disney trip + no stomach bug =post here!

kristin1012

Earning My Ears
So we all obviously know it's that time of year where no matter where you are the stomach bug is spreading. I've been going crazy reading about everyone who has gotten sick. It's time for a thread with some good news so that those of us who are going in the next couple weeks can start feeling better.

If you have recently gotten back from WDW and had a great time and didn't get sick please let us know :) If you did get the stomach bug then you can post on another thread, this one is for good news only :cheer2:

We were there from the 6th to the 14th. Stayed at POR and didn't get sick. Wiped down the room with Wet Ones and carried them with us everywhere. Washed our hands as often as possible and when we couldn't wash, used the Wet Ones. We really tried not to touch the hand rails, didn't eat at the buffets until the last morning and tried to use the Wet Ones after riding each attraction. It may seem like over kill but it worked - didn't catch the Norovirus that had been going around so it was worth the small amount of effort.

We were in the World from Dec 23 to Jan 5 and no stomach bug or colds for us. We stayed at SSR and BCV. I did bring a can of Lysol and went in the room before everyone else and sprayed it down and we used anti-bacterial hand sanitzer before every meal. Seemed to work for us, luckily.
And we traveled with a 7, 4 and 2 year olds and they did touch every, and I mean every:scared: handrail, wall, water fountain they could get there hands on. We also ate at alot of buffets.

My sister was there 3 times in Jan, and my parents were there for 8 days they just got back on Friday. No sickness at all. Nor did they see anyone getting sick. They stayed at Pop and at AKV.

12/26 to 1/5. The wife, the baby, and I were all fine. The grandparents and the CM that we stayed with on the other hand ..... oh, wait, all positive on this thread. So, to sum it up the wife, baby, and I were fine!!

We were there Jan 10th -12th and came home perfectly healthy :-) The only thing we did (which we always do) is bring our own blankets and thick pillow shams for the pillows. We stayed at POR.

We were at WL from Jan 14th through 19th and all remained healthy. Just stuffy noses from having to put the heat on in the room because it got so darn cold! The only thing I did was call mousekeeping upon arrival and ask for freshly laundered bedspreads - which they did bring, although I have no way to know for sure if they were freshly laundered, but it made me feel better. We don't use them and I fold them down but the kids roll all over the beds so they do touch them!

We never eat at any buffets so I can't say if that was a factor or not in helping us stay germ free.

we were there from the 10th to the 19th and we are all fine! We have a four year old who I caught putting her mouth on several handrails :crazy2: I only saw two pukers and they were both little kids so it could have been from anything! We just did the usual handwashing. We stayed at POFQ. Don't let worrying about it ruin your trip!!

5 of us, 13 nights (from 12/29 thru 1/10) split between POFQ, BCV & SSR. We didn't have any problems and didn't do anything other than trying to avoid touching railings in line, etc.

And the weather was beautiful!

Thanks for this thread! DH was talking about all the peanut butter recall last night and I just happened to say out loud " I wonder if that is what all the people at Disney were sick with" He freaked out!!! He told me that we needed to buy more anti bacterial stuff. I am happy to report back that it sounds like the bug is leaving!

We were there 12/28-1-4. We were all fine.

I was getting over a cold the week before so I was taking immune boosters as well as my DH and both DS's. I highly recommend something like this before going on vacation.

I was there solo from December 3-7 and no bug for me. I stayed at Pop Century and I did wipe the entire room down with Clorox wipes (handles, faucets, remotes, light switches, toilet, even the table and dresser drawers). I also carried handiwipes, but did not use them as much as Mr. Monk or anything.

Going back in 4 days, keep fingers crossed for me!

We were there Dec. 12-18 and stayed offsite and no one got sick. We didn't spray any Lysol or bring our own sheets. We were at the parks for 5 days and washed our hands normally, after using the restroom and before eating. I can't imagine that fights many germs though, given the COLD water that comes out of the faucet in every bathroom in WDW!

We stayed at POR from January 10th to the 16th (plus January 9th in Toronto). Our entire familiy returned healthy and happy.

We did not use Lysol.

We did not wipe anything down in the hotel room.

We at at five different buffets throughout the week.

We rode the rides, touched the hand rails, and shook hands with many different CM's and resort guests.

We washed our hands and practiced normal good hygiene habits throughout the week. The rest we left to fate, and all turned out fine.

We also didn't see (or smell) any evidence of sickness while we were there. All in all, it was a magical trip! ::yes::

And none of us got sick. I waited until today to be absolutely sure that nothing came home with us!

I did remove the bedspreads and use lysol wipes on the room (stayed at Pop, btw). We also washed hands well and used Wet Ones and hand sanitizer. We ate at three buffets, the first one on the first day of our trip. I didn't really do anything different - except for the room. Removing the bedspreads and wiping down the room took less than 10 minutes, and if it helped us to all stay healthy, then it was time well spent!

I, too, had read all of the previous threads. I finally stopped reading them on day three of the trip because it was taking away the fun! Anyway, we may have just been "lucky", but we were all fine, nor did we see any instances of anyone else being sick.

Oh, and our boys are ages 9 and 2 - not exactly known for their immaculate hygiene!

You can also start taking extra Vit. D3 to help ward off any common cold or flu germs. When you have low levels of Vit. D, it makes you more susceptible to getting sick.

We had a great trip in Nov. with absolutely no extra precautions besides washing our hands. We even used the linens on our beds at WL! ::yes::

We were there from December 10th through the 15th. We didn't do anything extra to ward off germs. We practiced good hand washing hygiene and never had any issues. We also never saw anyone being sick either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter