Disney Trolls Youtube to promote Disney Cruises?

englanddg

Mouseketeer
Ok, first, you aren't going to want to watch all 10 minutes of the video. You'll get the idea in the first 30 seconds.

However, note the link in the lower right hand corner of the video.

Disney is trolling youtube now to get views?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo3F...eature=g-all-u

This has to be one of the most annoying things I've watched in a while. Someone needs to remind Disney that youtube isn't ytmnd (you're the man now dog!).

I am sure this was a hacked video posting. It happens sometimes on youtub - they will take it down.

If you wait until ~10 seconds in, and look at the lower right hand corner, you'll see the link to the original video.

Bad move Disney, bad move.

If you wait until ~10 seconds in, and look at the lower right hand corner, you'll see the link to the original video.

The link you gave is on the Disney Parks page. Who cares they link another of their videos? What am I missing?

I disagree with your post on YouTube after reading your comment:

"By 45 seconds in, I started to hear "I scream rape"!
englanddg 50 minutes ago "

Someone at Celebration should be walking the plank for this stunt if it was approved.

You can call it bad taste humor, but when I logged in and saw a DisneyParks post, I thought "wow, neat"...to be met with this, and yes, I let it look for 2 - 3 minutes before I started bouncing around to figure out if there was something more.

But...there isn't.

And yes, someone made a very bad call if this is official. I hate it. If you scroll through earlier comments, you'll find where I said that. I came back to see if I was imagining things later...and made a shallow (and off color admittedly) joke comment.

I agree about the bad move.
Still think it must be a hack or Viral attempt gone wrong!
I would just call it Vile. :eek:

And the "official" video isn't much better with the kid screaming ICE CREAM BREAK constantly isn't much better IMO
Could have been done with much less emphasis and still gotten the point across to the kids.

I'm going on my first Disney Cruise next year after 3 years in a row at the "World", and was looking forward to tips and ideas...not viral marketing.

Digging into it, I'm pretty sure this is Disney's idea of a new marketing campaign...and maybe someone in New Media Marketing is snarky and thinks the "viral vid" with links was a good idea, and will point to new views (I work in IT and deal with SEO and this sort of thing all the time...this sort of fad idea never carries, but the person who comes up with it thinks it's brilliant and points to short lived "views"...what they don't even quote is how it relates to closed sales...) The term "closing ratio" is a term that marketing people never want to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=ZhLBKFMM9Tg&v=-byMiPjXIxs

That is linked off of the link off of the main video I posted. I seriously think this isn't a hack...this is a publicity stunt.

Ok, now I confirmed it.

If you watch the original video, during it you will see a link back to the video I linked before.

Please let this be a hack.

Or if not a hack...a marketing zit. Pop it and move on Disney!

Ugh, all I could think of while watching either commercial was honey boo boo and her Go Go juice.

Not the image you are wanting, Disney.

DCL posted this video to their facebook page earlier this week. Definitely official (if misguided) marketing material (ew).

I do NOT understand what you guys are talking about. The first video "Ice Cream Break" is clearly posted by Disney, and links to a Disney video. What is so wrong with this?? What made you think it was some kind of hack? I am really confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter