• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
New data point from some of my tests, not sure how informative it is given the systems wonkiness, but here it is FWIW. I made a reservation for 4/30-5/12 room only with AP. Last week the FP window opened early (should have opened this morning) and I scheduled FOP. I then modified that reservation to 5/3 to 5/17. (This was on 2/24 at 10pm) I was given NO warning of any kind regarding FPs. This morning I got this email:

We see a change has occurred that impacts your eligibility for the following FastPass+ experiences on 05/08/2019:

Avatar Flight of Passage If action is not taken to restore your eligibility, these FastPass+selections are subject to cancellation on 03/02/2019.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 03/02/2019, you may need to:

• Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link an eligible Resort Reservation to your My Disney Experience account.

So it’s recognizing that you booked early?

New data point from some of my tests, not sure how informative it is given the systems wonkiness, but here it is FWIW. I made a reservation for 4/30-5/12 room only with AP. Last week the FP window opened early (should have opened this morning) and I scheduled FOP. I then modified that reservation to 5/3 to 5/17. (This was on 2/24 at 10pm) I was given NO warning of any kind regarding FPs. This morning I got this email:

We see a change has occurred that impacts your eligibility for the following FastPass+ experiences on 05/08/2019:

Avatar Flight of Passage If action is not taken to restore your eligibility, these FastPass+selections are subject to cancellation on 03/02/2019.

For my DS hotel test...

The hotel reservation has now been deleted from MDE. However, the fastpasses have all remained intact.

I do have a legitimate Dolphin reservation a few days *after* these dummy fastpasses. Not sure if that’s helping to keep them intact.

:laughing:
For my DS hotel test...

The hotel reservation has now been deleted from MDE. However, the fastpasses have all remained intact.

I do have a legitimate Dolphin reservation a few days *after* these dummy fastpasses. Not sure if that’s helping to keep them intact.
Maybe. Maybe not.

It’s been 72 hours since I cancelled split DVC reservations. The FPs are still in MDE. No email warning me to add a reservation. I’ll be cancelling two FPs for Barnstormer for the end of April if anyone has been stalking MDE for them. :laughing:

From what I understood, she moved the dates away from where she booked the FPs. So she had Fps that were not covered by a resort and >60 days out.

I have FP like that booked as a test and I have not received a warning email (yet?).

EDIT. Wait, you are right... my bad. This is weird.

Today would be 60 days from her original dates. So, it appears that the system recognized that she had FP's that were booked with a 60 day booking window that she no longer has...and it has alerted her to take action, or lose them.

The "early" booking part (>60 days), was obviously some kind of glitch. But, it appears that the fp's booked under the glitch would have been honored (if she had kept the original booking) since the system recognized them as being legitimate at the 60 day point from the original booking window.

They really should send the warning with the specific reason the fp was flagged for deletion, instead of a generic email.

Someone may not know what they did to cause it, or how to fix it.

Also a fp could be flagged by mistake (would anyone be surprised if this happened? ) Having the reason for the flag in the warning would help troubleshoot a mistake.

Interesting...It’s weird to me because obviously you still have a reservation for that date of your FP...so I suspect that some of this is the MDE craziness..

I cancelled the first part of my split stay but still have FP for those days (April 9/10)...so currently between the 30-60 day window...will be interesting to see if I get one of those emails! I will keep watching for it and report back!

They really should send the warning with the specific reason the fp was flagged for deletion, instead of a generic email.

Someone may not know what they did to cause it, or how to fix it.

Also a fp could be flagged by mistake (would anyone be surprised if this happened? ) Having the reason for the flag in the warning would help troubleshoot a mistake.
Exactly! What of those options could I do to prevent deletion??? I already have valid ticket media linked and a linked reservation for the day of the FP. So I guess they’re saying add back a reservation that started on 4/30 like the original did? Who knows. Glad this is just a test, but I’m doing these tests bc I have a legit split stay later in May and it’d be awesome to know what’s going on before that window opens. Such a cluster.

Here's an update... for all of the dummy reservations I made over the last week and booked FP using (and then cancelled the dummy reservation): none of the FPs have disappeared.

So at least at this point, FPs are NOT being cancelled. Who knows what the future will hold...

Meanwhile, I have a set of AP vouchers that is allowing me to book FPs into June (that have no resort stay whatsoever).... so there is that...

June?? You appear to be the first one to report that!

Exactly! What of those options could I do to prevent deletion??? I already have valid ticket media linked and a linked reservation for the day of the FP. So I guess they’re saying add back a reservation that started on 4/30 like the original did? Who knows. Glad this is just a test, but I’m doing these tests bc I have a legit split stay later in May and it’d be awesome to know what’s going on before that window opens. Such a cluster.

Looks like the only good thing is that there actually is a grace period, in which if you didn't know what cause the email, you'd be able to call and find out the cause. Not efficient, but at least you would have the opportunity to fix it instead of an automatic cancel.

If you have the time/inclination, you should call and ask why you received the email, and see what they say...might further provide some explanation/clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter