Disney Trick or Treat Bags

tmbowers

Mouseketeer
We are taking our two daughters to Disney for the first time in October. We have tickets to MNSSHP. As much as I would love to order the Disney trick or treat bags from Disney floral, I can not rationalize spending $69 per child for a treat bag, small Mickey plush, and a few pieces of candy. Instead, I thought I would find cute treat bags, fill them with things at home, and ship them to our resort. Has anyone seen any cute Disney-themed trick or treat bags that are reasonably priced? I would prefer something soft that would collapse and be easy to pack into our suitcase for the return trip.

Thanks!

Are you crafty? I saw a cute idea and made it for my daughter. Take a canvas bag and sew a mickey head on one side and their initial on the other. I also put ribbon along the top of it. The original bag was made to be an autograph bag instead of a book.

We are taking our two daughters to Disney for the first time in October. We have tickets to MNSSHP. As much as I would love to order the Disney trick or treat bags from Disney floral, I can not rationalize spending $69 per child for a treat bag, small Mickey plush, and a few pieces of candy. Instead, I thought I would find cute treat bags, fill them with things at home, and ship them to our resort. Has anyone seen any cute Disney-themed trick or treat bags that are reasonably priced? I would prefer something soft that would collapse and be easy to pack into our suitcase for the return trip.

Thanks!

They give you a small bag when you enter the party. They get heavy quickly and is the last thing a child wants to carry. Save your money, get a bag from the shop to transfer from their bag so it is not heavy (granted they are small), and let them buy a halloween themed treat at the end of the night from the shops if you think they need something more than the party for a treat. The t-shirts are nice and so are the pins. Also, you could use the money to take some Photopass pictures, use the code they give you for the discount and get the pictures in front of Cinderella's coach and Haunted Mansion as a family gift.

Enjoy you party, it is TONS of fun!!!!!!!

Have you thought about the reusable bags at the Disney store? They are pretty large and just like the bags at the grocery stores and have a Disney theme. They also sell them online if you don't have a disney store near you.They are about$2.50 each.

When we were there in 2009 I bought a Happy Halloween Walt Disney World Bag for myself. It is black with a Ghost Mickey (super cute) on the front and cost less than $15. I just pulled it out to use it again this season. If you search on ebay you can see a picture of the one I bought (sorry I wasn't sure if I can post a link). Search Happy Halloween Disney World bag.

A couple of years ago, I saw someone who had hot-glued a couple of ears to a pumpkin faced sack. Probably cost about $3 for some felt and the cheap bag and it looked pretty cute! We just use the park bags given out at the party and if they get full we dump it in the backpack or usually, say it's enough. DD doesn't eat much candy anyway so I wouldn't want it to go to waste. First year we had so much brought back home we gave it away on Halloween and didn't have to buy any candy to hand out. That was pretty nice! :rotfl2:

When we were there in 2009 I bought a Happy Halloween Walt Disney World Bag for myself. It is black with a Ghost Mickey (super cute) on the front and cost less than $15. I just pulled it out to use it again this season. If you search on ebay you can see a picture of the one I bought (sorry I wasn't sure if I can post a link). Search Happy Halloween Disney World bag.

Is this the bag you're talking about? We got this a few years at one of the gift shops at the Poly. So cute!

HalloweenBag.jpg

I just bought my granddaughters hard plastic Mickey pumokin head's(the plastic bucket types) at Walgreens. They were $4.99 a piece and really cute.

We have that one! Got it in 2008 :goodvibes

Is this the bag you're talking about? We got this a few years at one of the gift shops at the Poly. So cute!

HalloweenBag.jpg

We have these as well! The kids use them every year for trick or treating and they are our library bags (each kids gets to pick what books they want, I always seem to end up carrying them though). We always get compliments on them. They are great quality and adorable!

Target has some cute Disney Halloween Bags that have a shoulder strap. They are $5 and the had a Princess one that said Boo To You Too as well as Cars and Toy Story but not sure if they had anything written on them. They also had Star Wars ones and Hello Kitty.

Have you thought about the reusable bags at the Disney store? They are pretty large and just like the bags at the grocery stores and have a Disney theme. They also sell them online if you don't have a disney store near you.They are about$2.50 each.

This is what I do! Disney usually comes out with a Halloween theme but I haven't seen one yet this year (has anyone?). I'll be checking one more time before I attend the party.

yes, use the bags they give you for the actual treat getting and bring/wear a backpack to dump the candy into because it will get heavy fast.

I was there 2 years ago for my last party and with just my DD14 and I, we had over 5lbs of candy. We gave it out for Halloween plus I brought it into the class parties and we still had a bunch left.

what are the dimensions of the bag they provide? (for the party at DLR not WDW)...anyone have a picture?

images

This is from the Disney Food Blog, the bags are always the same size but have different designs on them. Last year it was Snow White and Toy Story 3 on the other side....I think TS3 was on the other side, it might have been the year before that TS3 was on the bags? They are not that big....we carry regular size Trick-Or-Treat bags to empty the smaller bags in to, just in case they get too full. I don't have one in front of me to measure but I think they were around 10" by 8" with maybe a 3-4 inch side. They are plastic, but thicker than a grocery bag.

images

Here is a cute one that I found when I did a search on Mickey Halloween Bag....probably wouldn't take too much money or fabric to make up one of these.

HalloweenBag.jpg

Im such a sap, haha almost got teary seeing this bag. : ) My DS9's first trip was Halloween 2007 ... I bought him this bag. 10 days at WDW , such a magical trip ! It was under $15 I remember. OP the Wilderness Campground does a big halloween campfire sing along with a movie for free on Halloween night, they pass out candy and all the Characters are dressed up. Headless horseman even made a visit. SOOO MUCH FUN!

images

This is from the Disney Food Blog, the bags are always the same size but have different designs on them. Last year it was Snow White and Toy Story 3 on the other side....I think TS3 was on the other side, it might have been the year before that TS3 was on the bags? They are not that big....we carry regular size Trick-Or-Treat bags to empty the smaller bags in to, just in case they get too full. I don't have one in front of me to measure but I think they were around 10" by 8" with maybe a 3-4 inch side. They are plastic, but thicker than a grocery bag.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter