Disney to Buy Lucasfilm for $4.05 Billion

Awesome! :)
75.gif

This is the greatest news in my lifetime.

Okay - a little hyperbole, but the idea of the crew behind The Avengers working on the Star Wars Universe ? Fantastic. And if Disney can build "Star Wars World" and integrate the characters into the parks full time ? Goodbye Harry Potter .... you're automatically bumped down to #2 in Orlando geek world.

Saying plainly, without regard for detail, but still passionate: I am so glad the franchise has departed from lucusfilms. There is so much room for error and success. My two cents: have the films directed by guillermo del toro. I may not have spelled his name right, however, he is a proven creator of both substance and creativity. I could not be more adament that there is no one else out there that could do a better job. No one, not Nolan, not tarantino (not that disney would consider), and for gods sake, not jackson. When I heard the Hobbits were booting del torro for jackson I insta:santa:ntly switched off. If you want to kick star wars in the butt and make it truly exciting DEL TORRO PLEASE! That's all I want for christmas, keep the teeth.
-Phillip

I believe Lucas did the right thing by selling his franchise to Disney. Being a fan of both Disney and Star Wars, it is a match made in heaven for me! Can't wait to see Star Wars: Episode VII! Gonna be awesome!

phillip93 - The Star Wars franchise has not departed from Lucasfilms. Disney owns Lucasfilms, just as they own Marvel. It has become a subsidary of the Walt Disney Company and since Disney bought Lucasfilm, they not only own the Star Wars franchise, but the Indiana Jones franchise as well. Also, George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy are both head of Lucasfilm, so of course, Lucas will still have a say on what goes. As for a director, I think Jerry Bruckheimer would do a great job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter