Disney Vacation Account - Site Down?

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
All day yesterday and then again this morning, I tried to go to the DVA site and it keeps saying it's down for maintenance. How long does maintenance usually take?

Yup still down. I want to check it because a contribution was made on a non scheduled day.

Yup still down. I want to check it because a contribution was made on a non scheduled day.

I had the same thing happen to me! That's what prompted me to check. It was not only on a non scheduled day, it was on old amount.

The site was up yesterday afternoon for a few hours, but I wasn't able to open an account.

The CC I was using for contributions was stolen and used at WDW on May 3rd (wish I had been the one doing it). Now have a new CC number and went to update it on the site after they said my contribution "failed" I am wondering now if the site was hacked and that is why it has been down for so long.

I think they should have emailed everyone with an account and let us know what the deal is. I'm not terribly worried, but I do have $1,250 sitting in there (hopefully) with no access to it. Disney has some crappy IT products.

I think they should have emailed everyone with an account and let us know what the deal is. I'm not terribly worried, but I do have $1,250 sitting in there (hopefully) with no access to it. Disney has some crappy IT products.
I checked my balance by adding some tickets to my card and then going up to the point of paying. Then I added my DVA account number as a form of payment. The Disney website was able to retrieve my account information and it displayed my balance. Thankfully, it was exactly what it was when I last logged into the account.

If you're worried about the balance in your account (and your access to those funds), you might want to give this a try. It certainly looked like I would have been able to complete the purchase by using the DVA if I was inclined to do it.

The CC I was using for contributions was stolen and used at WDW on May 3rd (wish I had been the one doing it). Now have a new CC number and went to update it on the site after they said my contribution "failed" I am wondering now if the site was hacked and that is why it has been down for so long.

hmmm...this makes me wonder too...I was hacked over the weekend as well...waiting on my new card and for the site to come back up...

The point of this is to save your money into the account and then pay for your vacation at the due date. I would hate to be at the 45 day mark and can't access the account or pay off the vacation. That would be frustrating.

Lucky for me, I already paid my balance, however, I need to load my onboard account now so I can get my bonus cards in time for my trip...I'm getting both nervous and frustrated by it being down for so long without notice from DVA.

I can't believe the site is still down. I only opened my account last Friday. This isn't exactly giving me the warm fuzzies. LOL

All day yesterday and then again this morning, I tried to go to the DVA site and it keeps saying it's down for maintenance. How long does maintenance usually take?
I may be grasping at straws here - but could this maintenance have anything to do with the upcoming 2016 package prices being released on Monday?? The Vacation Club site is also down for maintenance. I called this AM and they said the IT department is all over it.

I may be grasping at straws here - but could this maintenance have anything to do with the upcoming 2016 package prices being released on Monday?? The Vacation Club site is also down for maintenance. I called this AM and they said the IT department is all over it.
No. It's because the DVA was taking additional deposits from people's debit and credit cards suddenly and without authorization. The website has been shut down for at least 3 days while Disney & Chase try to sort the mess out. There's a long thread about it on the TPAS.

Oh I didn't know that. They took an additional deposit from me, and I am okay with it. It'll get me to my goal faster. :)

hmmm...this makes me wonder too...I was hacked over the weekend as well...waiting on my new card and for the site to come back up...

...We also received notice (on Friday) that our CC (the one used for DVA) was fraudulently used in FL. Interesting...

Disney maintains the DVA with Chase. I think it is just a coincidence that the cards were used in FL.

https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/terms-conditions/

12. As of the initial launch of the Program in 2013, Disney maintains the Program Bank Account with JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association, which has a place of business at 1111 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH 43240. Disney may move the Program Bank Account to one or more other FDIC insured banks from time to time.

My card numbers have been stolen and used all over the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter