Disney! Universal! and Seaworld! AND that freebie cruise! True story.

kuhljeanie

Earning My Ears
Finally doing it...my first trip report. :)

Thought it might be helpful, since we went to all these places, and when I was researching it was a little difficult figuring out exactly what things were what (and how good ARE the cookies at IOA, really? Answer: frakkin' fabulous.) Sure, tell me that Twister "re-creates all the nail-biting excitement and unforgettable moments from one of the most action-packed movies of all time," but what the heck IS it? Coaster? 3-D movie thingy? Will it make me sick? Will it freak out my kid? Here to tell.

Quickie requisite introduction to our little group:

IMG350.jpg

Me: mom, foodie, IT consultant. About three years ago I made peace with the fact that it's better to go to WDW without DH than force him to come and listen to him gripe and whine the whole time because he'd rather be camping. So I go with my mom instead. This particular trip was 3 months after I'd had my spine fused, so it was a bit of a victory lap for me, although I was horrendously out of shape and the walking was ROUGH. Good, but rough. I'm also about 30 lbs heavier than normal. But we don't dwell on that, do we? No, we don't. :)

Mom: "Maw" or Grandma. Loves the trips as much as I do, but is perfectly content to let me do all the planning and reservation-making. Great travel companion. We like to coordinate our orders while checking out menus so we can try more stuff.

Kid: He just turned 6, was still 5 on this trip. Picky eater, would rather spend time in the dump shops than on the actual rides. :confused3

We left the little guy at home with Daddy for this trip; he's not quite 2, naps for 2 hours a day, and gets overwhelmed. We'll bring him on the next one, end of September.

So…a run-down of the itinerary!

• Four days in WDW at the Beach Club Villas on rented DVC points
• One night at Pop, pick up the rental car
• Drive to the port (West Palm Beach) and take the Celebration Cruise – 2 nights
• Drive back to Orlando, stay at the Hawthorne Suites (5 nights) and do Universal, Seaworld, and Wet n Wild (weather dependent).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter