Disney Transportation from Airport to Resort

Mary.Poppins

Mouseketeer
So, my DD is headed to WDW later this month. She will be staying one night at Allstar Sport. She will be taking Disney transportation from the airport to the resort. I was told she wouldn't need to even pick up her luggage at baggage claim. Is that so? and how do they know what luggage she has?

You should be getting luggage tags in the mail a few weeks before she goes. Put these on the luggage before checking it at the airport and they'll grab it at MCO. Service is Disney's Magical Express.

Andrew

I talked to Disney about this today as my mom leaves at the end of September but is a worry wart. You might need to call them and make sure they have her flight info and magical express noted on her ressie. But if she doesn't get her tags, just give them the stickers that the airline give you when they check her bags. Disney will find them from the baggage check stickers/sheet. They say you should get her tags 30 days prior but I don't remember getting ours to about 10 days out but it has been 3 years.

Tiffany

The luggage tags are yellow and will be coded with your DD's resort reservation information.

2 weeks should be okay for her to receive them, but she may want to call DME directly and ask that they rush them. If she doesn't receive the tags in time, she can just go to the DME desk at MCO and provide them with her baggage claim tickets. She will need to provide a description of her luggage and DME personnel can go to baggage claim and retrieve her bags for her and ship them to her resort.

Has she specifically booked DME with WDW? She needs to provide her flight information to WDW CRO and they will set up the reservation with DME.

So, my DD is headed to WDW later this month. She will be staying one night at Allstar Sport. She will be taking Disney transportation from the airport to the resort. I was told she wouldn't need to even pick up her luggage at baggage claim. Is that so? and how do they know what luggage she has?

It depends on what time her flight gets in. If it's a late night arrival she will have to pick up her luggage herself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter