Disney Transportation Schedule??

There's really no schedule. Buses from each resort go to each of the parks and Downtown Disney about every 20 minutes or so. To clarify ... if you are at Resort X, you can catch a bus to Magic Kingdom, OR a bus to Epcot, etc. ... it's not like one bus goes to all of the resorts. Generally speaking, buses to parks may start running as early as two-and-a-half hours prior to a park's opening time (because all 4 parks have restaurants inside the parks that offer character breakfasts prior to park opening).

Buses generally stop running about an hour or more after a park closes. They make sure (as best they can) that no one gets stranded. Downtown Disney buses run until about 1 or 2 a.m.

There are no buses that take you directly from one resort to another, but there are buses (and sometimes boats, monorail, etc.) that take you between one park and another.

There's really no website that gives all this info in one, easy-to-digest place. A website exists, but it is woefully outdated, meaning it sometimes gives wrong and/or very inefficient information.

If you have any specific questions about how to get from one specific point to another, you should go ahead and ask those questions in this Transportation forum. :goodvibes

Thanks for the replies! We have a cabin at FW reserved for the week we're there. We will likely only go to the MK for two days at most then a day at Blizzard Beach and/or Typhoon Lagoon, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. We stayed at FW years ago and it was too convenient to the MK but I can't remember how long it took to get from FW to DD, and Epcot. BB and TL weren't there when we were there as far as I can remember but River Country was and that was a blast but I hear it isn't there any more, :-(.
I guess the question is, how long does it take to get from FW down to DD, Epcot, AK and the waterparks?
Thanks again!!!:thumbsup2

I'll bump for you since I have never stayed at FW. I do know that transportation can be a bit more involved at FW because you may have to take an internal bus to the bus stop.

The previous posters are correct - there is no such thing as a Disney Transportation schedule. Buses are supposedly dispatched on an as-needed basis, with the usual waiting time being up to 20 minutes between buses.

At Fort Wilderness you will also have to ride an internal bus to a main bus stop. The buses to parks and DTD are also often shared with Wilderness Lodge.

FW has there own internal bus system. On the plus side you will have the newest and our experimental test buses. On the down side you will use them to get to the Outpost from whereever you are setup at. ALSO you have to use the water taxi to get to MK.

All other hubs will pick up at Outpost. If you are at MK so late the Watercraft CM's close down, take a Bus to Wilderness Lodge and then transfer to a Fort Wilderness (station 1) there.

You can try this website:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

It will give way of getting around the world, but the times seem to be a little inflated from my experience. I guess it is better to be early than late.
A word of caution ... this website is outdated ... much of the info is just fine, but some of it is just plain wrong ... therefore, using it for transportation planning is sort of like playing Russian Roulette.

FW has there own internal bus system. On the plus side you will have the newest and our experimental test buses. On the down side you will use them to get to the Outpost from whereever you are setup at. ALSO you have to use the water taxi to get to MK.

All other hubs will pick up at Outpost. If you are at MK so late the Watercraft CM's close down, take a Bus to Wilderness Lodge and then transfer to a Fort Wilderness (station 1) there.

For clarification on the blue color above -

WDW Watercraft serving the FWC (Green flag on the bow of the boats) operate until about 1 hour after the MK closes - this includes night EMHs.

For instance, if EMHs at the MK end at 1 am, then the last Green flag boat from the MK to the FWC will be about 2 am.

Regarding the other WDW Watercraft ops on Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, the above regarding the MK-FWC watercraft service also applies to the Red flag boats serving the WL from the MK.

However, there are some exceptions.

The Blue flag motor launches serving the CR, FWC and the WL cease operations at 2330 regardless of the MK closing time.

Ferry boats operating between the TTC and the MK cease ops about 45 minutes after the MK closes to the public and do not operate for night EMHs. Same for the Gold flag motor launches serving the GF and Poly from the MK.

We stayed at FW in Oct. & found it took anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to get to the other parks by bus. As far as the internal bus system, we never quite figured it out. We decided to walk to the ferry & bus stop. Yes it was about a mile to the ferry but as long as it took to get the right bus in FW just to get to the ferry or bus station, we decided it was faster to walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter