• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney transport question

my2kids

Mouseketeer
someone told me that if you stay at a walt disney resort like pop century that you can take the disney transport bus for free??? is this true? We are reserved at the rasisson at the port but we are looking for something cheaper. any ideas? we may have to rent a vehicle so we were looking to rent and turn in and then re rent when we get off. we are goin may 21st . thanks

There is free (Magical Express) transportation from MCO to the WDW resorts. However, this won't get you to the port.

The cheapest way we've found to fly in the night before is to get a 2.5* Priceline hotel in the MCO area. For this, we typically bid $31-35 per night, but on our last cruise we had to go to $39. Add about $8-10 for taxes and fees. This included transportation to/from MCO to hotel and breakfast.

Either when you check arrive at MCO or the next morning, get a one way car rental and use that to get to the port. You can drop off the passengers and return the car or just return the car and have everyone take the free shuttle from the car place to the port. We've found the MCO hotels to be much cheaper than those near the port. We've also found 2 one way car rentals to be cheaper than free parking at a port hotel and keeping the car.

When there are 2 of us on a participating airline, we pay a little more for the convenience of the on board check in and luggage handling on the way home. If not on a participating airline, it might not be worth it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter