Disney transportation post checkout

griffs10

Earning My Ears
Hi All! New to posting, but not new to reading these boards. My question is this: I am looking at booking my return flight for 5:30 in the evening. If I do airline check-in and check my bags and check out of my hotel at 9 or 10 in the morning, could I still use the Disney bus to go to DTD for a few hours and then back to the resort to catch the ME to the airport or do they frown upon that after you've checked out?

Thanks! :drive:

Hi All! New to posting, but not new to reading these boards. My question is this: I am looking at booking my return flight for 5:30 in the evening. If I do airline check-in and check my bags and check out of my hotel at 9 or 10 in the morning, could I still use the Disney bus to go to DTD for a few hours and then back to the resort to catch the ME to the airport or do they frown upon that after you've checked out?

Thanks! :drive:
Yes, you definitely can do that! Keep in mind, your assigned ME pickup time will be 2:30 +/- 15 minutes. Then you're supposed to be at the ME pickup site 15 minutes before that time.

Disney Transport is free for everyone, whether resort guest or not.

Buses out of DTD stop at PI & TL before going to the resort, and there's a good chance you may have to wait for a driver change at PI. It is not unusual for the trip to take an hour. You should be at the DTD bus stop 1 1/2 hours before you need to be at the resort.

If you get back early, relax in the food court or browse the gift shop while waiting for your bus appointment.

Thanks! I had no idea the transport was for everyone; you learn something new everyday! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter