Disney Vacation Account - Purchasing a Disney Gift Card

Jumping in to this conversation...Our trip is Oct 16. On Aug 2, I paid the balance of my trip by calling DVA. No problems at all. I requested a GC for the remaining balance and received it within a couple of weeks (it was about $70). According to the FAQ section, as all of you are aware I'm sure, you are supposed to receive your bonus 4-6 weeks before your trip date. It's now less than 3 weeks until my trip, and no bonus card. From what some of you are saying, it seems that rather than getting a GC in the mail, they now have you pick them up on property? I'm planning to call today or tomorrow, and hopefully will get some answers - and will be prepared for Mr. SIGH, :)

Has anyone on this thread ever received both the GC AND the bonus as specified in their FAQs?

Thanks for your input!

UPDATE: I called yesterday (Sunday) and spoke to "Michael." He was very nice (no sighing :laughing:) and took all my info, and stated that someone should either call or email me a status with a day or two. We'll see...my bonus is only $80, but heck, we're going to the Food and Wine Festival, so it will come in VERY handy!! :drinking:

I'll post more updates as they happen.

Another update. This email arrived today (where the dollar amount was I put an X):

Thank you for requesting your Disney Gift Card.

Please note that the remaining balance $X of your Disney Vacation Account has been moved to a new Disney Gift Card.

Your Disney Gift Card is scheduled to ship tomorrow via USPS Standard Mail. Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery.

The Disney Gift Card creates thousands of magical possibilities! Learn more about where to use your Disney Gift Card here.

Thank you,

The Disney Vacation Account Team

UPDATE: I called yesterday (Sunday) and spoke to "Michael." He was very nice (no sighing :laughing:) and took all my info, and stated that someone should either call or email me a status with a day or two. We'll see...my bonus is only $80, but heck, we're going to the Food and Wine Festival, so it will come in VERY handy!! :drinking:

I'll post more updates as they happen.

Today's UPDATE on my missing BONUS: I called today (TUESDAY) and spoke with "Linda". She was very sympathetic, and apologetic. Very nice lady. She had no idea why no one had contacted me as I was told would happen, but took all my information (again) and put it through (again) with as much urgency (her words) as she could.

One thing she said is that the fastest way to get their attention was to use the CONTACT US feature on their website. When I told her I had done that already, probably a least a week ago, she seemed truly amazed that they had not contacted me.

She did seem to let it slip that what often happens is that they actually ship the card to your resort (I suppose only if you are staying on property) if it's too close to your arrival date to snail mail...then she kind of corrected herself and said that that really didn't happen very often. Anyway, I requested that as part of her "putting it through" that a note was made for them to at least acknowledge my multiple requests

I plan to continue calling every day and being all over this...my bonus is only $80, but hey, its more FOOD & WINE!!!!!

:drinking1

Today's UPDATE on my missing BONUS: I called today (TUESDAY) and spoke with "Linda". She was very sympathetic, and apologetic. Very nice lady. She had no idea why no one had contacted me as I was told would happen, but took all my information (again) and put it through (again) with as much urgency (her words) as she could.

One thing she said is that the fastest way to get their attention was to use the CONTACT US feature on their website. When I told her I had done that already, probably a least a week ago, she seemed truly amazed that they had not contacted me.

She did seem to let it slip that what often happens is that they actually ship the card to your resort (I suppose only if you are staying on property) if it's too close to your arrival date to snail mail...then she kind of corrected herself and said that that really didn't happen very often. Anyway, I requested that as part of her "putting it through" that a note was made for them to at least acknowledge my multiple requests

I plan to continue calling every day and being all over this...my bonus is only $80, but hey, its more FOOD & WINE!!!!!

You have to like more Food & Wine! :thumbsup2

I requested my card on 9/9 and finally got a confirmation on Friday 9/25 that it would be sent 9/26. So, hopefully it will be here this week. Well before I need it. (11/5). It has been deducted from my account. Now, to wait on my bonus gift cards.

Just wanted to report that I received my gift card today. Beware when going through your mail! I thought it was junk - the return address was Henderson, NV. So it took exactly 3 weeks to receive it. I'm impressed. Just waiting on my bonus cards now.

UPDATE #3
After making two phone calls this week, in addition to writing on their CONTACT US page over a week ago, here's what I got in my inbox today:

"Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. We do not have record of having received a bonus request. Please log into your account and click on "Request Your Bonus" in the left margin under "Next Steps." It will ask for your travel date, you will get a confirmation page once you submit your request. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Account Guest Service"

To say that I am LIVID is an understatement. (BTW...I put in my request for my bonus on Aug 2) Needless to say, there will be another phone call today! I know that there is no way that I will receive my bonus before out trip now. What a screwed up mess!
>:(

UPDATE #3
After making two phone calls this week, in addition to writing on their CONTACT US page over a week ago, here's what I got in my inbox today:

"Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. We do not have record of having received a bonus request. Please log into your account and click on "Request Your Bonus" in the left margin under "Next Steps." It will ask for your travel date, you will get a confirmation page once you submit your request. Please let us know if you have additional questions.
Mine
Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Account Guest Service"

To say that I am LIVID is an understatement. (BTW...I put in my request for my bonus on Aug 2) Needless to say, there will be another phone call today! I know that there is no way that I will receive my bonus before out trip now. What a screwed up mess!
>:(

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. Did you get a chance to call today? I'm curious as to what they said.

As to my personal update: I did receive my gift card today (the balance of my DV account). Like CalDisneyMomof2 said, watch your mail. Mine came inside a card inside a birthday card size envelope.

I requested it on 9/12 so it took just shy of 3 weeks.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. Did you get a chance to call today? I'm curious as to what they said.

As to my personal update: I did receive my gift card today (the balance of my DV account). Like CalDisneyMomof2 said, watch your mail. Mine came inside a card inside a birthday card size envelope.

I requested it on 9/12 so it took just shy of 3 weeks.

Thank you, Belle0101. This is long - I'm sorry - but the "executive summary" is this - I do think it is now resolved, and my bonus should be available to me when we get there at Guest Services.

"FINAL UPDATE Details"

Yes I did call, and after 30+ minutes on hold, talked with Veronica. Again I explained everything, and told her I STILL had not received any contact (phone or email) from ANYONE, and also told her about the cookie cutter generic form letter I got saying they had never received my request for my bonus, and to resubmit. She apologized and gave her the whole story.

After going back and forth with her for what seemed hours (probably only about 5-8 minutes), explaining my situation, her staying calm and saying much the same thing over and over (it certainly felt like longer than 5 minutes, as I was starting to lose my cool), she again apologized and finally said she was going to put me on hold and talk to her supervisor, and would be right back. Another 5+ minutes or more on hold, then she came back to make sure I was still there, and apologized again for the wait, and off she went again. She then came back again and said she was transferring me to Sarah....FINALLY!! Someone who could actually do something!

Sarah was very nice (I'm afraid I was frazzled by that time!) and told me that she was going to escalate to their "leadership team," who would contact me within 1 business day. She also assured me that this was not anything I did wrong with submitting, as my account had been open for over 120 days, I used the funds for accepted payments, and I had originally submitted my request in time for processing, so it met all the criteria for the bonus.
She wrote all the details, and copied me on her email to the "leaders" - finally I got SOMETHING in my inbox.

The troubling factor (and the part that REALLY bugged me) was that I never received ANY confirmation email after submitting my original request on Aug. 2. There was a confirmation page, which sadly, I did not print out (DUH!!!) but that was it...my request went to who-knows-where, but obviously not where it should have gone! Even after resubmitting Wednesday night, I never got a confirmation email (which Sarah said I should have gotten). Even the envelope with the Gift Card (which I requested at the same time as originally requested the Bonus, and received fairly quickly) had no readable postmark date on the envelope. All I had to go on was the dates that show in my account.

Anyway, I needed to run some errands, so I figured it would be a little while before anyone got back to me on the phone (and possibly not until the next day). Imagine my surprise when my cell phone rang in my car and it was "Kitty" calling - this was only about 20 minutes! She was very nice, and after speaking with her, I felt that a resolution was in place, and all was again right with the world.

I think the bottom line is this:

If you use this account, be sure you know the rules - (Kitty said most problems are because people don't understand about the 120 days, and what is a valid "purchase" that goes toward the bonus). Then, if you have problems, keep after them. There seems to be a threshold - when you contact them so many times with no results, they will finally escalate...otherwise, your calls are simply routed at a snail's pace with or without any action on their part. If you need action - keep good notes (days you called/wrote, names, detail of call) and also try to keep good records of when you submitted requests for Gift Cards or Bonuses...you MAY NOT ever get any confirmation in your email inbox. It goes against my grain, but I guess to really get help, you have to be a bit of a *****, but you have to have your ducks in a row to back it up.
So that's my story...when we arrive at WDW in two weeks, :banana:I will go to GS and probably have to explain the whole thing again, but should be able to get my card ..then we are off to spend it at the Food and Wine Festival....YAY!!!!!!!

Good luck, everyone!!
Jeanne

Any news yet to share on your ultimate experience? Nearly the very same experience for me after several vexing, circular attempts and FINALLY reaching a DVA "customer service rep" on 09/16/15, 6 1/2 weeks out. May have even reached the very same rep, as he sighed a bit and explained, "You should be able to purchase your gift card online with your DVA. 'They' don't like these requests, but I'll go ahead and put it in." Still no email or account activity showing that my request is in process, and - as one other poster mentioned - I'll be livid if my requested card isn't processed and received in time as that gift card constitutes a very significant portion of my family's planned dining budget, and one of the reasons I'd signed up to save in the first place. And, yes. If I don't receive this gift card to use as planned, it really WILL mean that the money I'd contributed has been, and WILL be tied up for as long as it takes them to refund it all. God knows how long THAT might take if they are having issues simply processing gift card purchases...Still may represent $1,000 out of my available vacation funds. I'll wait to see how all pans out, but - right now - NOT liking this, at all...

Just wanted to provide an update:

I'd been checking my DVA account, daily, and on 09/30/15 found that my gift card purchase request was listed as a debit to my account with a notation, "Guest Services Transaction - Over the Phone". I received no confirmation email regarding the transaction, but my gift card did arrive on 10/05/2015. WARNING: As at least one other poster mentioned here [Thank you, VERY MUCH!], the gift card arrived in a rather non-descript white "junk-mail-looking" envelope the size of a regular greeting card, bearing a return address in Henderson, NV with a company name of "[something or other I don't recall] Enterprises". There were no Disney markings of any kind on the envelope. While I'm not sure whether the DVA fine print mentions anything about these gift card delivery methods, had I not previously read the post regarding the envelope, I very well may have thought it another piece of junk mail and put it in my shred pile. Thank you OP and others on this thread! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter