• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney too Expensive!

I agree. There are a lot of deals to be found. The value resorts may not be anything special, but they are cheap compared to other similar hotels in less convenient places!

Just out of curiosity, when are the value resorts $50?

I travel to WDW quite frequently and can't remember them ever being that cheap.

thanks! :yay:

Hotels around Disney are cheaper because of Disney. They have to be - otherwise, why not just stay on property?

My d goes to college in upstate NY, not exactly a prime destination. I pay more at a Country Inn there than I would at a moderate (during value season with a AAA discount, but still --).

Vacations that I would want to take, in areas I would want to visit during times I want to go, are more expensive than Disney. I have no problem going to Disney in value season; Aruba or Bermuda - not so much. They're too dependent on weather, and their "value season" is when the weather's not all that good. I know that I'll have a good time at Disney regardless of the season.

And I can't guarantee that anywhere else, and certainly not without significantly more planning and worrying than I do over a Disney vacation (DIS boards notwithstanding - planning here is to get the most out of the vacation, not to worry about whether I chose the right tour operator or hotel or area of city.)

Just wanted to say "hello neighbour!" We are from Edmonton, Alberta. We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 teen boys) headed to disney world in Sept. as well. Free dining was a huge discount for our family...saved us 1600.00 ...we are staying Sept 1-12 (11 nights) at AKL. Love WDW, it is a terrific vacation with many memories that last a lifetime!!
:goodvibes

Have a great time "Chimo2u". I'll forgive you that you are from that other hockey city. Actualy by 13 yr old is a big Oilers fan.

I agree with everyone else in that the great thing about Disney is that you can make it as expensive or as cheap as you want! You can stay deluxe conceirge with deluxe dining or stay offsite and still have a great time.

We are a family of 5 and i am looking into offsite townhouses very close to disney with a pool and so much more space than a tiny hotel room... less than half the cost of ONE room at the WL where we stayed last trip and we would have three bedrooms, a kitchen, a splash pool. DH and I priced it and we can do it for quite cheap plus eating more offsite, no park hoppers. We could stay lONGER even for less! I have always loved the onsite expereince but for us, if it meant we could get back sooner, and have more room for my family, we are going to check it out.

One more saving tip I wanted to add and didnt see. Get a Disney Visa card. we have one and put EVERYTHING on the card... gas, grroceries, all expensies. We pay it off regularly. But we rack up major Disney dollars. This last trip we managed to have like 800 dollars! We had the budget to use it for extras like souvies and BBB and then for all our tips. But if we went again, we would put it toward a couple character meals as extras or even toward tickets. IT has been a GREAT thing for us.

Believe me I feel the same way at times. We still lament over the room prices. I can remember when you could get the All Stars for $40 a night off season. Now if we pay $69 a night I think it is horrible!

From the perspective of a frequent business traveler (ME), I'd say that if I could find Disney lodging quality ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD for $69 a night, I'd jump on that like a linebacker on a dropped pass!

Crappy rooms near airports with 24-hour traffic noise and furnishings from the last century go for nearly $200 in most cities I go to -- believe me, the Values are JUST THAT! Great VALUE!

We, a family of 5, just returned from WDW after a wonderful week at the Beach Club. We drove from upstate NY in a rented car, stayed on the 7/4 deal, and ate three meals at TS restaurants.

I will never forget this trip. It cost (package, meals, drinks, travel, etc.) almost $4,800. Best money I ever spent on a vacation. I can't afford it every year, so we don't go every year, but we can swing it every two years.

A Disney vacation is an experience that should bring a great deal of satisfaction. It did for us, and it was worth the $$$.

I agree with the posters who cite the cost of other entertainment and vacation options: in comparison, Disney is a bargain. Last month, I saw that one day at my local Six Flags park was $42. I am more than willing to pay twice as much for the Magic Kingdom as it is worth about 10x as much in comparison. However, with multi-day tickets, I am down to about the same $42.

I am saving $50 ($7.15 per day) per week starting this week for the 2011 trip. $5000 is only two years away.

I would do almost anything to be stuck in a small charming town in England. Of course, I would have to rent a car and I'd spend my town exploring ruins and castles and other small towns and so on. Personally, I'd love it!

Well, I can tell you that it's about the same price as the same length of vacation at Disney World, as long as you stay with my father-in-law, stepmother-in-law, sister-in-law, and stepsister-in-law.

The Midlands are not known for their ruins and castles, I don't think, other than Sherwood Forest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter