Disney vacation account and TA

minerva78

Mouseketeer
We are considering booking a Disney cruise and I've been reading info about setting up a DVA. I like this idea because I can buy discounted gift cards to fund the DVA and save money on the cruise, plus get gift cards back. But I have a TA I've done other cruises through who gives the best OBC of any other TAs I've come across. She told me their agency is an "earmarked" agency, whatever that means, and I can do payments through my DVA if I book with them. So I have a question of how to best book so I can save the most money. Can I set up the DVA myself, fund it with the initial credit card deposit first, then with gift cards, use that money to put the deposit down on the cruise myself, then have my booking transferred to my TA to get their OBC? The TA can't do the deposit through my DVA correct? I didn't know if this was the best way to fund as much of the cruise as possible with discounted gift cards and still get OBC with a TA.

We are considering booking a Disney cruise and I've been reading info about setting up a DVA. I like this idea because I can buy discounted gift cards to fund the DVA and save money on the cruise, plus get gift cards back. But I have a TA I've done other cruises through who gives the best OBC of any other TAs I've come across. She told me their agency is an "earmarked" agency, whatever that means, and I can do payments through my DVA if I book with them. So I have a question of how to best book so I can save the most money. Can I set up the DVA myself, fund it with the initial credit card deposit first, then with gift cards, use that money to put the deposit down on the cruise myself, then have my booking transferred to my TA to get their OBC? The TA can't do the deposit through my DVA correct? I didn't know if this was the best way to fund as much of the cruise as possible with discounted gift cards and still get OBC with a TA.

I haven't paid a deposit with the DVA, but I would suspect it is same as any other payment using the DVA when using a TA. My guess is that you can have the TA place a hold on a new reservation, and then call the DCL number and make the payment yourself with your DVA account number.

Please reply on this thread with the correct answer.

I paid my deposit for Alaska 2016 with my DVA. It wasn't a problem. The TA booked it and then gave me the reservation number and I called 1-800-511-9333 and gave them the DVA account number and DCL reservation number and paid the deposit. Very easy.

PP is correct! That's exactly how it's handled. You still get the perks of using the TA but you call yourself to do the payment through your DVCA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter