• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Unwrapped- After the show

S

susy

Who else watched???

DH, DS, and I all watched together. There are sooo many things we haven't tried yet! We are going to Chef Mickey for DS's birtday and now he wants to make his own desert!

Dh and I thought that in lieu of Thansgiving dinner, we could just walk around with a Turkey leg
;)

Well, I have to say that this was one , if not the BEST show we have seen on WDW!

My 5yo DS said, "I want to go back to Disney, so my taste buds can go to Heaven!"

Have to say...this will be my third time down and I've never had a turkey leg!! My dh, this will be his second time, asked why we never had them. Looks like that's a must eat for us in August!!! My mouth was watering sitting there in bed last night.

It was a good show! Mickey Bars, Mickey Waffles, Mickey Pancakes... They did a good job showing little bits of a lot of stuff. :)

Did you happen to catch how many turkey legs they sell a year???

1,500,000 That works out to average over 41,000 each and every day! That is one heck of a lot of turkey.

Ughhh!! I shouldn't have told everyone else in the house the show was on.

I've been reading these boards over a year and figured I had everything regarding our meals for our upcoming trip in August all figured out. My husband watched the show last night and now he wants me to add the Japanese restaurant they showed to the list and also wants to go to Flame Tree.

1) Can anyone tell me the name of the Japanese restaurant they featured is? I missed the name but its the one where the chef cooks in front of you.

2) Can anyone give me any thoughts on the Flame Tree BBQ? The husband is most interested in the ribs. I had planned to go to RFC on our AK day. Where else might he get good ribs down there? Maybe he can take a bunch of ribs back to the campground with us to snack on later from Flame Tree. I don't want to give up RFC!!

The show was great fun to watch and now I'm even more excited about the trip!

I'm mad I missed it, but fortunately it is being shown again next Monday (June 16th) at 9:00 p.m. I already have it marked on my calendar! By that time . . .my countdown will be reading 4 days and it'll really put me in the mood for our upcoming June 20th trip!

It was great! It even made me want to try one of those Emu, err, I mean Turkey Legs! The wedding cakes were out of this world!

Flametree -

Hi HvnzCaress,
The Flametree has very good and tasty food - pork sandwiches and ribs are excellent. What we liked in addition to the food was the seating area which wanders all over with tables in the shade and along the water. You might do an early lunch here and RFC for dinner. Teppanaki I think is the name of Japanese reataurant. Have fun. Bob

My husband asked why we didn't eat at Flame tree barbeque when we were there last! LOL

Now I know where we are having lunch at AK on our next trip.

It really was an interesting show. I have never had a desire to eat at Chef Mickey's until last night. The breakfast buffet looks wonderful!
Next year the whole family is going, and I am definately going to make a PS for breakfast for one of our days.

Make sure to be on the lookout when you purchase your turkey leg in Frontierland. There are numerous hungry birds (seagulls) waiting to dive bomb you after you have purchased your "leg"....

P.S.~They also sell them at the snack stand under Astro Orbitor!:D

I was so excited about the show. I watched it and taped it. My husband, who doesn't care about Disney as much as I do (fool that he is), told me that we have to go to Flame Tree BBQ and wants to have a turkey leg at MK when we go in November. Told him they were already on our agenda. My mouth was watering so bad watching the show.

What a great show! I really enjoyed the variety they showcased. Makes me want to go back now! Those wedding cakes were incredible - anyone else want to renew your vows to experience the Disney wedding magic? I loved those individual wedding cakes!

Also - the Chef Mickey piece is making me think I need to try this character breakfast. We never have before, but boy does it look like fun!

Can't wait to start planning again! (We just went last month!)

Pammypooh:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Tusker House has always gotten great reviews on this board, and I couldn't understand why. Maybe I was missing something, but I only remember having choices like chicken fingers, burgers, mac and cheese. I do remember eating a piece of carrot cake there as well. Is there more than one menu board there or something? I went during Peak season when it was PACKED, so I guess we missed something. But there was nothing there that even resembled salmon, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. It looked great. I'll be more observant on our next trip!

DD (15) used to eat turkey legs every trip. She has skipped the last two trips... and now wants one again due to the show!

When the wedding cakes came on she said "I'm glad I'm getting married there!"... she decided this about a year ago... I raised her right!

When I had described PrimeTime to her, she always said no... now she's interested in going.

We tried Tusker House for the first time last summer... we WILL be returning. Rotisserie chicken and peanut chicken stuff both very good.

Flame Tree vs. Rainforest -
We've eaten at both and actually like Flame Tree better. I guess we ate at the Rainforest at Grapevine Mills too many times and that made the AK RFC not that special... plus RFC can be a LOT more expensive than FT. YMMV

Anyway, it was perfect timing for us... just a few more days and we'll be eating our way through the World.

I have such a sickness I swear ...!!! Please tell me I was not the only one getting all teary eyed during the wedding scenes!! LOL. DH said if I save the money up we could renew our vows .. he does not like to admit it but he has the Disney Bug too!!!

It's funny that all the men got on us gals about the Flame Tree BBQ! My DH said "You know how much I like BBQ! Why didn't we go there?" LOL. So that is on our list for next time!

Brings back good memories as well as excitment for our upcoming Sept trip! Can't wait!!!

WDWO

wdsobsessed - yes, i got teary eyed during the wedding scene also. i think my dh did too, i asked him a question and he got choked up a little. i didn't realize all the things they do for a wedding! my dh said we can renew our vows there on our 10th anniversary, i have to wait 8 1/2 years though. well, start saving money.

it was a great show, i think very well done. made me want to go now.

a couple of weeks ago, my dh and i ate at chef mickey's for breakfast. we invited my mil, fil, his sister and her little girl (age 8). it was great!! charater interaction was one character every 10 minutes or so. they sing alot and it is just a real nice atmosphere for everyone. the characters played around with everyone at our table, not only our neice. and we all thought the food was fabulous. especially the mickey waffles, just a really good flavor, can't describe. couldn't stop eating. my dh loved goofy's breakfast lasagne, really unique. and the omlettes. i just loved everything. i would suggest to anyone. i asked my dh if he would go without kids, he said "of course i would". i would like to try their dinner buffet next.

well, later days:D

I watched with my two DDs (9 and 5) and I made them promise me that they would get married at WDW!
I want that wedding cake with silver mickeys on it (I mean I they want it...okay its mommy that really wants it, but I am already married!!)

My DH & I didn't even know it was going to be on, what a nice surprise when we found it last night! It sealed the deal & we are going back, yeah!!!!!!!! I booked it this morning! We want to try the turkey legs. Never got them before because we thought they wouldn't be anything special! We also want to try the Flame Tree and Chef Mickey's. YUMMY!!!!! I'm getting fat just thinking about it! Gotta go put up my clock!

I just loved the show!! Those turkey legs looked awesome! We will defenitly be getting them when we go. Chef Mickey's looked so great! My DS (5) was so excited to see it, I think we are going to do breakfast and dinner there just so he can make the cupcakes. The show really got us in the mood for Disney even though it is still another 8 months til we go!
Also, I saw the California Grill and I think I would like to take DH there. The view looked spectacular!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter