disney trip

thumphries56

Mouseketeer
pixiedust: Hi all,first time here, hope I have doing this right.coming to disney world for 2nd trip.I came in june 08 my first trip and it was to hot. I wound up sick most of time because of heat. so planning my trip for Nov 28th -dec 5th. is this a good tm. thinking of staying at Pop this tm. is this a good idea. also how soon should I make reservations? Lots of question huh? :flower3:

Welcome!!
I have not been there at that time but I certainly want to go at that time.I think any time you go is a good time.
As for booking the further out I book the better.

It can be warm during that time, but nothing like June is. When we went in December 07 it got light jacket cool 1 or 2 nights, but that was it.

I think you will be able to enjoy yourself during that season.

i'm going that week too (nov. 28th-dec. 6th). i've heard it is a good time b/c all of the decorations are up and the christmas crowds haven't arrived just yet.

welcome to the dis! :disrocks:

If you are looking to avoid the heat, then you should travel b/w late October and April. Outside of that, it can be really hot.

You will get to see the holiday decorations which should be a plus for you.

As long as swimming is not high up on the priority list you'll be fine.

My kids personally would rather be at the pool than the parks :sad2:....so we go in August. Crazy hot. It's brutal. I think I lose 5 lbs. in water weight from sweating. I don't recommend it to anyone, but all of the attractions are air conditioned, so it's bearable i guess.

We just went at the time you're asking about, and it was great! Crowd levels were not too bad, but the weekends were a bit heavier. The weather was decent, with one REALLY cold day... but a light jacket or long sleeves with jeans worked fine most days, and tshirts worked for a couple days. We did get one nasty thunderstorm, that most people looked unprepared for. (Weather Channel, people! :confused3 )

The Christmas decorations were terrific, even if they were cut back from previous years, as I had read. Did lots of resort-hopping to check out the spectacular chocolate and gingerbread creations! :thumbsup2 You might be interested in the Yuletide Fantasy backstage tour, it was lot's of fun. And we really enjoyed the Candlelight Processional too.

We're swapping up times with you, and going this June!! But that's the only time we can take my DNephew, who otherwise might never get to go. So we'll endure the heat for him!

I recommend making reservations just as soon as you can. And Pop was not bad in '06, so we're staying there again. We did enjoy our stay at ASMusic in Nov/Dec, the rooms there have been updated recently. But the little guy will enjoy the theming at Pop better.

Happy planning!

Here is a great thread that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know @POP!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1991543

welcome012.gif

mickeywelcome2.gif

My family and I are thinking of going to WDW around the same time. I think that it's a great time to go. :thumbsup2 Like many of the previous posters have said, you should definitely make your reservations soon if you can.

3956.gif

Happy planning! I think that would be a wonderful time to go. Will probably try that time of year after kids are out of the house. School gets in the way of traveling when I want to. The weather should be pleasant then.

Welcome to DISboards. We just got there last Christmas holidays and the experience is really wonderful, now we are planning to go back for the next holidays. I'm a little bit excited again. :)

Have a safe trip everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter