Disney TRAVEL Channel - NY

Dreamflight

Mouseketeer
Hi,

For those that have Cablevision IO in NY, (or who might move to NY just for this :goodvibes ) there's a new subscription Disney Travel Channel on Channel 650!!

I first noticed a commercial for it while watching tv and tuned to the channel. You have to subscribe for it (haven't done it yet but will) but you can watch free videos on it now. There was a 20 minute video about the DVC/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas that was pretty cool. I'm hoping that this channel runs for most of the day and has a lot of programs cause this could be a MAJOR haven for Disney fans eager for a daily video fix :)

Apologies if anyone has posted about this before. I didn't see any threads on the first two pages and the "Search" feature seems to be a bit loopy for me. But I just wanted to let everyone know about this :)

I've watched all the shows already! I particularly liked the series about the making of the Pirates and Princesses Party but I'm still waiting for the next installment! The Rumors videos were cute too - I had no idea about the basketball hoop!

The only problem I see with the channel is that there aren't enough videos on it. I've watched them all at least twice. Perhaps I'm missing something though, did the OP mean that you have to subscribe to the channel, or just to IO? I have IO and saw the on demand videos, but if OP was talking about subscribing to the channel specifically, well then perhaps I've missed something somewhere.

I'm not 100% sure but this is how I THINK it works:

If you are subscribed to Cablevision and further to IO, you can access the preview videos on that channel. There are like 10, maybe 12 up there now and most of them are pretty short. I saw a few 20 minute ones though. But if you then purchase a subscription to the channel, there are more shows.

Again, I'm still unsure about that. And I wasn't able to find too much information on the channel online or on Cablevision's home page. My hunch is that there is more to this then just the preview videos they've shown. I'm hoping that's the case too as this channel has SOOOOO much potential :)

I think I ordered the Disney vacation DVD off of that before last Christmas. Or is this something different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter