• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Treasures Wave 3 DVD Collection Delayed

Experiment626

Earning My Ears
from Animation World Network...
http://news.awn.com/index.php3?ltype=top&newsitem_no=9600

Disney Treasures Wave 3 DVD Collection Delayed

November 13, 2003

Due to "overwhelming consumer demand and retailer orders for Buena Vista Home Entertainment's WALT DISNEY TREASURES WAVE 3," the highly anticipated and collectible limited series has been pushed back from December 2, 2003 to May 18, 2004. Apparently Technicolor is backed up with manufacturing orders (including FINDING NEMO, THE LION KING and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN), because, according to an official statement, "demand for the four titles in the upcoming wave has exceeded BVHE's ability to manufacture enough [units]."

WALT DISNEY TREASURES debuts some of Walt Disney's greatest wonders - uncut and uncensored, as never assembled or released on DVD before. Each two-disc DVD volume (priced at $32.99) is packaged in a collectible tin, with an exclusive lithograph. The limited series volumes contain individually numbered authenticity certificates. Fully restored, each volume is hosted by noted film historian Leonard Maltin.

WAVE 3 includes:

"On The Front Lines" the Disney Studio's rare and historic World War II-themed productions, including recently declassified military training films and the feature-length film VICTORY THROUGH AIR POWER, collected together for the first time.

"Mickey Mouse In Living Color (Volume Two)" features rare and never-before-seen Mickey Mouse animation. It is a continuation of the 2002 debut of Volume One.

"The Chronological Donald" presents a first-ever compilation of Donald Duck's shorts from 1936 to 1941.

TOMORROWLAND showcases Walt's historic TV shows on outer space and space travel.

These special sets are loaded with supplemental features such as rare or unseen archival material, story sketch sequences, still-frame production art galleries, historical publicity and memorabilia galleries, artist interviews and more.

UH OH !!! I have always pre-ordered the set as a Christmas present to myself, and tell the wife not to get me anything as I took care of it for her. Now no Christmas present !!

Thanks so much for info ! Disney website still shows 12/2/03 but Amazon notified me about May 2004 date and I was confused....

Is everybody buying that story about the demand? I can't see why these editions would generate any more interest than previous volumes. I understand they sold well, but they were on the shelves for a long, long time here(months and months if not over a year). :confused:

My take on the issue is that the "unexpected" demand is for Nemo. Also, Pirates should be a winner on DVD as well.
What gets me is that "they" missed the boat on merchandizing for Pirates, so many lost dollars. And now because of "their" shortsightedness they may lose additional sales of Treasures due to the postponed release. Who is minding the store over at BVHE?

While they may have "missed the boat" on Pirates, they REALLY blew it on Nemo. There is not much Nemo stuff out there......... and our guests are looking for it........ (Disneystore)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter