Disney Transportation to Port Canaveral

Pluto6

Dream the impossible to make it possible
We are scheduled for Disney Transfer from Port Orleans Resort to the Cruise Terminal. Was wondering if anyone has any experiance with this, what time did you arrive at the port etc etc. Getting closer to our April 14 2012 cruise and ironing out the details. Thankspluto:

We transferred from the Poly to DCL and our bus time was 1130 am and we were on the ship at 1:30. From what I've read, the bus transfers from resorts is just about always between 11 and and 12:30 pm. Plan on a leisurely morning at your resort :)

You will get the exact time in your hotel room the day before, but you will be picked up between 11:30 and 12:30 and will arrive at the cruise terminal about 1:30 (normal traffic). Your checked luggage will be picked up in you hotel room about 8 am and will go to port on a truck; you'll see it in your cabin that afternoon. Well...outside the door of your cabin. You will be asked to be at the bus meeting spot with your carry on bags at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure. (It used to be an hour before...I guess because it took the CM 5 minutes to check off everyone's name)

It is a great time for a character breakfast.

pluto6:
We are doing exactly the same (port Orleans), a month later. Can you please post on this thread on return the timing. I must confess it will be easy on the family (late sleepers, never in hurry) and rough on me (early riser, always have gotten boarding group 2 or 3)!!!

It sounds like there is a component of randomness (some resorts earlier, some later), but they get there about the same time.

pluto6:
We are doing exactly the same (port Orleans), a month later. Can you please post on this thread on return the timing. I must confess it will be easy on the family (late sleepers, never in hurry) and rough on me (early riser, always have gotten boarding group 2 or 3)!!!

It sounds like there is a component of randomness (some resorts earlier, some later), but they get there about the same time.

It's good that one of you is an early riser because bell services will be picking up your luggage around 8 a.m.

We have left from the BLT and AKL and both times got to the port at 1:30PM. At BLT our luggage had to be ready at 9AM, and at AKL at 8AM.
We are two older folks who appreciate the luggage handling, and don't mind getting to the port at 1:30PM. In April 2011 there were quite a bit of folks standing around waiting to board. We were given bp 37 at the medical forms desk, but the CM checking us in gave us #3 so we walked right onto the ship.

There is nothing random about the pick up times. Each bus serves 3 resorts in the same general area of WDW. The pick up times are 11:30, 12:00, and 12:30 for any given bus.

While they have a basically set route, it can vary if there happens to be a large number of guests with transfers staying at a given resort; in that case they may shuffle which bus goes where a little. Since all the buses have a last pick up of 12:30, they all arrive at WDW about 1:30 unless there is a major traffic problem on the Beach Line.

pluto6:

I will try to post when we get back. Sounds like you and I are in the same "boat" ,pun intended, I am an early riser also with three pillow pirates.:beach::beach:

Just wanted to add that another nice thing about taking DCL transportation and arriving to the port a little later is that when you board, your stateroom will most likely be ready so you can drop off your carry ons right away and go enjoy lunch and the ship.

When we did the Canal and stayed at KV luggage was at 8am and no letter or info on that.,We had breakfast at Boma and bus did not load until nearly 1230 no on the ship till nearly 2 and lunch had stopped except for counter service.,. This time staying at Disney Vero Beach.

I will try to post when we get back. Sounds like you and I are in the same "boat" ,pun intended, I am an early riser also with three pillow pirates.:beach::beach:

Easy as pie. Picked up luggage at 8am then back to bed for an hour or so, liesurly breakfast at food court and then on the bus at 12:00. Got to port around 1:15. No Problems at all. POFQ was the last pick-up for the bus before leaving for the port.:)

Easy as pie. Picked up luggage at 8am then back to bed for an hour or so, liesurly breakfast at food court and then on the bus at 12:00. Got to port around 1:15. No Problems at all. POFQ was the last pick-up for the bus before leaving for the port.:)

THANKS for keeping your promise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter