions when I'm ready, and b.) while the web site is not functioning, the actual account is functioning on the reservation/payment side. I've had issues with major bank web sites as well and that doesn't stop me from banking. This appears to be human error after Disney performed an upgrade causing the upgraded system to run the debit process for a second time. It didn't affect me, but I understand the issue.

I'm not attempting to dissuade your opinion, but the problems are not with "adding" money to or applying money from the account.

I guess you need to both trust and excuse technology at the same time. I personally don't think it was a technology issue, but a human issue. Disney has handled this very poorly. I have not received one communication from Disney regarding this problem. There are alternatives to using the Disney Vacation Account such as Holiday/vacation clubs at your local credit union. I think the Disney Vacation Account has a few perks which makes it slightly more attractive and easier to use than those other options (barring the current issues).

Just my opinion on this very embarrassing issue for Disney. They must be so embarrassed, they can't even make an official statement or even blast an email out to every subscriber outlining a.) what happened, b.) explaining how they will have everything working, and c.) at what time everything will be restored.

Why? Because a.) I was not affected by the double-dip since I authorize contributions when I'm ready, and b.) while the web site is not functioning, the actual account is functioning on the reservation/payment side. I've had issues with major bank web sites as well and that doesn't stop me from banking. This appears to be human error after Disney performed an upgrade causing the upgraded system to run the debit process for a second time. It didn't affect me, but I understand the issue.

I'm not attempting to dissuade your opinion, but the problems are not with "adding" money to or applying money from the account.

I guess you need to both trust and excuse technology at the same time. I personally don't think it was a technology issue, but a human issue. Disney has handled this very poorly. I have not received one communication from Disney regarding this problem. There are alternatives to using the Disney Vacation Account such as Holiday/vacation clubs at your local credit union. I think the Disney Vacation Account has a few perks which makes it slightly more attractive and easier to use than those other options (barring the current issues).

Just my opinion on this very embarrassing issue for Disney. They must be so embarrassed, they can't even make an official statement or even blast an email out to every subscriber outlining a.) what happened, b.) explaining how they will have everything working, and c.) at what time everything will be restored.
I look as it, not as "I was unaffected, so the problems don't matter to me". I regard it more as "they have screwed up in so many ways, what's next? And will it have an impact on me the next time?"

Like you, I have not done auto-deposits and I've only used GCs to fund my DVA. I took the time to make sure that I had a copy of my account number right after opening the account and even printed out the terms and conditions for future reference.

There are a lot of people who cannot even access their accounts in order to use their funds because they don't have their full account number (the first 12 digits come in an email, the final 4 are visible on the website). And while I acknowledge that there is a level of personal responsibility for not taking that precaution, it is too late for those people to even acquire that information so that they can use their accounts to make deposits on a trip or pay for their vacation if they are at the 45-day mark.

The problems matter to me if this turns out to be something systemic (e.g. not related to this 2-week upgrade nonsense). I too have everything printed and I do understand that some people have no idea that they did not record their account number and have no access.

It is definitely a problem for Disney and the viability of the DVA and the sanity of the account holders. I want answers that satisfy both my curiosity and due diligence. Once Disney fixes the issue and makes known the root issue I can decide whether I would continue to use this account. At the current point, I do not have any personal reason to stop using the DVA; but, that could change as this problem deteriorates.

It looks like the website might be up. I was able to log in while using Chrome. Requested my bonus GCs and a full refund of my balance. I didn't close the account just as a precaution (who knows if they will really send the bonus GCs or my refund?).

Good luck accessing your accounts everyone.

I got in for about 30 seconds and verified my balance then it kicked me out and won't let me access the site any more.

Last edited:
Think DVA site is being very contrary. It let me log in, request my account number email. I then put in a request for my bonus card amount. I logged out of DVA & went and paid for my vaca on the main Disney website. Not sure what the heck's going on with it because I can't get back on DVA now. I don't need to log in to do anything but figured I'd try. I'm wary to use this method of saving again unless there's a good explanation as to what's happened. After reading this thread I'm so sorry that people have had too much money withdrawn, I guess that didn't happen to me because I used only gift cards?

I was able to log in briefly and verify that I did receive credit for a giftcard they had drained and not credited my account for a couple days ago when the site was up briefly. Then the site kicked me out and it is now down for maintenance again.

They finally updated the message to say extended period of time...

Website Down for Maintenance
The Disney Vacation Account website is currently experiencing an extended downtime. We are working diligently to make the website available for you as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Hi All I have an account as well and this is the email I received from Disney. Hope it helps... They did refund the money that was taken out and sent an email for that as well. But I still can't access the site. Can you still continue to pay towards you vacation using the vacation account?

Dear XXX,

We discovered that the credit/debit card used for your Disney Vacation Account was charged on the wrong day. We have resolved the technical issue that caused the error and are in the process of refunding the charge.

Any automatic contributions scheduled between June 16th and June 20th will not be processed. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 407-939-7734. We are open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST on Saturday and Sunday.

We look forward to your upcoming visit!

Thank you for participating in the Disney Vacation Account program.

Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc.
1375 Buena Vista Drive
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 33830
You may obtain a full refund of your Disney Vacation Account at any time.

DO NOT REPLY - this email was sent from an unmonitored account.

The website is back up again (at least for now).

I strongly advise getting your account number NOW, and keeping it in a safe spot with your other banking information. You cannot get your account number without using the website.

Just out of curiosity-everyone was able to use their funds during the website outage correct? I mean as long as they had the number-just wanted to verify that nobody had an issue actually accessing their money

Did anyone else receive this email from DVA?

DVA_Logo.png

Dear John,

We are very sorry for recent difficulties accessing your Disney Vacation Account.

The Disney Vacation Account website is currently experiencing a longer than expected downtime. We are working diligently to make the website available for you as quickly as possible. We will contact you again when DisneyVacationAccount.com is back online.

If you have additional questions, please call 407-939-7734.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

1375 Buena Vista Drive
PO Box 10000

04howitworks.gif

view

Did anyone else receive this email from DVA?

DVA_Logo.png

Dear John,

We are very sorry for recent difficulties accessing your Disney Vacation Account.

The Disney Vacation Account website is currently experiencing a longer than expected downtime. We are working diligently to make the website available for you as quickly as possible. We will contact you again when DisneyVacationAccount.com is back online.

If you have additional questions, please call 407-939-7734.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

1375 Buena Vista Drive
PO Box 10000

04howitworks.gif

view
Mine didn't say Dear John, but yes:)

Just out of curiosity-everyone was able to use their funds during the website outage correct? I mean as long as they had the number-just wanted to verify that nobody had an issue actually accessing their money
I was able to add the account number during the checkout process online and it showed the correct balance. I wasn't interested in actually completing the purchase, so I didn't go any further to see if it would go through.

There were a poster on the TPAS board who managed to log in during one of those brief periods when the website was up, got her account number info and then went on to make a deposit on a vacation package. I believe that it went through without a problem once she had her account number.

I've received numerous emails...mainly telling me what went through and what didn't (remember, I was hacked the same week as this all went down, so it was a bit crazy) and I also received this most recent one today...will wait it out and will see what happens...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter