Disney Vacation Account - refund issues (I should have known)

PrincessDreams2

Mouseketeer
I opened a DVA in September of 2015. I put away about $50 every two weeks until now, from automatic draft from my checking account (via debit card). Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I have elected to take the money out, while leaving the account open for future use. I went online late last week, requested a full refund. Got several confirmation emails, and then the deposits started showing back up in my checking account by this past Monday night (and I thought that was impressively fast). I then realized that I didn't receive the entire amount back. (should be over $1700, and I've only gotten a little over $700 back). After some investigating, I remembered that I had switched checking accounts partway through, and the original checking account where the remaining contributions had come from is closed. DVA typically credits you back to the original form of contribution. So I can only assume that DVA is trying to send the funds to my old checking account that no longer exists. I called the bank where the old account is (Chase, ironically) and they have no record of any funds coming their way to me, and the old checking account is closed and has a 0 balance. I have called DVA and submitted a help inquiry on their website. One of the cast members I spoke to said that "she has seen this scenario before" and that the money will be send back to my old bank and I will have to wait for them to send it to me. Yet, Chase has no record of receiving any funds. I plan on calling DVA again today, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had a similar situation occur, and how it was handled. I have searched the boards and have seen posts about DVA crediting gift cards, credit cards, etc. but nothing like my situation. Any help or insight would be appreciated. I am anxious about this and kicking myself. I wanted to have faith in this account despite the negativity I had seen. I'm worried my $1000 is lost someplace now.:worried:

They are wrong. If a business sends funds to a closed account, the funds are returned to the business account noting that the account is closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter