Disney Transportation.... staying off-site

marlynnp

No take backs, bowing out or other weenie manuever
This trip we are staying off-site. Can we use disney transportation between the parks and resorts? If so, where can I find info on how the buses run?

Yes you can use the buses, boats, and monorails and visit resorts.

Of course you will find that taking the bus to a different park is not worthwhile if you don't have hopping on your pass.

Resort buses generally run at 20 minute or shorter intervals. To go from one resort to another resort you have to change at a park or at Downtown Disney.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

:thumbsup2 Thanks!
I have an AP, so hopping's not a problem, just haven't stayed off-site before so I wasn't sure about using the buses.

We stayed off-site for the first time this past April and found driving from park to park was very, very easy. A lot easier than waiting for busses and fighting the crowds.
Good Luck,
Joe

We're in the same boat first time off Disney, so not sure of transport.
would you be able to get a bus to MK from Downtown Disney? DH and my 2DS's prefer DQ, whereas my 3yr old DD would prefer MK I imagine. If we split up, would DH be able to drop me and DD at MK and then Drive to DQ with the boyswithout incurring parking charges? Would I be able to get to Downtown Disney via a bus from MK even though we're not on site guests? Any idea what parking charges at parks are?

Any ideas pls.

WDW does not provide bus trans from DTD to any of the parks...only the resorts. With free parking at DTD, WDW was find that people were parking at DTD and using the busses to go to the parks...it was cutting into their parking revenue and filling the DTD parking lots so DTD customers could not park.

...and if you still are thinking of parking at DTD and using the bus to go to a resort and then switch to the parks, keep in mind that the bus trans from DTD to the resorts is probably the worst of all bus trans on property...few and far between.

Thanks for your deep insight.

I think that whatever happens DH will have to park at DTD, since thats where DQ is and thats where the boys wish to go.
Have since contacted WDW direct and they advise that they do have a guest drop off point at MK.
Now we can make sure all the children will have a fun vacation. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter