Disney to "Quiet the Noise" in Culture Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about politics in Disney's movies (as opposed to statements by Disney leadership), then what are some examples of that? Some people (not necessarily you) seem all too ready to call any non-traditional casting or characters "political."
I was referring to politics that Disney leadership gets themselves into.

I'm kind of in disbelief that there hasn't been a Pokemon themed land proposed at Universal yet. The recognition has been there for decades at this point, I was half expecting one with Epic universe but then they dusted off how to train your dragon...
No kidding. Pokémon along with Jurassic World and the soon-to-be Mario addition pretty much sums up my entire child-rearing experience to date. Throw in Minecraft and I wouldn’t be able to pay our kids to chose Disney over Universal.

Igar never said he was going to stop what Disney is doing he will just do it quietly. Actions speak louder than words. If he really is serious about changing the trend Disney has been going, he would come out and cancel the new Snow White movie.
Why? What is wrong with LA Snow White?

Last edited:

What does that have to do with Disney?
Has to do with the stock performance and that the box office #s have little effect on the overall performance of a stock.

Right now all WS cares about is Linear and Streaming and what the future holds for both.

Has to do with the stock performance and that the box office #s have little effect on the overall performance of a stock.

Right now all WS cares about is Linear and Streaming and what the future holds for both.
Hmm. I feel like you’re working overtime to defend Disney. Obviously there’s a problem.

Hmm. I feel like you’re working overtime to defend Disney. Obviously there’s a problem.
There is a problem. For one linear markets are steadily declining and Disney has to figure out how they’re going to handle that.

The theatrical market also still hasn’t recovered to pre-pandemic levels. Currently on pace to be 25% below 2019 in ticket sales.

Disney also jumped too fast and furious into streaming by pulling most of their content off of other streaming services which ate into their licensing revenue. Should’ve kept that in place a bit longer than they did. They also got over ambitious about the expansion of their streaming service in certain regions of the world.

Last edited:
There is a problem. For one linear markets are steadily declining and Disney has to figure out how they’re going to handle that.

The theatrical market also still hasn’t recovered to pre-pandemic levels. Currently on pace to be 25% below 2019 in ticket sales.

Disney also jumped too fast and furious into streaming by pulling most of their content off of other streaming services which ate into their licensing revenue. Should’ve kept that in place a bit longer than they did. They also got over ambitious about the expansion of their streaming service in certain regions of the world.
The’ve got other problems like genie plus, ride breakdowns, service declining, two new ships that aren’t well like by their repeat cruisers. I’ve never been a fan of Disney movies just not my thing. The parks I have always enjoyed, but I have no desire to go go back the way things are now. Ive cruised on DCL 30 times. I didn’t like their new ship and have no desire to sail on the next one. We’re over a 10 days into booking and the maiden voyage of the Treasure is not close to selling out.

I think more and people aren’t finding value in a Disney vacation or maybe just don’t even like Disney anymore for a variety of reasons.

The’ve got other problems like genie plus, ride breakdowns, service declining, two new ships that aren’t well like by their repeat cruisers. I’ve never been a fan of Disney movies just not my thing. The parks I have always enjoyed, but I have no desire to go go back the way things are now. Ive cruised on DCL 30 times. I didn’t like their new ship and have no desire to sail on the next one. We’re over a 10 days into booking and the maiden voyage of the Treasure is not close to selling out.

I think more and people aren’t finding value in a Disney vacation or maybe just don’t even like Disney anymore for a variety of reasons.
Parks sector on pace for its most profitable fiscal year in the history of the company. Cruise line reporting 98% occupancy for the current quarter.

The Wish delays, lacking experience in those first sailings and dislike of the layout by regular DCL cruisers likely a factor into why the MV of the Treasure hasn’t sold out, along with the high cost and the obvious issue of the Maiden Voyage dates not exactly being the most convenient.

The $$$ problems for the company aren’t currently in the parks sector.

Last edited:
Iger is driving the ship,
If he brings it back to the middle of the channel,
and I start seeing dividends again, I would love that.

If he can pay dividends and make the world a better place that would be Fantasmic

Iger is driving the ship,
If he brings it back to the middle of the channel,
and I start seeing dividends again, I would love that.

If he can pay dividends and make the world a better place that would be Fantasmic
Kevin Lansberry told investors they have enough liquidity and cash on hand, etc to bring back the dividend and follow through on the Hulu purchase whose process got expedited to the end of this month. We’ll see if that actually happens soon…

Kevin Lansberry told investors they have enough liquidity and cash on hand, etc to bring back the dividend and follow through on the Hulu purchase whose process got expedited to the end of this month. We’ll see if that actually happens soon…
great, as long as they pay me...
And if they have that much liquidity maybe they will start snatching some ROFR's so my points will be worth more...

The Wish delays, lacking experience in those first sailings and dislike of the layout by regular DCL cruisers likely a factor into why the MV of the Treasure hasn’t sold out, along with the high cost and the obvious issue of the Maiden Voyage dates not exactly being the most convenient.
The high cost portion should be underlined and bolded.

We'll do a Disney cruise eventually but it's a tough sell when they are more than double the cost of their competitors. I've never looked into the numbers behind it but I'm sure their margins are healthy and they have plenty of room to move prices if they ever saw a dip in bookings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter