• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Trip Fibs

This was on our recent cruise on the Fantasy (last week in fact). We had a balcony, which made me a little nervous that our DD7 would open the door and our toddler would go and climb on a the balcony table and try to climb overboard. Disney balcony doors have a lock up high, and I knew that my DD7 would climb to unlock it if she saw it. So I was careful about only unlocking and locking it when she wasn't looking. Well, DH caught on that first day without us discussing it. DD7 tried to open it and couldn't, so I waited a few minutes and then discreetly walked over and opened it. DH saw me heading there and picked up the phone and said "Yes captain, it's Gary in room 8602. Can you unlock our balcony door for us?" DD7 was convinced that she could not open that door without him calling the bridge, so we didn't have to worry the rest of the trip. It was too funny.

At the end of Philharmagic my DS 2 was terribly worried about Donald Duck and where he had gone after crashing into the wall. I told him he had to go to the doctor because he bumped his head. Bad choice of fib. My uber empathetic little beasty was heart broken that donald got hurt and asked about him the rest of the day even though I assured him he was fine.

I'm sure no one ever believes me, but whenever I see someone get unexpectedly sprayed by the camel at the flying carpets, I say "that's real camel spit you know....they have it imported".

Lauren, I want to go to Disney with you! It sounds like you'd be a hoot and I'm always guilty of talking about the animatitronic ducks and bunnies and making up silly stories to amuse the kids including crazy Disney "facts" that are not at all true and/or possible. LOL Things like you'd read on "crazy things you've overheard at Disney" threads.

In 2011 we surprised our Boys with a trip to WDW. We told them that we were going on a business trip with Dad in Tampa. So going down to Florida was no problem and we kept them busy with their videos.

When we turned off of Florida's Turnpike onto the Western Beltway DS#1 saw the YMCA and said that he remembered it from our last trip to WDW. I told him that they had YMCA's in that design all over FL. He bought it! Luckily there is a road sign that said Tampa X miles. They had no idea until we saw the WDW sign on Western Way! Then they both started screaming!

It was a once in a lifetime fib though. They are getting too old for me to pull that one again and I am also sure that they will be watching the road signs better!

My then BF (now fiance!) proposed to me on our trip mid-week. He had to keep the ring hidden the whole time until he did it and he was nervous to leave it in the room since he couldn't use the safe (I was using it). So, on our first day out to the parks he had put it in his pocket. On our way to the bus stop to make an early Tusker House ADR, he decided he didn't feel comfortable keeping the ring in his pocket so he lied and said he forgot his phone in the room and had to run back. We were staying in Acadian House at POR and were almost at the main bus stop, so anyone familiar with the resort knows how far that is so I was annoyed that he might make us late! We were about 5 mins late for our ADR - but it was worth it :thumbsup2

Another one - my mom doesn't do rides so she was waiting while my dad and I went on Splash Mountain. She got talking to someone else who was waiting that told her BTMRR was tame - basically a train ride. When my dad and I came off Splash, my mom said she'd be willing to ride it. We were shocked - she'd trust a complete stranger yet she never listens to us when it comes to rides! Needless to say, she hated it and immediately regretted her decision! Not really a fib on the stranger's part, but shows how subjective that kind of thing is!

We took our 5 year old niece to Disney World this past November. She loved meeting the characters until she met the Princesses and they talked. She then proceeded to tell me Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale, and all the other characters where fake and was pretty mad at us. I said they are not fake and asked why she said that. She said because they do not speak to her and why don't they speak if they are real? I looked at her and said well since when do you speak mouse, duck, chipmunk, bear, tiger ect. ect.? I said they don't speak to you because you would not understand them and it would sound like this and made a funny sound. She looked at me and said well that makes sense no wonder they don't speak to us and went about her merry way.

My other experience of that trip was the little girl from the family who was with us asked if Rock-n-Roller coaster was a real coaster. I looked at at her and said what a coaster oh this is just a fun ride and let it go at that. Well we can say she was not to happy at the end, but agreed she would not have tried it if I told her. She however, did not want to ride it again.

When DH and I went to WDW with our friend, we had a blast! This was her first (and probably only) time at WDW. When we got on Splash Mountain, I convinced her to ride in the first row. I said that when we plunge down, the water would go OVER her and actually get us behind her, she just has to lean down low.

Yeah. She got soaked :rotfl:

She didn't mind though, since we went in the peak of summer, so it was refreshing :)

Dh is not really into roller coasters. Last time we were at Disney with him, I did not say anything and walked on to Space Mountain with him and the girls. He did not suspect a thing because my two year old was with us. My older girls were snickering as they lowered the lap bars. Afterwords, he kept looking at our two year old and going, "I cannot believe she rode that!" I think he will think twice before walking on an unfamiliar ride with us again.

DH did this to me once. He knew that I hated roller coasters and I knew that I didn’t want to try Space Mountain.

It was my very first time at WDW, he’d been many times, and I was just so excited about being there, I just followed him right on it. There was absolutely no line so I didn’t have time to think about what I was riding. I hopped in the vehicle, which he said surprised him,:rolleyes: and then he said to me, “You realize what you are on, right?” and I said, “No, what?”, but it was too late, we were already moving. :rotfl: I can laugh about it now and I forgave him.

I think he regretted it after. I actually hurt my ankles on it because I had my legs and ankles pressed against the sides of the car trying to keep from flying out of the car :lmao:….I was terrified and limped around Disney for a couple of days. Then I refused to go on Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain for years afterward.

I finally tried both Thunder and Splash years later and loved them. I regret not trying them on our first trip. I did try Space Mountain several times since and I still hate it.

Me to my daughter: How about the beach this summer.

My daughter to me: No, can't we go to Disney World for summer break. Pleeeeeeaaaasssseee?"

Son in the background chanting: "I want to go see Mickey. I want to go see Mickey."

Me to my daughter: "I don't think we can go to Disney World this year. Maybe we can go next summer. Would you still want to go to Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique again even though you'll be 11?"

My daughter (with the sad face): "Yes, I want to do it again."

Me: "Oh right because you said you want to wear a tutu and a cute shirt next time instead of a long dress."

Her: "Yes, but I still want the bun."

Me: "Well maybe next summer. I just don't think I'll have the money this time."

Okay so the truth is we're driving instead of flying and staying off site instead of onsite, but we're going. May 31st to June 8th. She has an appointment at the Castle boutique for June 1st. :goodvibes

Well, it wasn't at Disney, but on castaway cay on our last Disney cruise. During the afternoon I told the rest of family (we were traveling with extended family) I was going to go to the stores and try to find a shirt I'd seen earlier.

What I really did was get a strawberry dacquiri, find a secluded chair on the beach sit all alone, no kids, no husband, and drink my drink looking out at the ocean, relaxing with my feet in the sand.

One of my highlights of the trip :)

I did the same thing but I excused my self to go to the restroom and vanished for about 1/2 and had a beverage at the Head's up bar on beautiful Castaway Cay. It is heaven on earth!

This isn't a fib at Disney, it's a pre-Disney fib. I'm struggling with potty training my almost 3 year old daughter. She is obsessed with Cinderella's castle (she calls it her castle), and I may have told her that they don't let girls with diapers in the castle, and that she needs to go on the potty all the time before we can go to Disney. Am I the worst? :confused3

Not a true fib but a surprise.

We live near Charlotte, NC and my brother in law lives near Atlanta GA about 4 hours away.

So November of 2011, we told our daughter we were going to go see him. We drove right past him and kept going to FL. My DD wondered about why it was taking so long (b/c we had been to Atlanta often) but just complained about being in the car so long---never really asked us why.

She kept seeing WDW signs and signs for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party ----billboards etc... but we kept distracting her and misleading her (My husband is VERY good at this! LOL)

We stayed at a local hotel that night and told her we took a wrong turn.

The next morning, we drove to AKL (I thought we were staying at Pop Century). She started REALLY figuring it out when she saw the buses for the parks since we have been several times. So she was surprised ----and thrilled----meaning she started screaming! when we drove up to the gates of AKL and so was I! :cheer2:

Our last trip with all the kids ( 3 teenagers in one room @POR!) we told them we were going back to the room for a nap while they played around the arcade...well "nap" at home is code for something else - at WDW it's nap :rotfl2: They razzed us a bit. Before we left the room to meet for supper DH took the towels and blindfolded all the stuffies the kids had bought - they got a kick out of it!:rotfl:

Really-TMI:confused3

My first trip, my sister and I 'forgot' to tell me mom that Tower of Terror had more than one big drop. We suddenly remembered to tell her as we found our place in line right in front of the elevator. She was buggin and scared, but still stepped into the elevator.

Well, turns out, one fall would have been preferred. On the ride, my mom did nothing but cuss and drop more f bombs than I can say. Totally embarrassing. We have not let her back on the ride for the safety of the ears of the other riders, and that's okay with her too!

My children told me that fib. I refuse to ride teacups with them.

My DD, who was 5 at the time, did this to me too. I had a discussion with my mother about the tea cups at Disney World and said I refuse to ride with Dd who is now 7. Mom said she would but then I checked the handy dandy refurb schedule and guess what ride will be down for refurb while we're there? Oh yes....the tea cups. I am a happy camper. :cool1::cheer2:

We haven't fibbed to DD about our upcoming trip yet but will soon. Mom and I are taking her next month for her first trip and plan to tell her on her birthday, which is actually a week from today.

She has since decided she wants to take money out of her savings account to take me to Disney World for my birthday this summer. She is having my mom crunch numbers right now to find the cheapest way to do it and told me she is ready but my mom has to save up for her half before we can decide exactly when we are going.

Mom and I have decided to tell her that she can't afford to go this year so that way on her birthday when she opens her present that says we are taking her to Disney World it will still be a surprise. Mom is worried it will be mean because it's going to break her little heart but we are telling her in a week that we are going next month so it's not like she'll be heart broken for long. I think we are going to wait until about 2 days before we tell her we are taking her before to tell her mom can't afford to go this summer. She should be fine.

When DD was 3 1/2 we told her the Haunted Mansion was really the "Happy Mansion" or there was no way we were going to get her on the ride. She kept questioning us as we were waiting in line but we had her convinced it was "happy". We would have been ok except the ride stopped at the exact moment our cart was facing the wall of ghosts. When we got off she said "that wasn't very happy". 2 years later we had to come clean on our next trip and tell her the real name. She still refers to it as the "Happy Mansion" tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter