• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney transportation or towncar service

Zoop

DVC Member since 1999
We are a family of five staying at the Hyatt inside Orlando International Airport the night before our cruise in November.
We like the idea of them picking up our luggage the morning of the cruise and bringing it to the ship.

My question is do you experts think it would be better to use Disney transfers to and from the port or to use a towncar service instead. Has anyone ever stayed at the Hyatt and used a towncar service?

Thanks for your help ... :cool:

Zoop, Haven't experienced it yet, but with all the info on this forum, we booked the towncar service for our May 8th cruise. They will be picking us up at the Hyath Orlando Airport at 9:30 and have us to port by 11:00. This is with a 1/2 hour grocery store stop for drinks and snacks. Then on the return to the airport, after the cruise, they will be picking us up at 8:30 for a quick trip back to MCO. All this for $30 less than the Disney transfers -- and you do not have to wait for all the other Disney transport passangers to board the bus. We are using FLtours, one of the sponsers of DISboards, because of all the great things fellow posters haad to say about them. Hope this helps. :teeth:

We drove our first cruise but have used DCL transport since. DCL transport is good for us because there are only two of us but if we had more traveling then maybe renting or some other way would be better. (read cheaper)

Our son and his wife go with us next time so I'll check into a different form of transportation to make sure.

We are a family of 5 as well and it is MUCH cheaper for us to get a car service than to use Disney Transfers. We've used your ride to get a van because 5 people cant fit into a towncar legally and then we got a Limo for this trip and it is still cheaper than using the DCL transfers. If you use a car service you really dont touch your luggage very much either since usually the driver will load or at least help load your luggage in the car for you. We never once touched our luggage with your ride. Our driver Mike helped us get everything from baggage claim, loaded it into the van, unloaded it at the Poly, loaded it back up, unloaded it for the porters at the dock and then reloaded it all for us. It was nice to be able to go when WE wanted to go and not have to wait for a bus to fill up or have a scheduled time to be there. Even with a p/u at the airport, drop off at Port Orleans and the limo to the port and back to the airport it was still about 50 dollars cheaper than getting the Disney Transfers for us.

Heidi

We are a group of 8 people (2 families) and we just booked a Happy Limo van to pick us up at Staybridge in Orlando right to the port and then back to the Airport after the cruise for about $125 less than the Disney Transportation; including tip. What a deal. I also was able to cancel our transportaion from the Staybridege to the Airport, whee we aere going to meet the Disney Transportaion originall, so we aved another $110 on that. I look on it as extra money for drinks.! Check out Happy Limo!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter